DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Showdowns you'd like to see

Edynol

Cadsuane vs Sorilea.

That is all.

how is that a showdown, they talked to eachother less than a day ago book time. i suppose they might have differing ideas on breaking the seals, but i doubt it, so i dont see where their plans diverge (of course that just makes it awesome i suppose) but i still want to (hell not want to, i must) see cadsuane encounter moiraine, the unfinished buisness there to me might be the funniest thing in the whole series. cads made a pretty nasty promise about moiraine, moiraine thinks that cads might be black. we know that cads isnt, and is bound to the rod, she made a promise to essentialy whip moiraine like a wayward child. hilarity will ensue.

Sorilea is a Darkfriend, and she betrayed Cadsuane's trust when she passed along the weaves to unlock her wards.

terez you know allot more than me about the author quotes, so you must know that sanderson has said pretty much flat out that sorilea had nothing to do with breaking the ward on that box. there is no good evidence for it, and there is evidence against it including sanderson's quotes. not to be too mean but i bet if you hadn't had cadsuane pov's you might think she was a darkfriend as well. don't be a whitecloak

Sorilea is a Darkfriend, and she betrayed Cadsuane's trust when she passed along the weaves to unlock her wards.

terez you know allot more than me about the author quotes, so you must know that sanderson has said pretty much flat out that sorilea had nothing to do with breaking the ward on that box.

Actually, he's said no such thing, and I think he's been rather hard-pressed to dance around it.

there is no good evidence for it

Now that's just not true. There's a ton of evidence for it.

and there is evidence against it including sanderson's quotes. not to be too mean but i bet if you hadn't had cadsuane pov's you might think she was a darkfriend as well. don't be a whitecloak

Excuse me?

terez you know allot more than me about the author quotes, so you must know that sanderson has said pretty much flat out that sorilea had nothing to do with breaking the ward on that box.

Actually, he's said no such thing, and I think he's been rather hard-pressed to dance around it.

there is no good evidence for it

Now that's just not true. There's a ton of evidence for it.

and there is evidence against it including sanderson's quotes. not to be too mean but i bet if you hadn't had cadsuane pov's you might think she was a darkfriend as well. don't be a whitecloak

Excuse me?

wish i was good with pulling out quotes like luckers, or even you (love it when you guys do that) but i do remember seeing quotes along the lines that elza didnt learn how to undo the ward from sorrilia, and that semi did it. man i suck at this type of argument =P. if only luckers realy never slept. but anyway i find it vaguely possible that sorillia is a darkfriend, but i dont think the evidence is in the box semi opened. semi was even dissapointed that cads wasnt there when they got in her room. just because cadsuan thought her ward was clever doesn't mean it was beyond one of the forsaken. but there is no evidence that sorillia or any of the wise ones aren't darkfriends, and by the known existance of atleast one aiel darkfriend we can be sure that they are infiltrated, likely pretty heavily. but i have this issue of having a crush on a certain old lady and differ to her judgement. (damn greens, even the oldest are somehow sexy)

I think you may be talking about this.

INTERVIEW: Nov 15th, 2009

TGS Signing Report - Freelancer (Paraphrased)

QUESTION

Was the Compulsion which Elza told Semirhage about Verin's work from after Dumai's Wells, and was it Shaidar Haran who told her about it and to ask Semirhage to remove it?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Yes.

QUESTION

How did Elza defeat the wards on Cadsuane's plain wooden box?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Elza had been given knowledge of several rarely known weaves, and in other ways made into a tool of Shaidar Haran. Not all of it was pleasant for her.

Now I am not saying anything one way or another here, I am just point out the quote that seems to be in question.

It is paraphrased, and technically no direct answer was given.

Also take into account Terez's own quote here.

INTERVIEW: Apr 17th, 2011

Driving Mr. Sanderson - Terez (Verbatim)

TEREZ (HERID)

Does Shaidar Haran channel the True Power? Can he teach weaves?

BRANDON SANDERSON

I’m going to RAFO Shaidar Haran for now.

We still do not know if SH taught Elza the weave personally, or he got someone else to teach it to her (Sorelia, I suppose is the possibility)

I think you may be talking about this.

INTERVIEW: Nov 15th, 2009

TGS Signing Report - Freelancer (Paraphrased)

QUESTION

Was the Compulsion which Elza told Semirhage about Verin's work from after Dumai's Wells, and was it Shaidar Haran who told her about it and to ask Semirhage to remove it?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Yes.

QUESTION

How did Elza defeat the wards on Cadsuane's plain wooden box?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Elza had been given knowledge of several rarely known weaves, and in other ways made into a tool of Shaidar Haran. Not all of it was pleasant for her.

Now I am not saying anything one way or another here, I am just point out the quote that seems to be in question.

It is paraphrased, and technically no direct answer was given.

Also take into account Terez's own quote here.

INTERVIEW: Apr 17th, 2011

Driving Mr. Sanderson - Terez (Verbatim)

TEREZ (HERID)

Does Shaidar Haran channel the True Power? Can he teach weaves?

BRANDON SANDERSON

I’m going to RAFO Shaidar Haran for now.

We still do not know if SH taught Elza the weave personally, or he got someone else to teach it to her (Sorelia, I suppose is the possibility)

i think i've seen others, but thanks for that, sure as hell doesn't stop me from looking like a jack-ass but it is moving in the right direction i guess heh. but i'm happy to look like an idiot if i get to learn something at the same time.

i think i've seen others, but thanks for that, sure as hell doesn't stop me from looking like a jack-ass but it is moving in the right direction i guess heh. but i'm happy to look like an idiot if i get to learn something at the same time.

Also 'shaidar haran'. Brandon talked some about his limitations. Linda and I had a good rant about Sorilea being a Darkfriend at the Betrayers of Hope panel at JCon. Lots of people didn't want to believe it.

Also 'shaidar haran'. Brandon talked some about his limitations. Linda and I had a good rant about Sorilea being a Darkfriend at the Betrayers of Hope panel at JCon. Lots of people didn't want to believe it.

i try not to claim that she couldn't be, but i dont think the elza situation is evidence of it. but i also dont claim to be the writer =P so maybe it is, and maybe that is the dance. any aiel that we dont have a pov from could be a df though, as mat learned intimately. anyway all i an say is i am defeated heh. although i thought there were some better quotes to back me up, alas, naught. but i still dont give up that sorilia might not be a df =P, you can have that when she pulls her nails out of the dragon's neck =P

i try not to claim that she couldn't be, but i dont think the elza situation is evidence of it.

The Elza situation is very good evidence, partly because of how it was set up way back in TPOD. You might want to read my theory on it. (It's on my blog, linked in my sig.)

The Elza situation is very good evidence, partly because of how it was set up way back in TPOD. You might want to read my theory on it. (It's on my blog, linked in my sig.)

cool, i'll check it out when i dont have a gallon of booze sloshing around in my guts. (not realy a gallon, but whats the difference matter =P)

Good plan. There were a number of drunk people at JordanCon who tried to talk to me about WoT. It was...interesting, if not exactly enlightening conversation. The best ones just contented themselves with telling me how awesome I am. I have to wonder if they remember...

</derail>

Personally, I have literally had dreams in which Mat goes to the white tower, retrieves his horn, then, as he is leaving, the Seanchan invasion begins. Mat then fights his way (through the course of several epicly descriptive and adrenaline-pumping paragraphs written by Brandon) past all the enemy forces, though their gateway, and confronts Tuon (all whilst looking like the badass pirate ninja that he is).

Archived