DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ben explains everthing.... ish

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And, you did not come across as arrogant at all. So my post was definitely not directed at you.

I guess you're talking about me then? My response was entirely appropriate, considering. He presented himself as an 'elite', as you say, offered to explain things to us, answer our questions, and told us to 'enjoy' his thought processes, which reminded me of a debate some months back on Piano Society about whether or not it's odious to tell people to 'enjoy' your recordings when you post them (most people seemed to agree that it was, in fact, rather odious). So, either he's making a joke, in which case my response was appropriate, or he was being serious, in which case my response was also appropriate. Or he was trolling, in which case you are aiding and abetting.

Meh, it is often the case with forums that tone is not conveyed in a post, and people misinterpret things. I don't think anyone here is trying to be rude.

The OP seems casual and does not take a serious tone, so people have replied accordingly.

For a direct reply to these theories.

1. I don't think that is his question. Rand built the schools on his own initiative, because he wants to save something. He thinks nothing about the Finns or any answer in regards to this. Now perhaps he has asked something along the lines of how to prevent another breaking, but the schools are not the answer he got, in any case.

2. Suttree has answered this already. Dragon is one with Land, Land with Dragon. The precise nature of this is unclear, however, it is not related to the One Power. At least, not an actual weave.

Perhaps something that may be useful, as a new member [i must assume that you are also new to the online community as a whole (sorry if I am mistaken) ] have a read through the interview database located: http://www.theoryland.com/wheel-of-time-interview-search.php

It reveals many things that have not been explained in the text, but will be used as proof on the forums.

And, you did not come across as arrogant at all. So my post was definitely not directed at you.

I guess you're talking about me then? My response was entirely appropriate, considering. He presented himself as an 'elite', as you say, offered to explain things to us, answer our questions, and told us to 'enjoy' his thought processes, which reminded me of a debate some months back on Piano Society about whether or not it's odious to tell people to 'enjoy' your recordings when you post them (most people seemed to agree that it was, in fact, rather odious). So, either he's making a joke, in which case my response was appropriate, or he was being serious, in which case my response was also appropriate. Or he was trolling, in which case you are aiding and abetting.

He was just a harmless guy stating his opinions. He did not present himself as an elite. 2 post guy just being that. Maybe not up to speed but, certainly not bash worthy.

Some obscure topic on piano society? Who goes there? You have too much time on your hands. You are over thinking the issue. Most people were just jerks in their replies.

Aiding and abetting? Standing up for the common man is not aiding and abetting. It is just common decency.

He was just a harmless guy stating his opinions.

In an odious way.

He did not present himself as an elite.

Actually, he did, rather clearly.

Some obscure topic on piano society?

It's called a comparison. Perhaps you've heard of them?

Who goes there?

I do, obviously. What does that have to do with anything?

You have too much time on your hands.

The last defense of a person with no argument—try to paint yourself as having more important things to do.

You are over thinking the issue.

No, that would be you, with all your talk of elitism.

Most people were just jerks in their replies.

But specifically 'the elites', right? Whoever they are.

Aiding and abetting? Standing up for the common man is not aiding and abetting. It is just common decency.

We were talking about trolls, not common men.

He was just a harmless guy stating his opinions. He did not present himself as an elite.

Tell that to the brain cells I lost while reading the topic and his first reply to it. Look at the topic title. How is that not presenting himself as elite? Then in the actual post he says we can ask him and he'll answer. He's implying that he's actually read the Wheel of Time and understood at least 10% of what was going on. I don't see how that's possible considering his grasp of grammar.

2 post guy just being that. Maybe not up to speed but, certainly not bash worthy.

It absolutely is bash worthy when a person's first post is that he's going to explain the series to us.

Some obscure topic on piano society? Who goes there? You have too much time on your hands. You are over thinking the issue. Most people were just jerks in their replies.

It's not obscure to her and I don't see how it relates to how much time she may or may not have on her hands.

This guy isn't the "common man."

I'd also like to add, if everyone was allowed to make topics like this the entire aMoL forum would be filled with drivel and no actual content.

Now now, this is going too far already.

Shawnchan, Ben was clearly showing off (I expect I'm saying it well), you don't need to defend him.

And Terez and Deadsy, don't be so rude on him, he just wanted to show the poor guy some kindness, that's all.

Sometimes if I see people being rude to another I try to defend him, not because I think he was right or that people is wrong, but just because there's no need to keep on pushing the poor guy around.

Wow. Okay. I saw the guy as being an innocent person who was not privy to the high minded pseudo intellectualism that pervades these boards. Forgive him.

You are acting as if he tracked sheep dung on your carpets.

Also. This is a public forum right?

Shawnchan, it's nothing about being intelligent or having knowledge in the WoT world.

But if I was a doctor in medicine (which I'm not) and some random guay appeared before me knowing who I was and started telling me how to do my job, barely understandable and beyond that downright wrong, as if he was the "i-have-all-anwser-messiah" it would probably piss me of a little.

He came to the official WoT forum telling us that he would answer all our questons about the novels and then we read a message that seems written by a 6 years old claiming nonsens. So fucking disturbing.

As I said, I think there was no need to push him around that much, but I won't defend him either for he earned it himself alone. The only thing I'm willing to do is to calm down the atmosphere. (if that's how it's said).

Shawnchan, it's nothing about being intelligent or having knowledge in the WoT world.

