DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

If you could randomly CAPITALIZE THINGS in the WoT

Terez

Sorry, couldn't help it. :wink:

With a snarl of rage, Rand threw his head back. "I AM THE DRAGON REBORN!" he cried. "I don’t CARE how they’re treated! They deserve a DUNGEON!" Perrin's hackles stirred as Rand’s eyes lowered from the vaulted ceiling. Blue ice would have been warm and soft beside them, the more so because they stared from a face twisted with pain. "Get out of my sight, Perrin, DO YOU HEAR ME? Get out of Cairhien! Today! NOW! I never want to see you AGAIN!" Pivoting on his heel, he strode away with nobles all but THROWING themselves to the floor as he passed.

Perrin thumbed a trickle of blood from the corner of his mouth. For one moment there, he had been SURE Rand was going to KILL him.

[swallowing hard, she took a long breath. "You will have to HELP me with my buttons," she said unsteadily. "I CANNOT take this dress off by myself."

The two Guardswomen stirred when Min came into the corridor with the Aiel woman, and jerked erect when they realized, as Min closed the door, that no one else was coming out.

"Her taste CAN'T be THAT bad," the blocky, sleepy-eyed one muttered under her breath, hands tightening on her long cudgel. Min did not think anyone had been meant to hear.

"Too much courage, and too much innocence," the lean, mannish one growled. "The Captain-General warned us about that." She put a gauntleted hand on the lion-headed doorlatch.

"You go in there now, and she MIGHT skin you, too," Min said blithely. "Have you ever seen her in a temper? She could make a BEAR weep!"

Aviendha disengaged her arm from Min's and put a little distance between them. It was the Guardswomen who received her scowl, though. "You doubt my sister can handle a single MAN?? She is Aes Sedai, and has the heart of a LION. And you are oath-sworn to follow her! You follow where SHE leads, not put your noses up her SLEEVE."

The Guardswomen exchanged a long look. The heavier woman shrugged. The wiry one grimaced, but she took her hand from the doorlatch. "I'm oath-sworn to keep that GIRL alive," she said in a hard voice, "and I mean to. Now you CHILDREN go play with your DOLLS and let me do my job."

Min considered producing a KNIFE and performing one of the flashy finger-rolls Thom Merrilin had taught her. Just to show THEM who was a CHILD.

:myrddraal:

"Rand," she said firmly, "you can’t be SURE it will have any effect, just because it did on Harine. If you being ta'veren ALWAYS affected everything, you’d have every RULER kneeling at your FEET by now, and the Whitecloaks, too."

"I’M THE DRAGON REBORN," he replied haughtily, "and today I can do ANYTHING." Scooping up his sword belt, he fastened it around his waist. It bore a plain brass buckle, now. The gilded Dragon lay atop the coverlet on the bed. Gloves of thin black leather went on to cover the golden-maned heads on the backs of his hands and the herons branded on his palms. "But I don’t LOOK like him, do I?" He spread his arms, smiling. "They won’t know until it’s TOO LATE."

She almost threw up her hands. "You don’t look much like a FOOL, either." And let him take that how he would. The IDIOT eyed her askance, as if he was not sure. "Rand, as soon as they see the Aiel, they will either run or start FIGHTING. If you won’t take any of the Aes Sedai, at least take those Asha’man. One arrow, and you’re DEAD, whether you’re the Dragon Reborn or a GOATHERD!"

"But I AM THE DRAGON REBORN, Min," he said seriously. "And TA'VEREN. We are going alone; just you and me. That is, if you still WANT to come."

"You’re not going ANYWHERE without me, Rand al’Thor." She stopped herself from saying he would trip over his OWN FEET if he did. This euphoria was almost as bad as the dark bleakness. "Nandera won’t like this." She did not know exactly WHAT went on between him and the Maidens - something VERY peculiar indeed, by the things she had seen - but any hope that that MIGHT stop him guttered out when he grinned like a small BOY evading his MOTHER.

"She won’t KNOW, Min." He even had a TWINKLE in his eye! "I do this ALL the TIME, and they NEVER know."

:myrddraal:

"Rand," she said firmly, "you can’t be SURE it will have any effect, just because it did on Harine. If you being ta'veren ALWAYS affected everything, you’d have every RULER kneeling at your FEET by now, and the Whitecloaks, too."

