DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Red Ajah Autumn Fair - Poetry Contest

Rhea

dragonpoetrycontest.gif

Poetry Contest

Poetry is a lot of things to a lot of people. There are as many definitions of poetry as there are poets. Wordsworth defined poetry as "the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings;" Emily Dickinson said, "If I read a book and it makes my body so cold no fire ever can warm me, I know that is poetry;" and Dylan Thomas defined poetry this way: "Poetry is what makes me laugh or cry or yawn, what makes my toenails twinkle, what makes me want to do this or that or nothing."

The autumn season is a time of change and has many different meanings to people around the world. Some may find beauty in the changing of the leaves while others see only a bitter transition into cold and frost. What does the autumn season mean to you?

Why not join the Autumn Fair Poetry contest and show us!

The winner will receive a special siggy to display in their signature.

Rules and contest information

1) Anyone can enter.

2) One submission per person

3) Required! All entries must follow the Autumn theme. Poetry that does not meet these criteria will not be included in the voting.

4) All types of poetry are welcome as long as the content follows rule #4. :wink: (ie: Hiaku, epitaph, blank verse, rhyme, cacophony, free verse, sonnet, etc…)

Deadline for all poetry entries is October 12th.

The winner will be selected by the Autumn Fair committee and posted on October 14th.

Have fun!

Colors change on trees

The leaves start to slowly fall

To crunch underfoot

Tugging at my hair

Carrying all sorts of scents

The cool, crisp wind blows

Orange, round and firm

Filled with smelly slimy goop

Sits a large pumpkin

On a bale of hay

Trying to scare the birds away

A happy scarecrow

Autumn, Herbst, осень, haust

No matter what you call it

Have a happy fall

Too bad no more people joined in this competition. I know there are lots out there that have writing skills.

*rummages in her pockets and gives Rhea a miniture poking stick* Go forth and Poketh. Poketh anyone you feel deserves it for not sharing their poemness. If they complain, send them to me. :wink:

Congrats Aiel Heart! Beautiful poem. Regardless the default, you deserved the win! :wub:

Archived