But if I was a doctor in medicine (which I'm not) and some random guay appeared before me knowing who I was and started telling me how to do my job, barely understandable and beyond that downright wrong, as if he was the "i-have-all-anwser-messiah" it would probably piss me of a little.

He came to the official WoT forum telling us that he would answer all our questons about the novels and then we read a message that seems written by a 6 years old claiming nonsens. So fucking disturbing.

As I said, I think there was no need to push him around that much, but I won't defend him either for he earned it himself alone. The only thing I'm willing to do is to calm down the atmosphere. (if that's how it's said).

He is new. Who cares? He had an epiphany about the series. We all do. He just stated it poorly. Apparently the long timers have no patience anymore.

Well, I'm no long timer at all. I've read the entire series about 5 or 6 times but my first time was only 4 years ago, which isn't long ago when there are people here that have been waiting for aMoL for 20 years or more.

And I started reading this forum only a month ago or so, though I visited frequently the site.

As Cadsuane sais, age doesn't bring patience and if someone sais so he's lieing.

Alright people, that's enough. From now on either speak on the topics Ben raised, or don't post in this thread at all.

Yes sir

try to proivde answers to anyquestions you may ask of me

Was the voice in Rand's head really Lews Therin's thoughts or was it a product of Rand's madness?

Alright people, that's enough. From now on either speak on the topics Ben raised, or don't post in this thread at all.

Yes sir

try to proivde answers to anyquestions you may ask of me

Was the voice in Rand's head really Lews Therin's thoughts or was it a product of Rand's madness?

see if ben agrees but ive always interpreted them as soulbound memories that he finally acknowledged are a part of him, being the dragon and all, i felt this became something you can pull from the end of the GS

Hi

Love the debate about my whether or not i am arrogent due to the title which was meant to grab attention and get a laugh with the ish because except Jordan no one has all the answers and he is sadly no longer with us. Here's something fun for you i am from England so does that make me foreign I mean the series is internation written in English and based paritally on alot of English literature and others. Next I have been reading for about 3 years and make no claim to being an elite who has diesected the series. I started this thread to share ideas and give my opinon. First I know how Rand is linked to the land with the tea getting better ect was just bring up the other bit because i believe it to be involed or at least usable for orther channelers to make more food. Voice in Rand's head is Lews Therin Serimage stated as much also said no one who had this problem before had ever survived because of the idenity crisis madness.

Here is something for you all to think about now i believe this won't happen but the one way to fix the darkone's prison properly is to use callandor to draw an unlimted amount of the one power which will kill the channelor and use to bale fire Lanfear out of the pattern completely so the bore is never made.

Hope this clears things up.

Serimage stated as much also said no one who had this problem before had ever survived

False. She sais that even Graendal had little success in reintegrating this people into society, which means that she succeded but in few cases. Also, not being able to reintegrate them doesn't imply them dieing.

bale fire Lanfear out of the pattern completely

I find it hardly possible to balefire someone 4 thousand years in the past. Besides, if someone who had been involved in the changes of the world so actively were to dissappear I think it might create another future completely, which would cause the Pattern to unravel imo.

And, btw Mierin was the one in charge of the project (if I'm not mistaken), but she wans't the only one at all. It was a group of investigators, and they would have done the same, wether she was there or not.

bale fire Lanfear out of the pattern completely

I find it hardly possible to balefire someone 4 thousand years in the past. Besides, if someone who had been involved in the changes of the world so actively were to dissappear I think it might create another future completely, which would cause the Pattern to unravel imo.

And, btw Mierin was the one in charge of the project (if I'm not mistaken), but she wans't the only one at all. It was a group of investigators, and they would have done the same, wether she was there or not.

It would be impossible to use balefire in that manner. In addition Narg is correct, Beidomon played just as large a role as Lanfear in creating the bore.

As for the voice, people still argue about a good many things in regards to this topic. What we do know unequivocally however is it was not actually LTT.

TGS

And Rand opened his eyes for the first time in a very long while. He knew—somehow—that he would never again hear Lews Therin's voice in his head. For they were not two men, and never had been.

Agreed. Also, Brandon spoke on the balefire issue. He seemed to find it pretty ridiculous that Asmodean might be brought back to life if Graendal was balefired....by the Choedan Kal. How much more so does that apply to Lanfear drilling the bore, with no Choedan Kal left to play with?

Agreed. Also, Brandon spoke on the balefire issue. He seemed to find it pretty ridiculous that Asmodean might be brought back to life if Graendal was balefired....by the Choedan Kal. How much more so does that apply to Lanfear drilling the bore, with no Choedan Kal left to play with?

Sorry to step out of the topic but could you link me the right theory about Asmodean's murderer? I haven't read it and I couldn't find it.

Sorry to step out of the topic but could you link me the right theory about Asmodean's murderer? I haven't read it and I couldn't find it.

Interview: Nov 16th, 2010

Paris Signing Report - Jonathan B (Paraphrased)

Jonathan B

I also asked about how Asmodean was killed now that we know Graendal was "responsible" for his death.

Brandon Sanderson

Brandon said that when he arrived at Harriet's and asked to see the ending and got the pile of Robert Jordan's notes including the ending, on top of that pile was a message from a fan in the form of a dialogue between a Sherlock Holmes character and a Watson character with a note from RJ saying "this is right". Emily asked if it was from Matt Hatch and Brandon didn't think it was. He said that he can probably give send me that message so we know exactly what RJ said "this is right" to.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4975913/1/Sherlock_Holmes_Examines_the_Death_of_Asmodean

Archived