DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Slayer

Viperswhip

I kind of only came up with this theory a short time ago. I think the only reason he can enter Tel'aran'rhiod at will is because either Isam or Luc is always asleep. They certainly are not ever "awake" at the same time, as in, they never talk to each other, they just remember the other's thoughts and communicate to some degree in that fashion.

Anyway, since I rarely come up with something original, that's probably been posited by someone else before, but please discuss.

I kind of only came up with this theory a short time ago. I think the only reason he can enter Tel'aran'rhiod at will is because either Isam or Luc is always asleep. They certainly are not ever "awake" at the same time, as in, they never talk to each other, they just remember the other's thoughts and communicate to some degree in that fashion.

Anyway, since I rarely come up with something original, that's probably been posited by someone else before, but please discuss.

Luc and Isam have merged. He chooses who he will be when he steps out of Tar...

Interview: Oct 4th, 2005

Robert Jordan's Blog: ONE MORE TIME

Robert Jordan

For Niall Reborn, I don't think that lurking will make me lose detachment or distance. But then, I don't really do it very often.

Oh, yes. Slayer just chooses who he will be when he steps into or out of Tel'aran'rhiod. The stepping in and out is part of the mechanism for his change. He couldn't do it in the middle of a street, say, not without the stepping in or out. Which might be a little noticeable, since he would vanish from sight for a perceptible time.

"This Slayer is not old, Archer, but his evil is ancient". Ancient is usually used to describe something older than the AoL and the DO. I think that, like Fain, he is influenced by something other than the Dark One. Possibly he's dealt with the Finns, since he seems to go in and out of the ToG from TAR

This doesn't account for the fact that Luc essentially remanifests into the real world wherever Isam was in the dream. Where does Luc's body go? Somehow their souls and bodies have been fused. Otherwise, whenever Isam steps out of the dream, Luc would wake up wherever he had fallen asleep. Maybe there is a relationship similar to Rand/Moridin or Rand/LTT. When Luc is in the real world, Isam is in the back of his head. When Isam is in the Dream, Luc is in the back of his head.

Luc/Isam has a lot to do with the Finns. If Isam has a body anywhere, it'd be there. It's odd that they are associated with the Finns, though. Both went into the blight, Isam when Lan was born and Luc before Rand was born. They are obviously working with the Shadow. How'd they end up in Finnland? Is there a doorframe ter'angreal in the blight? This is one mystery I'd love to see solved before the end.

"This Slayer is not old, Archer, but his evil is ancient". Ancient is usually used to describe something older than the AoL and the DO. I think that, like Fain, he is influenced by something other than the Dark One. Possibly he's dealt with the Finns, since he seems to go in and out of the ToG from TAR

No, Slayer was "created" by the DO and nothing is more ancient than the DO. Equally as ancient like the Pattern itself but not more ancient. Except of course for the Creator himself/herself/itself.

Also, Slayer does not visit the ToG in TAR. Birgitte's theory of him trying to lead Perrin into the ToG to trap him is much more plausible.

Especially considering we get confirmation in the aMoL prologue, that it was indeed Moridin that came to get Lanfear, not Slayer

I should have said more ancient than their knowledge of the Dark One. Nobody in that age knew of him until the bore. It seems that in some ages they know of him, and in some they don't. It is assumed (by me at least) that in some ages there was other evils, such as the evils Mordeth tracked down. In their current age, they would think of those evils as more ancient than the Dark Ones evil.

The wolves say he enters TAR fully. I don't believe he leaves a sleeping body anywhere. I guess he just decides which body to wear.

When they said "his evil is ancient", I was thinking that whatever he is might be something that dates from back in the Age when men commonly ran with wolves, the same time period when people with Perrin's ability were common, long before the Age of Legends. That's just a guess, but it does seem like Slayer is somehow linked to the wolves.

Archived