DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who are those women?

Thor

So no Faile? So is the Faile supposed to be Egeanin?

And is the Ashaman supposed to be Lan?

I think that is what they are saying, but RJ himself has said that WOT FAQ's aren't always right.

The Faile/Egeanin I could see going either way. Physically this picture fits the description of Faile more closely as she is described as having dark features and slanted eyes. However, Faile is also suposed to have a bold nose and I don't see that in this picture. Egeanin is actually described as being very pale, but becuase the Seanchan culture seems somewhat oriental I can see why an artist might draw Egeanin as Asian.

As for the man in black I am still of the opinion that it is an Asha'man possibly Mazrim Taim himself. The sword would be very out of character for Taim but that bold nose looks very Saldean.

Egeanin is actually described as being very pale, but becuase the Seanchan culture seems somewhat oriental I can see why an artist might draw Egeanin as Asian.

She didn't. As I stated earlier in this thread, the original artist meant it to be Faile ;) The nose may not be bold enough, but it is slightly hooked. Perhaps she thought a huge nose wouldn't fit with her style of art? Who knows.

The pale woman is definitly Egwene. Note the striped stole on her left shoulder.

Ah yes! I hadn't notice the stole on reading this... then the picture popped up straight after and I saw it! She still has a very mature look about her though- in fact she looks older than the picture of Nynaeve. Considering what's on her shoulders (figuratively as well as literally) he mature look would make some sense though.

Archived