DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

100 Questions

U4ea

39- A Memory of Light--- it's beautiful! However, if you're talking only published ones, The Eye of the World has always been my favorite.

40- If you could play one character from the series in a movie version, which one would it be?

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know you numbered both a question and an answer, right? :)

Kind of complicated. I related to Perrin the most and it would be second nature to "get into character," but it would be a lot easier of a job to play one of Rand's Asha'man.

40 - In your first few reads, did you ever have any weird pronunciations? (for example, I read "Aiel" as "eye-ell" instead of "A-eye-eel" and "Aes Sedai" as "A's Sedai" instead of "Eyes Sedai")

I was half asleep, cut me some slack! *pokes*

I hold to my terrible pronunciations. Nynaeve will always be Ninny in my head, even if I know he pronounced that with a long I. I cheated with Aes Sedai, since I actually played the game first and heard how it was pronounced properly the first time. Anders, however, never pronounced it right, which I thought was hilarious. "Eye Sadie" is how he pronounced it. Yes, I laughed at him... often...

41- Who do you think would win... Damodred or Talmanes? (Yes, I'm in love with Talmanes, leave me alone!)

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I trust and like Thom, I would say Mat. He is Ta'veren. Thom is clever. I think I would take Mat's luck over Thom's in battle. Who will end up married, Siuan and Gareth or Thom and Moiraine? Both?

I think both. Siuan bonded Gareth and Moriane Thom but more chance would be for siuan and Gareth because Gareth seems like a man who would marry.

I think this would be 44

A non-WoT one. what is your favourite colour and why?

Blue, all shades. Blue is comforting, peaceful and even cheery, depending on the shade. I'm not going to post a new question but let others answer.

I agree. I think both will marry.

Redwall, and not even because of the orange overtones in the cover art. In 1st grade, I, so I am told, hated reading. In 2nd grade, my interest in reading picked up a little bit by the My Father's Dragon children books. It was about cool dragons, had a great plot, and taught me the word "knapsack." This little kid ate that 1940s fantasy genre all up!

BUT... it was still a children's book (nothing wrong with that... just provoked my imagination a lot more than my love of reading). When I picked up Redwall (introduced by the same friend who introduced Harry Potter when it was brand new and WoT), everything changed. I purchased the prequel Martin the Warrior in 4th grade in direct retaliation against my teacher who banned me from checking out a Redwall book in the library unless I had not read it yet, and I lost count at around my 40th read, and it is the one copy of any book that I absolutely refuse to replace, no matter how tattered and taped it gets. This story pretty much describes me from 2nd-8th grade, until I found WoT.

The one thing I didn't like about Redwall: in 4th grade, other kids started to read it too. For my first couple years, my friend and I stood out as the only two who read "chapter books," and it bugged me when others infringed on our activity, and even on our series!

46 - if a weeping angel caught you, which decade (1900s-1960s) sounds the like the most appealing destination, and why?

1900-- I'm a Victorian lady caught in the wrong century! There's so much progress around the turn of the century to appreciate!

47- If you could shake any of the US President's hand, which one would it be and why?

Ron Paul, because it would mean that he would be president! But seriously, probably George Washington because he was the only president without political ambition... I'm sure he had some corruption (what human with power doesn't at least have a little bit?), but he is the only president (except maybe Ford since he was never elected into office) who didn't really want the job to begin with.

All that said, I'd be thrilled to shake any president's hand. I dislike Obama, but I would still be honored to shake the hand of the President of the United States. (I have, however, shaken the hand of his brother in-law, the basketball coach at OSU!)

48 - What is your favorite board game?

The way people drive these days? BIG! I need a lot of metal between me (or more accurately, my babies!) and the idiot on the cell phone! I drive a gas guzzling Toyota Sequoia. Is it the most economical? no. Does it have a big carbon footprint. Probably. Does it carry my entire family around when they come to visit? YES! Which, I want to add, takes two other vehicles off the road when we go out together. I believe that reduces my carbon footprint!Not to mention that I don't strain my back picking a baby out of the car seat in a smaller vehicle.

51- What do you think is the meaning of life?

So, you think there's no answer to that question or that the answer is religious? I'm curious...

I don't know Star Trek episodes by name, but The Next Generation was always my favorite. I just couldn't get into the others. My favorite TNG episode is the one that starts with them all playing pirate on an old 3 masted ship. :)

As for Star Wars episodes, I loved Return of the Jedi, myself. Just the hopeless romantic in me... the Leia and Han line was always my favorite thing.

