DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sword Play

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

because RJ said so? We are told that you can't escape a circle you are in, but the leader of it can't do harm to you through overdrawing, and Cadsuane tells us that Rand can't use Callandor safely unless while in a circle and someone else controlling the flows. I'm not sure how that adds up to you, I'm just saying what it looks like to me. If it turns out I'm wrong, I'm cool with that.

So, what you're saying is the person leading the link can still overdraw but he himself will be buffered? I thought it just fixed the flaw so that no one could overdraw. I may have misunderstood.

The person leading a link contributes part of the overall pool of saidin or saidar, and it is only that piece which I believe is subject to that possibility. That's my two cents. I'm not sure if it is verified elsewhere, though.

because RJ said so? We are told that you can't escape a circle you are in, but the leader of it can't do harm to you through overdrawing, and Cadsuane tells us that Rand can't use Callandor safely unless while in a circle and someone else controlling the flows. I'm not sure how that adds up to you, I'm just saying what it looks like to me. If it turns out I'm wrong, I'm cool with that.

No, even in a circle you cannot overdraw yourself. Cads said that becuase of the Taint, with the taint gone, it's all null and void. The other issue is it doesn't have the natural buffer, but that's what the circle does. It makes a buffer.

(Although let's be honest, the very idea that the 3rd most power Sa'Angreal ever being made in "Haste" is laughable)

There is a decent explanation of circles in LOC iirc. During or after the bubble of evil in Salidar. I can't remember if it was an Elayne or Nyn POV. I do know Nyn was trying to remove her block by not sleeping when the bubble started.

I believe that was Nyn's perspective.

Archived