"I’M THE DRAGON REBORN," he replied haughtily, "and today I can do ANYTHING." Scooping up his sword belt, he fastened it around his waist. It bore a plain brass buckle, now. The gilded Dragon lay atop the coverlet on the bed. Gloves of thin black leather went on to cover the golden-maned heads on the backs of his hands and the herons branded on his palms. "But I don’t LOOK like him, do I?" He spread his arms, smiling. "They won’t know until it’s TOO LATE."

She almost threw up her hands. "You don’t look much like a FOOL, either." And let him take that how he would. The IDIOT eyed her askance, as if he was not sure. "Rand, as soon as they see the Aiel, they will either run or start FIGHTING. If you won’t take any of the Aes Sedai, at least take those Asha’man. One arrow, and you’re DEAD, whether you’re the Dragon Reborn or a GOATHERD!"

"But I AM THE DRAGON REBORN, Min," he said seriously. "And TA'VEREN. We are going alone; just you and me. That is, if you still WANT to come."

"You’re not going ANYWHERE without me, Rand al’Thor." She stopped herself from saying he would trip over his OWN FEET if he did. This euphoria was almost as bad as the dark bleakness. "Nandera won’t like this." She did not know exactly WHAT went on between him and the Maidens - something VERY peculiar indeed, by the things she had seen - but any hope that that MIGHT stop him guttered out when he grinned like a small BOY evading his MOTHER.

"She won’t KNOW, Min." He even had a TWINKLE in his eye! "I do this ALL the TIME, and they NEVER know."

When you do it that way Terez, it makes Rand seem TO be more crazy than he actually is, i think it would of GIVEN more depth the story overall lol

"So Demandred knows you and I meet," he said flatly. Why had he EVER expected to receive more than DRIBLETS from her?

"Of COURSE he does. Not how MUCH I tell you, but that I tell you SOMETHING. I am trying to bring us TOGETHER, Sammael, before it is too – "

He cut in sharply. "You deliver a message to Demandred from ME. Tell him I KNOW what he is up to." Events to the south had Demandred’s mark ALL OVER them. Demandred had ALWAYS liked using proxies. "Tell HIM to be careful. I won’t have him or his FRIENDS interfering in my plans." Perhaps he could direct al’Thor’s attention THERE; that would likely put an END to him. If other means did not work. "So long as they steer clear of me, his LACKEYS can carve out what he wants, but they will steer clear or he will ANSWER for it." There had been a LONG struggle after the Bore was opened into the Great Lord’s prison, many YEARS before enough strength was gathered to move openly. This time, when the final seal was shattered, he would present the Great Lord with NATIONS ready to follow. If they did not know who they followed, what did THAT matter? He would NOT fail, as Be’lal and Rahvin had. The Great Lord WOULD see who served him best. "You TELL him!"

Mat said'

"I have no intention of MARRYING . And I have no intention of DYING , either, whether I am supposed to LIVE again or not. I walk around with HOLES  in my memory, holes in my LIFE , and you stare at me like IDIOTS . If I had my way, I would want those holes FILLED, but at least ANSWERS to my questions might FILL SOME OF MY FUTURE. You have to answer.

Raen says in the EOTW

"You are WELCOME  to our FIRES.Do you KNOW the song.

Elyas bowed in the same way, both hands pressed to his chest. "YOUR welcome WARMS my spirit, MAHDI, as your fires warm the FLESH, but i do not know the SONG."

"Then we SEEK still," the gray-haired man intoned. "As it WAS, so shall it BE, if WE but REMEMBER, seek, and FIND."  He swept an arm toward the fires with a smile, and his voice took on a cheerful lightness. "The MEAL os almost READY. JOIN us PLEASE.

She drew a fingernail along his jaw hard enough to make him flinch. "The time for games and subterfuge is past, Lews Therin. LONG past."

His stomach lurched. "Do you mean to KILL me, then? The Light BURN you, I —"

"KILL you?" she spat incredulously. "Kill YOU! I mean to HAVE you, forever. You were mine LONG before that pale-haired milksop stole you. Before she ever SAW you. You LOVED me!"

