DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WOT living on in graphic novel(s)

Didgya

10 members have voted

1. 1. Is it a good idea for the WOT universe, to live on, as graphic novels- prequels and new content?

Been a while...anywhoosle... I was reading about the Eye of the World, graphic novel and wondered if that would be an acceptable outlet for new WOT content. I've read quite a few post of people wanting prequels and new stories after the LB. I think its a good idea. Sure it is a totally different media but I've read some of the Dark Tower "prequel" graphic novels and they really added to the story. What Didgya think?

Graphic novels are fine for the books that already exist. As far as new content RJ was very clearly against any type of "shared world" situation. Think we need to respect his wishes in that.

This is pretty much how I few it as well. I voted no.

Hmm.. if we were to have a graphic novel, I'd want it to be not fan fiction.. If it's not canonically correct, what's the point? Second, other than the Age of Legends or War of the Shadows, I'd prefer no prequels. Third, it would have to be much more fast paced. I really don't need to look at 500 pages of pictures of Faile being whipped by the Shaido, for example.. the first 5 would be sufficient enough.

Graphic novels are fine for the books that already exist. As far as new content RJ was very clearly against any type of "shared world" situation. Think we need to respect his wishes in that.

This is pretty much how I few it as well. I voted no.

Yup.

Although I feel it is unlikely that new WoT content, aka the Outriggers or that story about Tam would be adapted as Graphic Novels I would absolutely love if they were. As much as I love Sanderson his voice is distinct enough from Jordan's that on occasion I find myself flinching at a very 'Un-Wheel-of-Timeish' phrase. I'd rather read them as graphic novels than books to be honest, although I love books far more than Graphic Novels.

If there were Graphic Novels set in the War of Power or Age of Legends that would be awesome in all ways possible. Honestly I just love the WoT, and for it to be continued, under Harriet's watchful eyes, in any form, would be counted a blessing by myself. I voted Yes.

Although I feel it is unlikely that new WoT content, aka the Outriggers or that story about Tam would be adapted as Graphic Novels I would absolutely love if they were. As much as I love Sanderson his voice is distinct enough from Jordan's that on occasion I find myself flinching at a very 'Un-Wheel-of-Timeish' phrase. I'd rather read them as graphic novels than books to be honest, although I love books far more than Graphic Novels.

If there were Graphic Novels set in the War of Power or Age of Legends that would be awesome in all ways possible. Honestly I just love the WoT, and for it to be continued, under Harriet's watchful eyes, in any form, would be counted a blessing by myself. I voted Yes.

I agree totally, its a nice short easy way to WOT. I wouldn't want someone to write an actual new WOT book though, for reasons stated earlier. It would have the ring of blasphemy to RJ.

Archived