DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Just Joined

rawood3

hello all. after reading the first 10 books of TWOT, i thought i would join DM to get some varying opinions on the books. i'll share my bio and some of my thoughts briefly....

live in Atlanta

born in 1963, yeah, i know i am old

how i got started on TWOT.... my wife told me i might like Jordan's books as she heard a great good things about them but has never read them herself, and she reads every day. so she got the first 3 books from the library

favorite book so far - thats difficult as i have only read the books once, but the 1st and 3rd are probably tops, but i would have to go back and learn what happened in each again.

least favorite - Crossroads of Twilight - from the start, i consider this book terribly boring.... the plot did not seem to advance much at all for the first 600 pages ....

favorite male character - gotta go with Rand, though its easy to like Mat because I am a gambler myself.... i just like how Rand accepted his role in the world and believed the prophecies and transformed himself into a leader

favorite female character - Moraine , confident and intelligent

gotta run

Welcome RaWood. I am in the same demographic as you. I'm 45 so don't feel like the lone greybeard. Since you haven't read all the books yet you might want to be careful if you go to the discussion boards. Or at least stay on the strucured boards. You might also want to check out the Social Groups and if you have an inkling to act the RP community.

Have a great time exploring. If you have questions just ask.

Many find CoT to be one of the dullest of the Books. Don't worry tho, They pick back up.

Welcome RaWood. I am in the same demographic as you. I'm 45 so don't feel like the lone greybeard. Since you haven't read all the books yet you might want to be careful if you go to the discussion boards. Or at least stay on the strucured boards. You might also want to check out the Social Groups and if you have an inkling to act the RP community.

Have a great time exploring. If you have questions just ask.

Many find CoT to be one of the dullest of the Books. Don't worry tho, They pick back up.

Thanks for the advice, i am always cognizant of spoiler alerts. so my least favoriite female character is Min, probably not a popular choice, but i just cannot connect with her...plus, if she kept calling me sheepherder I'd probably put a stop to that real quick; Balefire?

Favorite Forsaken is Moghedien.

What parts of the 1st and 3rd books made them your favorites?

Welcome to dm!!!

If you have any questions feel free to ask :)

I am usually partial to the first book in any series, and this is the case with TWOT. Intrigued by introduction to all the main characters and why Moriane takes them from EF. In book 3, it is fast paced and includes excellent plot lines with Mat, Egwene, Nyneve, Elayne, and of course Rand when he pulls Callandor from Stone of Tear.

Archived