"And YOU loved power!" For a moment he felt dazed. The words sounded true – he KNEW they were true – but where had they COME from?

She drew a fingernail along his jaw hard enough to make him flinch. "The time for games and subterfuge is past, Lews Therin. LONG past."

His stomach lurched. "Do you mean to KILL me, then? The Light BURN you, I —"

"KILL you?" she spat incredulously. "Kill YOU! I mean to HAVE you, forever. You were mine LONG before that pale-haired milksop stole you. Before she ever SAW you. You LOVED me!"

"And YOU loved power!" For a moment he felt dazed. The words sounded true – he KNEW they were true – but where had they COME from?

Thats a good one. Short and simple, i think Terez that we are the only ones having fun with this .

"Shai'tan TAKE you, does the taint already have you so far in its grip?"

"That name. Shai—" Lews Therin shuddered and raised a hand as though to ward off something. "You mustn't say that name. It is DANGEROUS."

"So you remember THAT much, at least. Dangerous for YOU, fool, not for me. What else do you remember? REMEMBER, you Light-blinded idiot! I will NOT let it end with you swaddled in unawareness! Remember!"

For a moment Lews Therin stared at his raised hand, fascinated by the patterns of grime. Then he wiped his hand on his even dirtier coat and turned his attention back to the other man. "Who ARE you? What do you WANT?"

The black-clad man drew himself up arrogantly. "Once I was called Elan Morin Tedronai, but NOW—"

"Betrayer of Hope." It was a whisper from Lews Therin.  Memory stirred, but he turned his head, shying away from it.

"So you do remember SOME things. Yes, Betrayer of Hope. So have men named me, just as they named YOU Dragon, but unlike you I embrace the name. They gave me the name to revile me, but I will yet make them kneel and WORSHIP it. What will you do with YOUR name? After this day, men will call you Kinslayer. What will you do with THAT?"

Lews Therin frowned down the ruined hall. "Ilyena should be here to offer a guest welcome," he murmured absently, then raised his voice. "Ilyena, where ARE you?" The floor shook; the golden-haired woman's body shifted as if in answer to his call: His eyes did not see her.

Elan Morin grimaced. "LOOK at you," he said scornfully. "Once you stood FIRST among the Servants. Once you wore the Ring of Tamyrlin, and sat in the HIGH SEAT. Once you summoned the Nine Rods of Dominion. Now LOOK at you! A pitiful, shattered WRETCH. But it is not enough. You humbled me in the Hall of Servants. You defeated me at the Gates of Paaran Disen. But I am the GREATER, now. I will NOT let you die without knowing that. When you die, your last thought will be the FULL KNOWLEDGE of your defeat, of how complete and UTTER it is. If I let you die at all."

I can't help but think of ISAM's abridged summary of Lord of Chaos:

Dark Lord: DEMANDRED. HOW FARES THIS WORLD, DEMANDRED.

Demandred: Rahvin is dead, Great Lord.

Dark Lord: DONE BY MY ANCIENT ENEMY. THE ONE CALLED DRAGON.

Demandred: Great Lord, do you mean one currently called Dragon, or another in a previous Age, who might be a female Dragon, or barring that, a female substitute Dragon? I refuse to believe that a female Dragon couldn’t exist…

Dark Lord: DEMANDRED, I’VE TOLD YOU TO STOP PERPETUATING THAT STUPID THEORY.

Demandred: Sorry, Great Lord. I don’t know what I was thinking.

Dark Lord: So, tell, me Demandred….Damn, my amp…it’s lost power.

Demandred: I’ll plug it back in, Great Lord. How about now?

Dark Lord: SO tell ME Demandred….NOW it’s SWITCHING back AND forth. THAT’S no GOOD…

Demandred: How about now?

Dark Lord: Was ist los? Ich kann nicht normal sprechen. Ich spreche wie ein verrueckter Mensch.

Dark Lord: ImspeakingtoofasthelpstopmefromspeakingsofastIcantstopthisIcan’tbreathe…

Dark Lord: 01111001100001100000111111010100110010010.

Demandred: HOW ABOUT NOW. HEY, NOW I’VE GOT THE BIG VOICE.

Dark Lord: Stop that.

