DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Vacuole & Portal Stones

csnyder

If Rand were to make a vacuole around the Pattern and forcefully separate it from the Dark One could he seal the Bore effectively? Is this potentially a method to create a universe/galaxy if the vacuole were made to contain a wide area?

Potentially, but we do not know if it is even possible to create a vacuole, or if they are simply natural occurrences.

On a similar note, I always wondered if any Aes Sedai took shelter from the breaking in a portal stone world, as Verin described and we were shown, time moves differently in different worlds, which means that it could be possible that they are alive today. (and it might be a trick to breaking the pattern itself: Hide in a world where time moves slowly enough, and about when you think the next age should start slip back to Randland and, knowing how things turned out last time, act to prevent it. The factor that allows the wheel to repeat is that the history dies, if you are somewhere where that history has only gone through one or two generations compared to hundreds to thousands, you could use the far more accurate version you have to change events)

If Rand were to make a vacuole around the Pattern and forcefully separate it from the Dark One could he seal the Bore effectively? Is this potentially a method to create a universe/galaxy if the vacuole were made to contain a wide area?

Wow, that's a big vacuole. I don't think that will happen.

Thing with vacuoles is we now very little about them. Maybe they can say 'pop' and burst like a bubble?

Cant remember where, but I read that a vacuole could detatch itself from the Pattern and just float away and be lost forever.

The AoL Aes Sedai used them for dangerous experiments apparently, where if it "unravelled the world" it would just be that bubble that vanished (dunno if this was the reason, Just remember it being used as a way to test dangerous things in an enviroment that would not affect the real world)

Archived