DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Jericho....returning?

Emperor

Netflix is obviously liking the publicity it is getting for resurrecting sitcom "Arrested Development" that it apparently has been looking into other cancelled shows of recent years to potentially revive on the streaming and disc service.

TV Guide Magazine confirms that Netflix has approached CBS about reviving cult fave "Jericho" and the network is considering it. Repeats of the series remain popular on Netflix's on-demand service even four years after the show's cancellation.

Launched in 2006, the original drama followed the residents of a small Kansas town in the wake of a nuclear attack. The show ran for two seasons.

The big challenge is making the project financially viable for both Netflix and CBS. Attempts were made to revive "Jericho" through Comcast (ala "Friday Night Lights") but those didn't pan out.

I loved Jericho! I wasn't quite as impressed with the second season. Some interesting subplots were just dropped with no explanation, and the whole thing had the appearance of being done with a reduced budget. The finale was pretty good, though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I loved Jericho! I wasn't quite as impressed with the second season. Some interesting subplots were just dropped with no explanation, and the whole thing had the appearance of being done with a reduced budget. The finale was pretty good, though.

Well they only got 7 episodes for the second season... If they suspected they weren't going to make it the whole season then they probably just decided to focus on the main story line.

BTW I would love to see Jericho come back. I actually just watched it on Netflix and liked it a lot.

Archived