53- What's your favorite band of all time?

dc Talk-- they fused several genres to truly make their own, and I will mourn their breakup for the rest of my life. At least it was amicable with possibilities of reunion tours down the road.

To answer your other question-- I view the meaning of life as either God or nothing. I think we can create personal meaning to our lives, but that the general meaning of life is nonexistent outside of a greater purpose. On that note, though, I won't argue with those who disagree with me... I'll just agree to disagree.

54 - Rank the following (omitting anything not read): WoT, Sanderson books (you can pick and choose from them if you want), Tolkien, CS Lewis, Ender, Harry Potter.

That's an interesting take on it, little brother. I don't disagree, per se, though I think He's not the meaning, but the facilitator to the meaning. Which is confusing unless you're in my head, I guess... everything makes sense in my head. ;)

As for the books, that's rough...

1- WoT,

2- Sanderson books (my favorites are actually Legion and The Alloy of Law!)

3- Harry Potter

4- CS Lewis

5- Tolkien (only down this low because of general readability... the language gives me a headache!)

55- What was your favorite fairy tale growing up?

Robin Hood, but mainly because I loved the Disney animated movie! Of the more traditional fairy tales, I also liked the Red Riding Hood version where the hunter split the wolf open to rescue Red and Grandmother.

I also agree with your book ranking, although with the caveat that if Sanderson were to have made a long series from Mistborn, it would probably be #1 instead of #2.

56 - What minor hopes do you have for aMoL? (character development, learning more about the neighbors to Randland, etc... not something big like the DO is put away)

The Alloy of Law is a continuation of Mistborn... just a Steampunky awesome version with a leading man I want to steal. ;)

I am really looking forward to how everything clicks together. There's gotta come a point where it all cements together and the light bulbs go off. That point where you're stuck doing nothing but holding on for dear life and praying it all works out and no one you love dies in the process. LOL Otherwise, I want the happily ever afters (Nyn and Lan, Thom and Moiraine... the whole gambit.) and I am hoping the whole "blood of the dragon" thing is hypothetical. After everything he's been through... *sighs*

57- Who is your favorite X-man?

I like Magnito at the point that he and Professor X are still publicly friends with the same agenda. After they switch from BFFs to frenemies (yes, I did just use those words), I'm not sure... though to be honest, I don't know much about the franchise except for the main characters in the movies.

58 - What are you looking forward to most: Star Wars VII-IX, or Hobbit 1-3, or (so I've heard rumored), the possibilities of adding better installments of Jurassic Park and Indiana Jones?

The Alloy of Law is a continuation of Mistborn... just a Steampunky awesome version with a leading man I want to steal. ;)

I am really looking forward to how everything clicks together. There's gotta come a point where it all cements together and the light bulbs go off. That point where you're stuck doing nothing but holding on for dear life and praying it all works out and no one you love dies in the process. LOL Otherwise, I want the happily ever afters (Nyn and Lan, Thom and Moiraine... the whole gambit.) and I am hoping the whole "blood of the dragon" thing is hypothetical. After everything he's been through... *sighs*

57- Who is your favorite X-man?

I totally agree about The Memory of Light and actually hope the DO doesn't win and the light just becomes a memory.

The good guys have to win. It just ain't right if they don't. It doesn't have to be easy and I fully expect sacrifices that I won't like. But the good has to win!

I was into the comics and the TV show when I was growing up, so Rogue and Gambit are my favorites. Not the teeny-bopper Rogue, though. That annoys me.

I am actually not horribly excited about any of them, Frenchie. I am, however, intrigued and want to see "Rise of the Guardians" which is the animated one from Dreamworks about Santa, the tooth fairy, the sand man, the Easter bunny and Jack Frost. I like it when they mess with accepted stories, though...

59- Are you a morning person? What does it take to get you going in the morning?

Depends on the circumstances. Generally, heck no. I am a night owl and, usually only torture, squealing babies, or hyper kittens are all that can get me up before I am good and ready. Unless I have an Army formation in the morning, then I am so paranoid that I don't get a good night's sleep and am ready to get the show on the road. Unless it is every morning, then I am up with urgency, but hating life.

60 - Are you addicted to any sites besides DM or Social Media?

Archived