DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Have the Forsaken got plans for the Seanchan

damandred

Just been reading the thread on Setalle Anon and the speculation that she will help Tuon and the Seanchan, come to terms with the fact that people who can channel are not all monsters. And I thought idly that it would be better if Tuon learned what it was like at the crappy end of the leash, preferably controlled by a Forsaken.

That got me thinking.(It happens sometimes, not often!)...

Do the Forsaken still have designs for the Seanchan?

We know Semirhage was well positioned before her capture and death, we know Graendal from her pov had started attaching strings to Tuon, before SH got a hold of her, is that significant? Is Graendal dead? Seems unlikely.

With all the other nations accounted for and going to the big meet at tFoM (except Murandy) are the Seanchan the Forsaken' last chance to take over a Power before the LB.

Any thoughts?

Apologises if this has already been discussed

Well, the Imperial family (except for Tuon) is dead, and the continent of Seanchan is in chaos, so the Forsaken don't really have to worry about them. As for the Return, as long as they're at odds with the rest of the Randlanders, the fact that they're fighting each other instead of focusing on the Shadow is probably enough to let things lie as they are for now.

Well, the Imperial family (except for Tuon) is dead, and the continent of Seanchan is in chaos, so the Forsaken don't really have to worry about them. As for the Return, as long as they're at odds with the rest of the Randlanders, the fact that they're fighting each other instead of focusing on the Shadow is probably enough to let things lie as they are for now.

Your right that at the moment the seanchan are no threat to the shadow, but that could quickly change, and was not the point I was trying to make anyway.

The point is the Forsaken tried to control (and did for a while) Tear, Andor and Illian each failed to hang onto them. Are they just going to be content now to command shadowspawn only in the LB (and maybe Murandy).

It seems to me that with the Seanchan culture of blind obedience they would be the easiest to control through some well placed compulsion.

Tuon has a huge weakness: She can be controlled via adam.

But i do not see the need for the Foresaken to manipulate the Seanchan at present. They are doing a pretty good job at opposing both the WT and Rand.

But at present in relation to the WT they have lost one of their numbers and seen the BA routed. That is a far cry from the days of Ishy making them dance to his tune.

I'm pretty sure that they were controlling the Seanchan, but they've now been ousted. I don't think there's enough forsaken left to try any more plots with the Seanchan.

Graendal mentioned tying strings to Tuon. Though she has been punished for messing up with Perrin, I doubt she's been killed.

i think the forsaken's plans for the Seanchan have already come to fruition... they returned causing Chaos and mayhem and continue to cause chaos with their attacks on white tower and other nations.

i think with Semirhage gone and grandael being punished the Seanchan are free from Forsaken strings for the moment, that is not to say they will not be used again in the future.

But i think they are already doing as the Forsaken wish, with their hostility towards the white tower and the rest of Randland.

Archived