DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Grave is no bar to my call

Orderofolde

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been looking a bit on one of the links in Terez's sig, and the clostest I can find is a Nynaeve PoV saying

Birgitte was always tied to Gaidal, had been tied in story after story, in Age after Age, of adventure and a romance that even the Wheel of Time did not break. She was always born after Gaidal; a year, or five, or ten, but after.

in tFoH 14. I don't think it explains the disparity between 'man who was older that she, and others to an ugly man who was much younger' though, that seems to indicate that the rebirth cycle will be disrupted by the pulling out. it seems that the viewing is of specific ages, x years older and y younger and nothing in between. Though it might just be this lifetime when she is older and the next one when she is younger.

Min has never seen images around Rand that indicate rebirths though, so at the very least it shows that the Pattern is treating Birgitte differently than the only other cyclic rebirth that we know of.

I'm uncertain about Birgitte's actual condition at the moment. I get the impression that her 'life' is not real, but is somehow borrowed from Elayne through the Warder bond. If so, it might be that she is still partly in T'A'R in some way, and that is why Min views so many of her future lives while not seeing Rand's - or, indeed, anyone else's (because it seems that everyone gets reborn T'A'R dweller or otherwise).

I like this, it might explain the both "young and old" part, and why she was dying despite Nyneave's healing until Elayne bonded her sharing a part of her with Birgitte.

(In regards to Birgitte dying and being spun out with the HOH when Mat sounds it again) Well there was some foreshadowing even if it was as blunt and heavy-handed as a cudgel. Birgitte always refuses to carry a sword because she always dies when she tries to use a sword instead of her bow. Last I recall seeing her, she had a sword on her hip. So if that is leading up to her being killed in the Caemlyn battle just to be spun out by the Horn...well, like I said, a little obvious, but when Mat sees her again it might be a good scene.

Vards I read the first one, interesting.

Did you just put in the second one because Lagamorph said he/she didn't think any of the majors are Heroes? I didn't read much more of that one.

Umm I couldn't recall which one was it, so I posted both.

Well both did touch on stuff I've said here so they were both relevant. Thanks

Do you have any thoughts on my transition phase idea? (ie. that when spun out, it takes time for them to latch onto a foetus. I came up with it thinking of the possibility that Gaidal could still be in the womb.)

Well both did touch on stuff I've said here so they were both relevant. Thanks

Do you have any thoughts on my transition phase idea? (ie. that when spun out, it takes time for them to latch onto a foetus. I came up with it thinking of the possibility that Gaidal could still be in the womb.)

I've heard that beofre, and honestly I have to say the whole concept of that working confounds me.

I mean from a scienctific standpoint, you'd have to prove where the soul starts, when it's born, or before. If before, what happens during a miscarriage? Lucks up, back in line? If your soul contains your personality, same question with babies dying, bad luck, back in line?

I guess the soul would technically have to latch on upon that first stirring of life right? So I guess he could be...

The horn is such a dark horse that an answer to almost any question may be debated to death. We have no idea when, where, and by whom it was created. The fact that it has an ability to bring dead people into phisical form (something that only DO can do as far as we know) is a complete mind#%&@).

Posting on phone and it sucks...

Anyways, horn might be the key to closing the bore for all we know. As far as the scene in question, i thought that if darkfriend have blown the horn the baner would be something like a black hand or something.

The "rift" migt be a right answer. We know that if rand would have been turned it doesnt guarantee do is loose/end of the world. If so, whats the point of sendig borderlanders as an insurabce? To b honest i dont think do can win in the way everyone thinks but instead its all about human choices and self determinatikn.

Archived