Demandred: SORRY, GREAT LORD, BUT I DON’T KNOW HOW TO TURN OFF MY OWN BIG VOICE. HEY. THIS IS KIND OF COOL. I AM THE GREAT LORD. OBEY ME OR DIE. LET THE LORD OF CHAOS RULE.

Dark Lord: Do not do impressions of me, Demandred. I am the Great Lord. Those who do impressions of me will die.

Demandred: EXCEPT FOR ISHAMAEL. BECAUSE HE IS MY FAVORITE FANCY PANTS BOY.

Dark Lord: I’ve never called Ishamael my favorite fancy pants boy.

Demandred: YOU IMPLIED IT. THIS I COMMAND.

Dark Lord: You cannot command me. I command you.

Demandred: BUT YOU DON’T HAVE THE BIG VOICE.

Dark Lord: I should have the big voice.

Demandred: BUT YOU DON’T. SHAIDAR HARAN, GET ME SOME LEMONADE.

Shaidar Haran: Yes, Great Lord.

Dark Lord: No! Shaidar Haran, he’s impersonating me! Don’t get him lemonade.

Shadar Haran: But He’s got the big voice, Great Lord. How can I refuse?

Moghedien: Hey, what’s going on?

Demandred: Check out my impression, Moghedien. Ahem. MOGHEDIEN. YOU DISAPPOINT ME. BUT I WILL GIVE YOU ANOTHER CHANCE TO SERVE THE SHADOW. YOU MUST CRAWL THROUGH MY MAGICALLY LOWERING TUNNEL WITH THE ROCKS GRAZNG YOUR HEAD. THEN YOU MUST LEAP THROUGH FLAMING HOOPS, THEN JUGGLE EIGHT PORCUPINES TO SHOW YOUR LOYALTY TO ME. FROM THIS DAY FORTH, YOU SHALL BE REBORN AS ‘CUCAMONGA.’ THIS I COMMAND.

Moghedien: Hey, that’s pretty good! Let me try. I AM THE GREAT LORD. I LIVE IN A BIG FIERY LAVA TOILET. OBEY ME OR PREPARE TO BE FLUSHED DOWN AMONG THE FLAMES.

Great Lord: Okay, I don’t really sound like that. Shaidar Haran, back me up.

Shaidar Haran: Actually, you do kind of sound like that. And it does look a little like a big toilet. Here’s your lemonade, Demandred.

Demandred: THANK YOU, SHAIDAR HARAN. YOU PLEASE ME ALMOST AS MUCH AS MY FANCY PANTS BOY, ISHAMAEL.

Dark Lord: Now I’m getting mad.

Demandred: I AM THE GREAT LORD. I CAN DISH IT OUT, BUT I CAN’T TAKE IT.

Moghedien: Good one.

Demandred: I LIKE TO MAKE BUBBLES OF EVIL. BEWARE THE EVIL PLAYING CARD FIGURES THAT I MAKE COME TO LIFE. THE THREE INCH TALL AMYRLIN SEAT’S GONNA GET YOU. SCARY.

Moghedien & Shaidar Haran: [snickering]

Great Lord: SHUT UP! SHUT UP! I WILL NOT TOLERATE….OH, IT’S FIXED. AHEM. HEAR AND OBEY, WHO WILL LIVE AND WHO WILL DIE. OBEY THE BIG VOICE.

From A Crown of Swords:

Dark Lord: SO, MOGHEDIEN. DO YOU HAVE ANY MORE FUNNY IMPRESSIONS OF ME.

Moghedien: Ah, heh, heh, Great Lord. That was actually Demandred’s idea. I don’t really like doing impressions.

Dark Lord: OH, NO, MOGHEDIEN. I THINK YOU LOVE DOING IMPRESSIONS. NOW YOU CAN DO AN IMPRESSION OF A BEETLE AS YOU CRAWL BEFORE ME. THEN YOU CAN DO AN IMPRESSION OF A PUPPET AS MORIDIN CONTROLS YOU WITH A MINDTRAP.

Moghedien: That seems like a hard life.

Dark Lord: WELL, AT LEAST YOU’RE NOT FLOATING IN THE GIANT FIERY TOILET.

Archived