DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Minecraft Megabuild - Tar Valon

chazy123

Hey guys,

First and foremost I apologise for neglecting this forum, as I have been away from the project of creating Tar Valon.

In my absence I have seen a few other projects of similar nature come about, but I am back and with a mission to finish what I started...

Tar Valon in direct 1:6 scale in minecraft. :wacko:

I am following the maps, drawings and my own imagination.

Well this was 8 months ago, as it stands I am millions of blocks through production, and I literally just released a new video of the North Harbor and Docks.

This my friends is a project that is nearly unrivaled in size, and I so far have spent hundreds of hours to get this far and I am sure many many more to go.

So please check out my new video:

If you like, please subscribe or anything and I will be majorly grateful... I have received so much support from the WoT community, and I really appreciate it!

Oh and one last thing, when I am finished, I will make every effort to make Tar Valon a WoT community server. Yes thats right, just for you guys, in the closest life like recreation of Tar Valon that we can get!

Peace

Xaph

I've always wanted to run a mafia game in minecraft

Even in the early days before the Nether was released

Perhaps I'll build a little village in creative mode and figure out how to host a server sometime

I think there are mods that turn voting and such into actual commands so it'd be easier to moderate but I haven't looked into it too heavily

The WoT server would be free for all (people allowed to play as they want from the books) rather than a particular theme. But obviously if the world is built, then obviously you can do what you wish within that world (within reason ;)) so if you wanted to make a mafia themed area then who am I to say no!

But I've got much more building to go yet, I will be tackling more of the city and pumping more videos for you guys!

So stay tuned

Peace

Xaph

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, I am back from illness, and currently building the main city. I have decided to open up applications for a select few helpers to help me with this part of the city since it is so vast.

The position info:

You will be given a section/area to build in

I will give guidelines on style and techniques

I will give a quota of buildings that I feel would be necessary in that part of the city

And

general desire to have fun, but be serious in this vast project that will when completed, be one of the biggest, most detailed and amazing projects in the minecraft world.

If you are interested, please respond with the following criteria :

1. How long have you played minecraft/any experience?

2. What you can bring to the team? (cookies is acceptable)

3. How often can you play (or want to) per week? (This is just an idea, again not a strict question, of course people work + have families)

4. How good is your computer? (I ask this just because if you have a really slow computer, I will need to consider it!)

5. What you want out of this project (optional) - May seem strange question, but I ask this to get an idea what you would like to focus on, do you like building big structures? do you like the team experience? A new hobby? A worthwhile minecraft project? Or just

the fact it is WoT?

I will be accepting a small number of people due to the server capacity at this time, and my desire to keep the team small for this moment in time, so that the project can develop properly in the way it should!

Thankyou guys for your interest, I look forward to the responses!

• 1 month later...
Guest Weirmarc

This is awesome man. I just saw the videos on YouTube the other day. If you are still looking for help I would love to join. I have a brand new computer so no issues there, my internet speed might cause a little lag but that occurs more with the industrial craft mods. I've played on the xbox since it came out and I've had it on computer for about four months. I love the books series a lot and think it would be amazing to see Tar Valon and the rest of the Wheel of Time world brought to life in Minecraft. I can play generally a few days a week and would be good with any section of the city. If you have the the game for xbox I can show you my work on there.

Archived