DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What's the deal with Moiraine???

mewy79

See sig.

I know the theory. And I still don't think it's going to be it.

I dunno. What's Alivia's role, then?

lol. I haven't been involved in WoT for too long... Totally forgot about her.

Second?

I only know that someone can become unable to control his madness. Is there another?

The madness thing has to do with its lack of buffer. There is a 2nd one that we don't know about yet according to Min's visions.

Second?

I only know that someone can become unable to control his madness. Is there another?

The second one most likely relates to the "Light is held before the maw of infinite void, and all that he is can be seized."

The Warp and Woof of theSpinning Wheels End.

I always knew in my heart of hearts that Moiraine would return to us from that other world. To me she is the rock that makes up the base of the great bastion that is The Wheel of Time and it's canon. Jordan's Gandalf, tho much more grounded on the matierial plane than Gandy, despite the connexions of her sisterhood title Aes Sedai with the celtic mythologies (aes sidhe a race of elves or fairies)from a time that is a time ancient before the Age of Legends:our time and before it(and a connexion back to Tolkiens canon, to Morgoth or Melkor and his chaining, and Tolkien stated he would try to get free again(and again?)). I say this alot in these forums, but when I read Moiraine I get Kate Mulgrew's voice and image come into my my mind. Her utter sense of command within herself and how she gives that out on Star Trek Voyager equates so well with the Moiraine we read in the series(and it goes without saying that Judge Judy DESERVES to become Elaida, just for being who SHE is).

I do wish Moiraine had come back to us sooner, but I was proud of Matrim for doing what he did for her, and Thom. I'm rather hoping she puts Cadsuane in her place, as the latter is far to contempuous of men to have learnt any of her lessons from Rand's surprising (and welcome) behaviour toward her. I rather think the Nynaeve will end up Healing Moiraine just to teach her her own lessons that she wishes to impart to Moiraine, but I think she may surprise herself at how she sees and feels about Moiraine(she'll be holding her braid in her hands after she rips it out of her own skull lol) and perhaps it will be Moiraine's coming back and not Cadsuane that will finally teach The Dragon Reborn to laugh tho I wonder how happy will any of them be on first learning of her come-backance. I do wish Verin was there to see Moiraine come back too, another Aes Sedai whom I admire, despite what happened to her.

Moiraine was with us from the very start of the Wheel of Time. I cannot imagine her not playing a major part on how the skeins tell out the end of this wheels revolution. It remains to be seen what she will do and how she does it and why.

• 1 month later...

I posted something about this in the thread regarding Perrin singing with the Traveling People, but having now had this revelation, I think that it could be a potential storyline...

We read in book 1 that Morraine had already visited the Nym and he recognized her--part of the worry that they wouldn't find the Eye. If in the LB, the song needs to be performed by men, Ogiers, and the Nym in order for it to be productive (we see this in Rands Rhuidean vision of the song)... then Morraine's big number is being able to create a new race of Nym. She is a Blue (who in NS and from Suian blatherings are reported to have a secret trick to manipulating nature--Lan's attack of ants and the "entire light-cursed lake pouring down my boots") plus her time with the Nym give her a profound understanding of them that no one else can match. Even with her diminished powers after her time in the spire, she has stated that she can do pretty much anything with that bracelet--not to mention that when her presence becomes widely known, Egwene would undoubtedly give Morraine any TerAngreal she wants.

Here's a thought: The Oiger prophecies call for an end to their life once the book of something or another is opened... (I'm pulling from a reference I didn't understand before and haven't read it in a while, so bear with me...) maybe they don't stop existing, but those who read from the book are transformed by the Power into a new breed of Nyms... hence the TreeBrother references.

She will ask him if hes bonded to anyone, she learns of Alanna and deduces that the Forsaken (Graendal) are going to attack Alanna to get at him. So Moiraine sets up a plan of her own; she tells Rand about the Warder bond and possible ways to counter personality transferal if it happens again, then in secret she will go to Alanna. Being free of the Oaths she will lie, saying the Shadow are going to kill her, IT WILL HAPPEN. So pass me the bond to Rand NOW. Alanna passes the bond. Graendal attacks, expecting Alanna to be alone, but Moiraine quickdraws her angreal and balefres Graendal, having saved Alanna yet keeping the bond to Rand for herself; if Rand were to turn evil again, he would need an experienced Aes Sedai to deal with him, she thinks to herself. She would influence his personality through the Warder bond in his darkest moments.

At the end of ToM Moraine bonds Thom Merrilin as her Warder, out of love, I think she would be in Nynaeve's camp about bonding more than one/sharing a bond. I think Nynaeve/Flinn figure out how to Heal Moraine back to her full, Pre-Tower of Ghenej strength in the One Power...and then it will be her and (Ironically enough) Nynaeve who complete the circle of three Needed for Callandor. Didn't Cadsuane mention that to properly use Callandor, it required two Females and one Male to be linked. The cover of aMoL kind of makes me think this, with Rand, and two women who appear to be Nynaeve (Yellow Dress) and Moraine (Blue Dress, silver hair at temples.) behind Rand holding Callandor in what appears to be Shayol Ghul...

Maybe she doesn't even need to be Healed to participate...one of the women controls the channeling in a circle of less than 13....maybe just her decades of experience with the one power will be enough to properly bring the Ridiculous amounts of Saidin/Saidar that Rand, Nynaeve and Callandor will be holding to bear on sealing the dark ones prison.

Will she have access to all of 400+ year old Rand Sedai's knowledge and experience of Weaves and Channelling through the link....who knows...can't freaking wait to find out....

What about rand and Moridin do the body switch thing. Moiraine doesn't know they are linked and she sees Rand's body being taken over by the Dark One, so she kills him. This in fact kills Moridin since Rand's soul has switched to Moridin's body.

Theory snatcher!!! :D Although I dont think Moiraine will do it, I think Narishma Alivia and Nynaeve will do that using Callandor.

As for Moiraines role I think shes going to help him deal with the link to Moridin somehow, figure out how it works. And I think Min will die, and Rand will go crazy again, and the Shadow make plans to kill Alanna as well, but Moiraine takes Alannas bond to him in time, and influences his mental state through the bond to chill him out so he doesnt make all the food rot again. Or something.

Archived