DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Feelings about AMoL

Martagnan

First - thank you to to Jordan, his Estate and heirs, Sanderson, and the fans. The vision, the love, the dedication.

Second - How can anything possibly live up to my expectations :D

Since I 1st picked up The Eye of the World in the early 90's I've gotten married, had kids, pets, cars and houses, gotten divorced had a couple of girlfriends, attended funerals ... I'm 45 and this series has been part of my life since I was 25 or so. Tolkien and Zelazny might have come first but WOW :D

I almost - almost don't want it to end - kind of like one doesn't want great sex to end lol I look forward to the climax, anticipate the afterglow and dread the loneliness that will follow... It'll be a little like that good friend that was always there dying.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for not leaving me/us with another The Canterbury Tales .

Ah yes, I feel very much the same. It has become part of my life. I've known these people (they're not really characters anymore) for so long that it's going to be really hard to not meet them again. And I absolutely hate the thought that some might die. I am really anxious to get the last book but at the same time part of me want it too to be split in three and not be concluded for several more years... :laugh:

Same but from a female perspective and 10 years younger.

The hubbie, kids, house, divorce, few extraneous boyf's since, read The Hobbit when I was a bit too young so even though I liked the story, I found it slow but loved the movies so it is definately on the list for after WoT along with numerous other series I've started but not finished yet. (I know that's weird for a sci-fi/fantasy lover but I've just never gotten around to reading the rest :blush:)

As for the Canterbury Tales, it sounds familiar and there was one series I read a couple of my flatmate's books of when I was at uni and experimenting so not sure if it the same. The first book had something called a Codex in it and each book was only bound together by an obscure character or event, that's about all I remember. Is that the Canterbury Tales? Regardless I thought at the time that it was quite interesting so if you (or anyone) knows that series please let me know what it's called so that I can add it to my 'to do list after WOT'.

Off topic but The Earthsea Quartet was my first sci=fi/fantasy, what was yours? If this generates interest I'll start a thread or if someone can direct me to an existing one...?

Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chancer? If so, I have a copy.

Though I am not sure what that gots to do with this.

From Viewings/Dreams/Fortellings, I think I have some idea of what would happen in Memory of Light

By the way, Memory of Light threads I take are to be in the section specifically for that book.

Same but from a female perspective and 10 years younger.

The hubbie, kids, house, divorce, few extraneous boyf's since, read The Hobbit when I was a bit too young so even though I liked the story, I found it slow but loved the movies so it is definately on the list for after WoT along with numerous other series I've started but not finished yet. (I know that's weird for a sci-fi/fantasy lover but I've just never gotten around to reading the rest :blush:)

As for the Canterbury Tales, it sounds familiar and there was one series I read a couple of my flatmate's books of when I was at uni and experimenting so not sure if it the same. The first book had something called a Codex in it and each book was only bound together by an obscure character or event, that's about all I remember. Is that the Canterbury Tales? Regardless I thought at the time that it was quite interesting so if you (or anyone) knows that series please let me know what it's called so that I can add it to my 'to do list after WOT'.

Off topic but The Earthsea Quartet was my first sci=fi/fantasy, what was yours? If this generates interest I'll start a thread or if someone can direct me to an existing one...?

The only fantasy series with a Codex, I can think of, is David Eddings, Garion books. They have a prophercy in called the Riven Codex.

The series was called the Belgariad, I think which was 5 books begining with "Pawn of Prophercy" and a follow up series called the Mallorean, which was another 5 books.

Hope you look them up as they are good fun with great charactors such as Polgara, Belgarath and Belgarion and his Princess Ce Nedra.

Not sure if it was the series you meant but if not its worth looking up anyway.

Good fantasy written with a jordan-esq type humour. Enjoy

Archived