DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Happy Mother's Day!

Ryrin

I got my mum some flowers and I think my dad and the other ragamuffins are taking her out for a movie later. I'm a little worried for her because she just lost her mom and I don't know how she's handling it.

So. Happy Mothers Day, Kinsters! Celebrate the woman who gave you life and beat you with business end of a strawbroom when you made hers impossible!

My day was incredible! My hubby was working and my daughter,who is old enough to start to understand what the day means, was at her father's until noon.

I told my three year old son last night that today was going to be my day. A special day just for him to say I love you mommy. And I thought being three he would forget for sure. And without his dad around to prod him I figured nothing would come of it.

However when I was up and downstairs he came into the room I was in with his guitar. He hit the demo button and 'old macdonald' started playing and he took up and sang along. When I clapped he said that was what he got me got my special day. He said he sang it just for me and he hopes I liked it. I nearly cried at how sweet it was. And he thought of it all by himself.

Then when we picked my daughter up she gave me a big hug and said happy mothers day. And I figured that was the end of it. I took the kids to my stepmother's house and as soon as they got there they raided her toy cupboard. Ten minutes later my daughter handed me a drawing she did for me for mothers day. Again no outside influence to do anything at all.

To top it off I took them to my mom's grave, something I never did before cause I didn't want them to act up, and they were perfect little critters!

They napped I. The way home so they weren't cranky and then we went to my mother in law's after and they have been playing with her since.

Best Mother's day yet, all cause I know it all really came from their hearts and their own desire to do it.

Thanks,Ryrin & Hiarthbeorn! *hugs*

I was out of town at my sister's wedding all weekend, so I spent mother's day in the car driving home in the pouring rain. My husband did let me loose in a small Barnes & Noble on Saturday, where I spent $80 in books that he paid for, though. And when we stopped for lunch, it was free for me. :) So, not a total bust!

I'm glad your day was great, Kathleen! It sounds like fun!

Archived