DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Showdowns you'd like to see

Edynol

What confrontations would you most like to see? Not asking which ones are likely or unlikely, so please no "Oh that won't happen" type posts. This purely a 'dream match' type thread. lol. And if you can, give a reason why. :)

1. I would like to see Mat and Cadsuane go face to face. I think Mat is one person she wouldn't know what to do with. She can't channel against, he's the most stubborn when it comes to listening to AS, and she slaps him, we know he has no reservations of bending and AS over his knee and spanking her back. lol. Also, Mat has a way of charming almost everybody. I could see them having a huge fight, but at the end I think he could actually make Cadsuane burst out laughing at his sheer incorrigibleness.

2. Galad and Rand. I would like to see them talk before end. I wonder what Galad's reaction would be to find out he's the Dragon's half-brother. That would definitely make Berelain sop over him like a giddy Saldean farmgirl. lol.

3. Eggy and Tuon. I like Tuon a lot more than Eggy, but I would like to see Eggy put an a'dam on her and force her to channel. lol.

1)It's likely to happen, but i'd love to see rand handle Egwene a little more. Put her in her place and such(i dont hate egweene as much as many people dude, its more a feeling of despising most Aes Sedai from the 3rd age).

2) Id really like to see some indepth conversations between Zen Rand and Alanna, not only because shes disappeared, but also because id like to see how they interact now. Their relationship was never good, seeing as she mind raped him, and it will be interesting to see if she will release his bond before TG if she has the chance.

3) It would be amazing to see elayne, min and avideha bend Alanna over to 'meet her toh' towards them for what shes done to rand, if they get the chance.

4) Deffinatley would be cool to have a bit of a reunion. Rand, mat, perrin, Nyv, Egwene, Lan and Thom. Everythings changed, morirane went from being incharge, leading the rest around, Lan her warder. Now both egwene and Nyv are higher in the power, Egwene is Amyrlin. Lan is Nyv warder...potentially some guilt there from Lan. Thom's moirane's warder, animosity between him and Lan? Finally, Rand is the way he is now... amazing. Mat and Perrin have both come into their own, and as mat stated in ToM, Moiraine seems more human now, more relatable. It'd be sick to have them all planning for TG together, then riding to wherever theyre planing to travel from. However unfourtunatley Lan is preoccupied at the present, which is a bummer

Oh yeah. I'd like to see a reunion of the original fellowship(Yes I am going there. lol.). I definitely want to see Rand and Moiraine meet again, I was just leaving out the ones that most everyone wants to see. lol. I can picture Rand kneeling down before Moiraine asking for her forgiveness. I mean, even in the earlier books, before he became dark Rand, he mentioned regretting how he treated her, and looking back, how selfless, trustworthy, and helpful she really was and all that. One of those, "You don't know what ya got til it's gone" type things.

I would also like to see how Thom/Mori and Nyv/Lan interact. I am sure there will be plenty of awkwardness, but I doubt there will be any ill feeling what-so-ever because they are all with the ones they love. :)

Honestly, I'd like to see Rand have confrontations with everyone from the earlier books, including Loial. Can't wait to see what he does. I also wonder if Gawyn will apologize to Rand if they meet since now he knows his mom is alive.

I also want to see a Hawkwing and Tuyon confrontation. Mat goes to her after finding the horn and blows it. That would be a thing to see, the Empress of the Seanchan face to face with the man they see almost like a deity below the Creator. I mean, they are Hawkwing's armies. If he says, "Hey you. Do whatever Mat says," you think they would jump and do as he asked? lol.

I would like to see the original group together also but seeing how Rand, Mat, Perrin, and Egwene are now bound to people outside of that group they will never be able to be alone together. I mean, could you just imagine how Gawyn, Min, Elyane, Avienda, Faile and Tuon would react if they were told to scram so the original 8 can go have a "look how far we've come" moment?

Galad and Rand meeting and Rand telling him their mothers story would be nice.

Faile seeing Lan after realizing that he is the Malkieri King. The only Borderlanders who don't fawn over Lan are the ones who try to kill him.

Birgitte and Gaidal Cain, even if he is a child she would know it was him. Then she can die to be spun back out properly and be with him in a few years.

Suian and Elaida. You know Elaida will be brought with the Seanchan because she knows her way around the WT. I think that it would break her to see that Suian is alive and can channel again.

Elyas and his Aes Sedai, she is still alive and one would presume that she will be at the LB. He is still bonded to her. It would be interresting to find out who it is and how that reunion would go.

Elyas and his Aes Sedai, she is still alive and one would presume that she will be at the LB. He is still bonded to her. It would be interresting to find out who it is and how that reunion would go.

elyas and his aes sedai are seen in new spring: the itch chapter #7. her name is rina hafden, a green with two warders at that point, one named waylin. now this is a slight assumption, but based on her encouraging both of them in their sparring match, and the competitive attitude greens have, i would guess they must both be her's.

(jumped on that because i had read it earlier today)

Suian and Elaida. You know Elaida will be brought with the Seanchan because she knows her way around the WT. I think that it would break her to see that Suian is alive and can channel again.

^^ This one.

Also Mazrim Taim and Logain of course. That better be an epic for the ages. Taim got so shafted the whole series he better go out with a bang.

Also, it's likely to happen, but I'd also like to see Egwene handle Rand a little better, you know.. put him in his place. I may be being a bit facetious there in response to a previous post.

Siuan and Moiraine. They each think the other is dead. I don't know if that's really a confrontation, but it should be interesting.

As for an actual confrontation, either Slayer and Lan (being cousins and all and them somehow figuring it out) or Slayer and Rand (with them somehow figuring out that Slayer is Rand's uncle). Either could be interesting.

Well I will first state the obvious considering my predisposition haha.

