DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Dating on a budget...

U4ea

When me and my husband just had met, we didn't have much money or anything. We used to go out when the weather was nice, buy ice cream or milkshake or strawberries or something, and find a nice place to sit, by the river or in a park or even outside a mall to watch the people. We'd talk and laugh and have a great time.

I think for the first couple of dates, doing someting simple that involves some sort of food or beverage is great, because if you get a bit shy you can "hide" in taking a sip or a bite. And you have something to talk about; how was your coffee, chocolate is my favourite flavour of icecream, Im allergic to diay products so I have soy milk in my latte...

A friend of mine is very shy, and when she finally got the guts to ask out the guy she'd been mooning over for over a year, she planned everything sooo carefully, to always have something to talk about *giggles* Unfortunatly he tourned out to be not very nice, but she still claims it's the best first date she's ever had :P

I've been bullying mine to read WoT for six months now, so that I can discuss it with him *laughs* He's finally giving in! (not because he don't want to, but he feels like he doesn't have time, wich is silly cause he spend 2-3 hours on the computer doing nothing each day)

LOL mine reads instructional books and doesn't read anything for fun. In fact, we've been together for 14 years and it's only been the last year or so that he understands that me reading is NOT a sign of boredom.

I wish I could get into a book club. Time is an issue...

LOL mine reads instructional books and doesn't read anything for fun. In fact, we've been together for 14 years and it's only been the last year or so that he understands that me reading is NOT a sign of boredom.

I wish I could get into a book club. Time is an issue...

Mine is so much fun!

Archived