DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Roedran's death and Demandred

good theory. Always good to see a new spin on the were's dem debate. I think its wrong though. The accent ( which I have always thought of as Irish ) is just too big a negative to explain away as being "noble".

I had always just thought of that scene as another noble DF being punished by ishy for failing.

I have more than a few pet peeves commonly seen in posts here, but that one probably makes me rage the most. Thx for the change :)

Forgot to mention that I did like, though not so much as Matandred (he was gone for a whole book, anything could have happened lol).

Was that a legitimate theory? If so, we need a Perrindred and Elaynedred theory too, since both of them were absent from books as well. Also, if someone seriously suggested a Matandred theory, I hope it was only during the time between A Crown of Swords and Winter's Heart, because once he's back in the picture with many POVs, it's kind of hard to take seriously. Well, I would have never taken it seriously anyway, but still.

mb, I think they were referring to Demandred's PoV in the Andoran throne room, in tel'aran'rhiod. While Demandred never appeared in his alter ago, he did have several appearances as himself.
I have known that Demandred appeared as himself.

The context of the theory seems to refer to the guy that appears during Dragon Reborn. (Not Lord of Chaos)

What would you have him say, if that was the case? Yes, that we have seen him, even though it wasn't Demandred and even though we had no idea who it was? Or, that 'it's complicated'? I figure 'no' is a reasonable enough response. When you're forced into the situation, it's not splitting hairs anymore (or rather, it is, but you don't have to be a smarty-pants to do it).

I think that RJ didn't want people looking in the same places, just like he denied Taim-Demandred instead of RAFO that. It was the best way to turn our attention towards Roedran and other possibilities.

But the point is moot, until either Brandon clarifies at some point, or we find out in aMoL, no way to say either way other than "probably" or "possibly".

So lets just say unlikely, but hey, who knows?

Ohh, and if Demandred does turn out to be Roedran, and we don't get an answer concerning skinned-guy-in-yellow, can I just go ahead and say this is what happened, its the most interesting. :laugh:

Once AMoL is out, my basic approach to interviews changes. Whatever is hinted in the books is there, but anything else the author had in his mind is just that, and no better than any other interpretation. So I say go right ahead.

Archived