Rand and Demandred. The greatest man of the AoL vs. the second greatest, always almost as good.

Graendal and Nynaeve. Graendal is pretty pissed at her right now. She is wanting Nynaeve dead.

(this is if Lan dies) Nynaeve - Whoever was foolish enough to kill lan. Light help their souls if she gets her hands on them.

Moiraine, Cadsuane, Egwene, Nynaeve: The most...dynamic Aes Sedai, I would like to see how they all react to one another.

Tuon and Egwene. Basically the most powerful and influential women in the world, not to mention tough as nails.

Rand and Moridin. Need I say anything more?

Taim and Rand. Not necessarily a showdown, since Logain will probably have that honour, but perhaps when he is cast down and severed or something, meeting Rand for final judgment.

(this is if Lan dies) Nynaeve - Whoever was foolish enough to kill lan. Light help their souls if she gets her hands on them.

no, light help nyn's soul, i could see her doing things she would regret for the rest of her life in that situation.

no, light help nyn's soul, i could see her doing things she would regret for the rest of her life in that situation.

indeed, that would be bad. the "fight" itself would be exciting though

Maybe Nynaeve will actually seal the bore because Lan dies at the hands of Shadowspawn DO will in a LOT of trouble.

Wow I can't read this, lol. It will be great. I just hope I don't die within the next ten months.

One showdown I've enjoyed so far is Rand versus Seanchan, but the story seems to be past that now. In tGS, I liked the part when he was walking through the Stone of Tear at night, brooding, and then deciding on the spot to go to battle. Damn that's great. Even though it was dark, he would create enough light. Then he nearly kills Tam, and then again at the end of chapter 48 when Min told everyone in the room that he had gone to Ebou Dar. A part of me really wanted to see him use the access key there, but I see why it couldn't be.

I'm going with Mat vs Egwene getting his Horn back. Actually Mat vs the White Tower. I see him putting the whole tower in it's place. Imagine how scared they were when Rand came, well Mat's immune to channeling, and is a badass to boot!

I'm going with Mat vs Egwene getting his Horn back. Actually Mat vs the White Tower. I see him putting the whole tower in it's place. Imagine how scared they were when Rand came, well Mat's immune to channeling, and is a badass to boot!

Heheheh. I am thinking that's how he's gonna meet Tuon again. Eggy won't be there most likely because she's at the field. But we know Tuon is planning to attack the tower now that they can travel, and that is likely the 1st place Mat will to look for the horn. The while he and Tuon are there, when he finds the horn, he can blow and have Hawkwing come back and, since they are his army, shake a finger at them and say "Nuh uh. No more damane and do as Mat says." They would have to obey him and Mat become as powerful as Rand in terms of kingdoms under his thumb. But it won't change Mat, he's still gonna gamble and drink and to the Pit O' Doom with anyone else how bloody says otherwise!

Heheheh. I am thinking that's how he's gonna meet Tuon again. Eggy won't be there most likely because she's at the field. But we know Tuon is planning to attack the tower now that they can travel, and that is likely the 1st place Mat will to look for the horn. The while he and Tuon are there, when he finds the horn, he can blow and have Hawkwing come back and, since they are his army, shake a finger at them and say "Nuh uh. No more damane and do as Mat says." They would have to obey him and Mat become as powerful as Rand in terms of kingdoms under his thumb. But it won't change Mat, he's still gonna gamble and drink and to the Pit O' Doom with anyone else how bloody says otherwise!

He wouldn't need the Army. They Seachan arrive and behold The Prince of Ravens at the Tower, telling AS what to do, and BAM, they all drop to their knees and stop the attack. Then Mat directs them to the Field to prepare for the Last Battle, taking a Portal to Tuon to turn her over his knee.

And random fact, I threaten the women in my life with a spanking now, partly because of Mat. Suprisingly enough, IT BLOODY WORKS!!!

I seem to remember a certain malnourished, post-close-to-death farmer single-handedly pwning two warders-in-training in their Royal Behinds.

Ah, how does everybody's favourite Lord Captain Commander put it...

"a particularly embarrasing lesson he'd once been given."

Yes, I would like to see some sort of 'confrontation' between those involved, nevermind how small an event; just an acknowledgement would be fine.

Whilst we're on the subject of Mat:

Him vs. Everyone Else

Egwene trying to take Rand down at FoM and then seeing even her own AS siding with him leaving her all alone looking like a fool. Then I want Gawyn trying to kill Rand and someone burning him to ash for being a moron.

- I'd love to see Galad fight Luc\Isam; and just as much to see Lan fight Isam\Luc. Imagine the Trolloc army in Tarwin's Gap chant "Isam, Isam, Isam ...."

- Fain - Rand seems all but destined to happen. The "renegade" is waiting for Rand in Shayol Ghul. That will be a very interesting meeting.

- Rand - Dark One interaction before both kill each other (or do whatever it is they will do to each other).

On the light side:

- Rand - Moiraine meeting

- Mat - Elayne after he saves her capital city

- Mat - Tuon meeting with him discovering that she is now "Fortuona," not Tuon!

- Bashere - Tenobia meeting with Perrin and Faile watching!

- Dobraine finally getting a boon from Rand!

- Rand - Aviendha romance after she returns from the 3-fold land

To be honest, I'd love to see Elayne forced to fight an army that surrounds her on all sides, after being drugged with forkroot and seperated beyond all fathomable distance from anyone that would or could help her. If you catch my drift.

elayne hater! :birgitte: birgette is watching you. =P

To be honest, I'd love to see Elayne forced to fight an army that surrounds her on all sides, after being drugged with forkroot and seperated beyond all fathomable distance from anyone that would or could help her. If you catch my drift.

There could be a worse ending for " .... My Queen!" But wishing for that requires a very cruel kind of hatred.

Archived