DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Not In The Book Discussion (Full Spoilers)

Luckers

wRAR what are you basing that answer on? i am basing my question on elayne being close to delivery and how cool that would tie in. if you have knowledge of what happens after please share it. if thats just your opinion then please elaborate past a terse one word. this is for entertainment right?

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wRAR what are you basing that answer on? i am basing my question on elayne being close to delivery and how cool that would tie in. if you have knowledge of what happens after please share it. if thats just your opinion then please elaborate past a terse one word. this is for entertainment right?

The timing doesn't work out. It has been explained in various places since AMoL came out. Birgitte said she had to leave because she was literally about to be born. Elayne isn't far enough along. The prevailing sentiment is Elayne's children are Calian and Shiva who are heralds of a new age.

Why were the Finns at the LB? I assume it was them that Perrin saw flickers of in the wolf dream.

All different realities were sort of fighting a 'last battle' at the time. It's said the valley of Thakan'dar was no longer 'one place' by the end, because the separation between different realities got blurred (pattern unravelling and stuff). I remember reading a better and longer explanation around here somewhere.

In Avi's vision Rhuidean is a major cultural city for the Aiel. I don't see why the rest of the Aiel would not accept the Shaido back once they met their toh.

All eleven clans have blood feud with the Shaido. It's possible they will work their shit out and become a real clan again but I doubt it.

>Something I didn't see mentioned before:

Lanfear and Moghedien's mind-traps? What happened there? Seems like a pretty big puzzle piece to just disappear. Maybe I missed it.

Both were allowed to wear their own mindtraps. They were still bound by them, but not controlled by them so long as no one else was wearing them.

That's going to make things .... Interesting for Moghedien the damane, who will have no choice what happens to her mind trap!

No doubt the sul'dam will take it, but will they destroy it? ( on their previous history I would say it will be in pieces before the day is out- who would keep something that used to belong to a woman who could channel?)

Brigitte is about to be reborn in her last scene, but Elayne is only six months along.    Thus Brigitte is not going to be Elayne's daughter.

As I've maintained, I was very satisfied with the book.

However, it does seem to me that the Callandor as a TP Sa'angreal and also allowing women to control you if using it was somewhat deus ex machine.  I mean, yes, we hear of the flaw and are mislead into thinking the entirety of that flaw is that there is no buffer.

Could anyone point me to a reference regarding Callandor prior to AMOL which notes that using it would result in opening yourself to control by others. I know they usually say that to use it safely, a man needed to be linked to a woman.  But, I don't remember any prior reference which would suggest that using it would lead to being controlled.

Aside, I'm glad we find the other male Sa'angreal which is mentioned in previous passages.

Could anyone point me to a reference regarding Callandor prior to AMOL which notes that using it would result in opening yourself to control by others. I know they usually say that to use it safely, a man needed to be linked to a woman. But, I don't remember any prior reference which would suggest that using it would lead to being controlled.

Here are just a couple of them...

ToM

She shook off the worrying; she had work to do. Was she following the wrong thread? Was she interpreting in the wrong way? She read the line again. Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

&

"There's another phrase, from The Karaethon Cycle. Anyway, I think that Callandor might be flawed beyond that. I think it might . . . Rand, I think it might make you weak, open you to attack, if you use it."

I had completely forgotten Min's research.  Wow, I actually feel better about this now.  It's kind of like, if you didn't remember Ollivander's original "the wand chooses the wizard..." speech from the first book, it would cheapen the final battle in the last book - it was always there, but completely unnoticed.

Thanks Suttree - you've actually made the ending even better for me.

We see an agreement between Egwene and Fortuona whereby Seanchan people will be allowed to set up shop in Tar Valon to encourage people to want to be collared. This is only agreed to if Aes Sedai are allowed to do the same to any women who wear the collar. 

When Mog is collared the Sul'dam says "This one is not one of the Aes Sedai, so she's fair game" and sure enough, she gets collared. What happens when the Aes Sedai go visit the Seanchan in Ebou Dar or wherever and ask the damane there if they want to be freed?

We know the Mog is a very patient forsaken, and as she was spying on the command tent in the guise of a servant, then she's aware of the bargain and knows she only has to wait a while for freedom, something she is capable of doing (as seen before when she was held prisoner by Nyn).

So can we safely assume that Mog will become free in the near future? Will she trigger the war between the Seanchan and the Mainlanders?

Did I miss something? Maybe I read too fast, but it seems every bad guy met his or her demise except Shaidar Haran, who was conspicuously absent.

I think he was there when Rand finally faced Morridin and called Shaidar Haran as a husk because the DO no longer needed him.

How about the Eye of the World? What was its original purpose? What purpose did it actually serve, if it did serve any? The series is over but we still know nothing about it.

Also, is anyone making a list of these questions so someone can ask them at a Q&A session?

if memory servesme right, it was already stated in book 1. The eye of the world was pure Saidin that could only be channeled by the Dragon Reborn. It also protected things. The dragon banner (dunno y),horn of valere and one seal. The pure saidin was also integral in Rand's battle with Aginor who was supposed to be Rand's fiercest rival matching him stroke for stoke in the power. It was also Rand's first taste of pure Saidin. Not the tainted saidin he used to make Bela run faster or do weird stuff after leaving 2Rs.

Now back to MoL, I missed the greenman but Rand looked like he was one with the whole grass and flowers thing in facing Tuon.

