DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Can Mr.Sanderson wrap it up ?

Ace Sedai

Whenever I revisit this series I'm amazed at the amount of people/places/topics/conflicts/histories etc.

Can BS actually wrap up this series{provide a decent amount of detail about a host of topics}? From what I understand RJ had the end pretty much outlined already.

Still,I don't envy BS one bit.

This ramble was brought on by this:

Shara: A mysterious land to the east of the Aiel Waste which is the source of silk and ivory, among other trade goods. The land is protected both by inhospitable natural features and by man-made walls. Little is known about Shara, as the people of that land work to keep their culture secret. The Sharans deny that the Trolloc Wars touched them, despite Aiel statements to the contrary. They deny knowledge of Artur Hawkwing’s attempted invasion, despite the accounts of eyewitnesses from the Sea Folk. The little information that has leaked out reveals that the Sharans are ruled by a single absolute monarch, a Sh’boan if a woman and a Sh’botay if a man. That monarch rules for exactly seven years, then dies. The rule then passes to the mate of that ruler, who rules for seven years and then dies. This pattern has repeated itself since the time of the Breaking of the World. The Sharans believe that the deaths are the “Will of the Pattern.”

There are channelers in Shara, known as the Ayyad, who are tattooed on their faces at birth. The women of the Ayyad enforce the Ayyad laws stringently. A sexual relationship between Ayyad and non-Ayyad is punishable by death for the non-Ayyad, and the Ayyad is also executed if force on his or her part can be proven. If a child is born of the union, it is left exposed to the elements, and dies. Male Ayyad are used as breeding stock only. They are not educated in any fashion, not even how to read or write, and when they reach their twenty-first year or begin to channel, whichever comes first, they are killed and the body cremated. Supposedly, the Ayyad channel the One Power only at the command of the Sh’boan or Sh’botay, who is always surrounded by Ayyad women.

Even the name of the land is in doubt. The natives have been known to call it many different names, including Shamara, Co’dansin, Tomaka, Kigali and Shibouya.

Dozens of other topics come to mind.Can all this possibly be touched on in one book?

Whenever I revisit this series I'm amazed at the amount of people/places/topics/conflicts/histories etc.

Can BS actually wrap up this series{provide a decent amount of detail about a host of topics}? From what I understand RJ had the end pretty much outlined already.

Still,I don't envy BS one bit.

This ramble was brought on by this:

Shara: A mysterious land to the east of the Aiel Waste which is the source of silk and ivory, among other trade goods. The land is protected both by inhospitable natural features and by man-made walls. Little is known about Shara, as the people of that land work to keep their culture secret. The Sharans deny that the Trolloc Wars touched them, despite Aiel statements to the contrary. They deny knowledge of Artur Hawkwing’s attempted invasion, despite the accounts of eyewitnesses from the Sea Folk. The little information that has leaked out reveals that the Sharans are ruled by a single absolute monarch, a Sh’boan if a woman and a Sh’botay if a man. That monarch rules for exactly seven years, then dies. The rule then passes to the mate of that ruler, who rules for seven years and then dies. This pattern has repeated itself since the time of the Breaking of the World. The Sharans believe that the deaths are the “Will of the Pattern.”

There are channelers in Shara, known as the Ayyad, who are tattooed on their faces at birth. The women of the Ayyad enforce the Ayyad laws stringently. A sexual relationship between Ayyad and non-Ayyad is punishable by death for the non-Ayyad, and the Ayyad is also executed if force on his or her part can be proven. If a child is born of the union, it is left exposed to the elements, and dies. Male Ayyad are used as breeding stock only. They are not educated in any fashion, not even how to read or write, and when they reach their twenty-first year or begin to channel, whichever comes first, they are killed and the body cremated. Supposedly, the Ayyad channel the One Power only at the command of the Sh’boan or Sh’botay, who is always surrounded by Ayyad women.

Even the name of the land is in doubt. The natives have been known to call it many different names, including Shamara, Co’dansin, Tomaka, Kigali and Shibouya.

Dozens of other topics come to mind.Can all this possibly be touched on in one book?

shara will not bbe explored upon unfortunelty in the last book. just not enought time to do it justice.

Fortunately, we know that RJ would also have left a lot of questions unanswered, alot of threads opened. 3 reasons come to mind:

- Planned outriggers (we know about some of those)

- To give a sense of reality to all this (a the WoT world won't end after TG, so it wouldn't be realistic to have all those plots closed)

- To avoid writing 6 more books :)

Didn't RJ originally plan to write some other side stories in Randland (like Tolkien did in Middle Earth) but then tabled the idea to work on finishing the main series?

With such a popular series, I'd be a little surprised if they don't have BS use additional notes from RJ to write some side stories. I'm not sure I'd care for them, but they'd allow BS to be a bit more creative with them.

From what I heard, RJ had some "outriggers" planned that were supposedly about Mat and Tuon.

Also, there were two more prequels planned, one about Tam and one about Moiraine and Lan ending with them arriving in Two Rivers.

How much notes RJ left on these and if they will ever be written, who knows. From hearing Brandon talk, I personally don't think they will be written.

From what I heard, RJ had some "outriggers" planned that were supposedly about Mat and Tuon.

Also, there were two more prequels planned, one about Tam and one about Moiraine and Lan ending with them arriving in Two Rivers.

How much notes RJ left on these and if they will ever be written, who knows. From hearing Brandon talk, I personally don't think they will be written.

a lot of it has to go past harriet also b4 any of them get written i do belive. and i also think that they never will

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry. I remember reading some fanfiction about some treasure hunt or murder mistery (some old timer were mentioned who are no longer here i think) or such and there was a point where people from DM stopped by BS's house to ask a question and he was holding a small baby, surrounded by babies, and his wife was pregnant or such. So, when I saw the title just started laughing (now people around look at me like i'm a complete idiot rolleyes.gif)

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry. I remember reading some fanfiction about some treasure hunt or murder mistery (some old timer were mentioned who are no longer here i think) or such and there was a point where people from DM stopped by BS's house to ask a question and he was holding a small baby, surrounded by babies, and his wife was pregnant or such. So, when I saw the title just started laughing (now people around look at me like i'm a complete idiot rolleyes.gif)

Well... I don't think you're an idiot. But you have managed to confuse the hell out of me.

Archived