DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Randland fashion

michellem

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shen'an that is SO cool! Man, that is one wedding I'd love to go to, I'm impressed! And a fellow Norwegian too, welcome to the WT! Tai'Shar Norge ;D

(oh and super thanks for finding this thread for me, I was gonna look for it now anyway XD)

That is amazing embroidery! Do you have any more pictures of it? Would love to see!

There is some pictures of it in my galery, Planning on opening a craft thred with all my stuff soon

Shen'an that is SO cool! Man, that is one wedding I'd love to go to, I'm impressed! And a fellow Norwegian too, welcome to the WT! Tai'Shar Norge ;D

(oh and super thanks for finding this thread for me, I was gonna look for it now anyway XD)

Wedding was in the old town of Fredrikstad, we took all the traditions and twisted em for our own style. Tai'shar Norge!

Nah that isn't a con, a con is what the Cairhien officers have on their back (a stick with a little flag on top, with the symbol of the house they belong to or something). Not sure what the cord-thing Lan did was, maybe a Malkier-tradition.

I've been trying to think of how to pick out clothing for my WoT costume and this thread has some great ideas in it!

One of the things that I keep getting hung up on is historical medieval vs. fantasy medieval.  

Well I think it is in general quite open for interpretation Brandie. Some of the countries have very specific styles, while others are not described to such detail. So I guess it depends on what kind of character you want to be :P

Well I think it is in general quite open for interpretation Brandie.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too...  

Some of the countries have very specific styles, while others are not described to such detail. So I guess it depends on what kind of character you want to be :P

*laughs* I want to be a Green Aes Sedai of course but I don't really know what country I would be from... Guess I would need to figure that out and then dress accordingly  :tongue:  

Which makes it even more difficult to pick a style. And what about the Age of Legends? Does it go into any real detail about their clothing. It would be more modern I would think, you know with the flying cars and such.

Hmmm I think the only things we know about their clothing, is the Aiel cadin'sor, and that streith was very fashionable. The only time we see something from there is Rand's trip through the glass columns and for once RJ didn't describe clothing in every detail :tongue:

I guess you just gotta pick the style that you think is the nicest! Andor has a Tudor-era type of clothing, Cairhien is more French (think Marie Antoinette, just darker colors), Tear is spanish-influenced and about the same era as the Tudortimes, Ebou Dar I'm not quite sure where in the real world is influenced from, but I always think of them as a bit pirate-y :laugh: I guess there is some french inspiration there too. Arad Doman and Tarabon I'm not sure where to compare to our real world. And the border lands and Maradon, Ghealdan and Amadicia I don't know really. Mayene, I always picture Berelain's dresses as similar to the style of dress that Arwen wears in the Lord of the Rings-movies.

• 1 month later...

I think I want to make a Min outfit for JordanCon. My hair is short now, shoulder length and dark brown. I'm going to keep it that way for a while as well so I think she would be a good choice. Any ideas on how to put together a Min costume?

Archived