We see an agreement between Egwene and Fortuona whereby Seanchan people will be allowed to set up shop in Tar Valon to encourage people to want to be collared. This is only agreed to if Aes Sedai are allowed to do the same to any women who wear the collar. 

When Mog is collared the Sul'dam says "This one is not one of the Aes Sedai, so she's fair game" and sure enough, she gets collared. What happens when the Aes Sedai go visit the Seanchan in Ebou Dar or wherever and ask the damane there if they want to be freed?

We know the Mog is a very patient forsaken, and as she was spying on the command tent in the guise of a servant, then she's aware of the bargain and knows she only has to wait a while for freedom, something she is capable of doing (as seen before when she was held prisoner by Nyn).

So can we safely assume that Mog will become free in the near future? Will she trigger the war between the Seanchan and the Mainlanders?

Seeing Tuon's willingness to tear up the Dragon's peace she signed just days ago for the good of the empire, I doubt she will allow a single Damane to walk free when she has use for them. Moggy will be waiting a long time to be freed.

Did I miss something?  I understand that the channeling red-veiled Aiel were male Aiel channlers that went to fight the shadow and they were turned.  Did we ever get an explanation as to where all the non-channeling red-veiled Aiel came from?  I was surprised how many there were.  Were there any red-veil maidens? 

In Avi's vision Rhuidean is a major cultural city for the Aiel. I don't see why the rest of the Aiel would not accept the Shaido back once they met their toh.

All eleven clans have blood feud with the Shaido. It's possible they will work their shit out and become a real clan again but I doubt it.

Lanfear and Moghedien's mind-traps? What happened there? Seems like a pretty big puzzle piece to just disappear. Maybe I miss

ed it.

Both were allowed to wear their own mindtraps. They were still bound by them, but not controlled by them so long as no one else was wearing them.

That's going to make things .... Interesting for Moghedien the damane, who will have no choice what happens to her mind trap!

No doubt the sul'dam will take it, but will they destroy it? ( on their previous history I would say it will be in pieces before the day is out- who would keep something that used to belong to a woman who could channel?)

Wasn't it standard procedure to destroy all personal property of a Marath-Damane? Or do I confuse that with Aiel Da'Tsangs?

Anyway, if I were a suldam and my new damane made any fuss about their property, I'd make sure to destroy it while they watch...

Lanfear and Moghedien's mind-traps? What happened there? Seems like a pretty big puzzle piece to just disappear. Maybe I missed it.

Wasn't it standard procedure to destroy all personal property of a Marath-Damane? Or do I confuse that with Aiel Da'Tsangs?

Anyway, if I were a suldam and my new damane made any fuss about their property, I'd make sure to destroy it while they watch...

with the DO dead I think the mind trap would be just a pretty trinket. But if that was the case destroying the mind trap might be best so the Seanchan don't learn from Moggy. She might even bargain with her suldam that she knows stuff from the age of legends. You'll have super power Seanchan with legend-class ter'angreals and angreals and OP weaving. If's

is brigitte being born as elaynes daughter?

I don't think so. She said that someone out there was giving birth already. Elayne was still 6 to 7 months preggy. Although I think that's bull since a baby should have a soul already inside the womb but hey its fiction.

Except for the fact we have a POV saying how she made sure she could imitate other forsaken and no other POV from any other forsaken suggeting the imitate others. I thin kthat was BS way of answering the who orded the trolloc raid without coming right out and saying it.

If it is, then it's because he didn't actually know the answer and wanted to make something up. This scene is not evidence of anything, and I don't think Brandon was trying to make it that way.

>Sort of like how it was never said straight out Grendel kill Asmo but the hint was placed in TOM.

It was said straight out, and the hints in TOM were strong ones, unlike the scene you're talking about which only says that Moghedien, like any of the other Forsaken, knows how to imitate other Forsaken. It's hardly a special skill.

Well if you want to be technical about it we have no idea if the other forsaken can imitate each other since it is never said.

We know it's not a difficult weave, and we've never seen anyone having a problem with it, so it doesn't have to be said.
didn't moggy try to imitate Demandred before getting Cannon-blocked? However she did user TP to fool the Sharans.

Btw I'm using my phone to post so it's hard to copy and edit my replies into one single p

Post. Sorry mods.

Did I miss something?  I understand that the channeling red-veiled Aiel were male Aiel channlers that went to fight the shadow and they were turned.  Did we ever get an explanation as to where all the non-channeling red-veiled Aiel came from?  I was surprised how many there were.  Were there any red-veil maidens? 

Probably offspring of other citizens of the Town deemed worth to live.

God thats so irritating.  The entire series is over - it's time to be open about this stuff and stop playing little games so readers can try to figure things out.

It may seem this way, but I for one am glad that so many threads are blowing freely in the winds of time. It means that while AN ending to the story has been reached, it is not THE end.

If I recall correctly, Jordan actually said that everything will not be tied up nice and neat. By ending it this way, there is the possibility of continueing the story post-TG. The PROBABILITY of that happening is another matter.

And at the same time, our imagination concerning things that were not resolved at the end of the series lets the story continue for us, in the world of our dreams.

Did we get the fate of Liandrin and maybe some other BA? I didn't compare descriptions of some BA mentiones with descriptions of known ones.

Also, what about the Blight gateway? I don't think that new AS was Black assuming all blacks were "cast out and scorned".

Archived