DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

what is your favourite and most hated xmas song?

North Star

yes..its early :D but i have my cd on and corki is cringing :D

and i have to say my favourite song by far is band aid "do they know its christmas". and thats the ORIGINAL. not the new version with people who can;t sing.

my worst...bing crosby "white christmas". it makes me cringe....

Ooo!

"Huron Carol" is my favourite by a long shot. Sometimes I listen to it even if it's not christmas. Also I got to sing it in a madrigal group I was in during university. ^_^

I also have a soft spot for the aussie classic

"Six White Boomers".

I agree with Horn.

"Grandma got run over by a reindeer" is extremely annoying.

*nods*

I loved "grandma got run over by a reindeer" when I was a kid, but having heard it again way later I could not stand it. It is annoying!!!!

I do adore Carol of the Bells, Sleigh ride (I love singing it) Angels we have heard on high, Mary did you know, and geeze...more than I can count!!!

But the one I love the most is Carol of the Bells, it takes talent to pull that one off properly, and it is just beautiful!

He probably did...but due to the problem that the whole of DM has experienced (as outlined in my 'Hunting for Dead Threads' post), it has disappeared for good. This thread is lucky enough to still be active, as some didn't work anymore.

I have several favorites!

** I'm getting sued by santa claus - Bill Engvell

** Santa Baby - Madonna

** Mistletoe & Wine - Sir Cliff Richard

** O Holy Night - Celine Dion version

** Santa Claus wants some Loving - Lynard Skynyard

Least favorite

** Little Boy that Santa Claus Forgot - Nat King Cole

• 2 weeks later...

I have always loved Greensleeves and Sleigh Ride. And Mele Kalikimaka by Bing Crosby. Very original and I think it's cute. Then again, I've always been a Bing Crosby fan, though some of his songs really DO get irritating. Yes, I agree, White Christmas by Crosby could make a Saint swear. Hard Candy Christmas by Dolly Parton is a good song too. And who can forget Winter Wonderland? There are way too many to pick just a few... :D

I don't really hate any particular songs besides White Christmas (Bing Crosby), but I really hate it when people change the songs just for the sake of being different. It is so annoying, and the new artists who try it CAN'T SING :!:

Archived