DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Read First: Welcome to the Yellow Ajah!

Kathleen

Congratulations and Welcome Home!

I know you are excited to be here, and we're excited to have you here with us! I know you are excited to get started playing your new Yellow Aes Sedai, but before you do, please take a look around the stickied threads. They are full of helpful tips on being Yellow, from what your character will know as a Yellow Sister to the little secrets we have that could affect your RPs.

Please help us get to know you, our new Sister, by posting a Character Development Thread. Each Yellow Sister has one of these. They are a good way for you to document your progress, and the easiest way for me to track your RPs. We are required to make a report each month with every RP our Yellow Sisters post in. I will use your Character Development threads to do this, so please keep them updated, for this reason if no other. Please use the following format to make your Character Developement Thread:

Title your Thread - Character Development Thread: Name of your Aes Sedai

In the first post please have this information:

• Character Name:
    Current Titles: (this is your position in the Yellow Ajah - Aes Sedai/Sitter etc)
    Bio: Link to your bio
    Character Details - This is optional, but it's a good place to keep the little things that pop up in RPs as you go. Is your Sister scared of something in particular? Does she always wear her hair in a bun? Does she bite her nails when she's nervous? Add to this as you go, or don't..its up to you!

In all following posts in this Character Development Thread please post the new month and list all RPs you do in that month with links to them, like this:

• September RPs:

1) Name of RP - Link to RP - Status: Ongoing/Complete - Short description of the RP.
    2) Name of RP - Link to RP - Status: Ongoing/Complete - Short descripiton of the RP.

Make sure to keep this thread updated each month to help make our Ajah run more smoothly, and to help us get to know our new Sister! Once again, welcome to the Yellow Ajah! When you get your Character Development Thread Posted, please read through the other pinned threads, as they are full of information that your Sister will know about the Yellow Ajah IC and they will help you understand the Yellow Ajah OOC as well!

• 6 years later...

Oooh this is wonderful! Also, hi! I'm finally here. Oops. Took me long enough, heehee.

I never really RPed Celestine much after she was raised, and frankly, I would love to Retro RP her welcoming into the Ajah (I did the raising itself but it didn't go anywhere after that).

Edited by Jagen Sedai

Yeah friend!

I’m totally up for rping this . But my only concern is that You actually more experience here than I do.

When I made my yellow character I never really went through the traditional welcoming.

My yellow was a second Aes Sedai and it was actually a black.  So I’m not really sure the traditions to introduce you to.

I can look into it and see what I can do. Or you can kind of lead your way through it.

I just don’t know that I could out of character give you the experience  you want in character. 

I would so be up for it and so be happy to do it but I would probably need some guidance from you on what you would want.

Ah, hmm. I was thinking of basically what Moiraine and Siuan went through right after their Raising. They had to learn things the day they were raised, and had to meet the Ajah head, too. 

I would be fine with anything, as casual or formal or inbetween as you like. You’ve been a Yellow a lot longer than I. I haven’t used Celestine much at all except in four small threads. 

So I read through your raising ceremony thread and it looks like you made it back to the Ajah and said Hi to everyone. You had some info, like the head and sitters, and some glossed over stuff. It looks like stuff was touched on, so I thought instead of redoing all that we would just carry on from there. 

New thread is started here 

We can fudge some timeline stuff with my character who is training you..I'm not sure ages in main timeline so I'm not sure if they would coincide retro. Because it is retro, my character will not be black. She only goes black in the main timeline. She's just selfish and bitchy, but she'll try to be nice cause you're new and will reflect on her training skills.

My basic plan is to hit these 4 main things

1. Chat - Your Goals/Direction/expectations/ Minor Traditions to be discussed.

2. Your Rooms - react to the decor of the last three sisters, including tapestry.

3. Trip to the Infirmaries and get your Keys and life sentences of duty scheduling.

4. Eyes and Ears Info/signals.

5. Secret Weaves.

You can feel free to work these things in if you want to or wait for me to. How ever it seems more natural. I'm going through and stricking out what we've already done. Or if you want to do something different let me know. I'm flexible (despite how this set of lists looks lol).

1. Yellow sisters present at a Raising embrace their new sister and give her a kiss on her left cheek (this was included in Amadine's Raising) 
  2. Will receive a bouquet of Yellow flowers/herbs
  3. To ensure the Yellow Quarters remain the most flamboyant in the White Tower, all new sisters will have their rooms decorated by the last three Sisters to join the Ajah - being done while we talk over tea at the start of the RP - can continue on for days if you'd like to have people in and out of your rooms moving things around.
  4. Each new sister will receive a tapestry/ornament for her room
  5. Will be given the keys to the 3 Infirmaries (Infirmary of the Body, Infirmary of the Mind and Infirmary of the Young) 
  6. Will be required to work in any of the Infirmaries at least 3 days a week for her first year in the Ajah as an intern
  7. May borrow up to three books from the Ajah library of Medical Journals
  8. Will be required to plant a herb bush of choice that does not already exist in the WT garden, she will be required to provide supplies of this herb to the Infirmaries. She will also be required to explain its uses and dangers to the Yellow Ajah as part of her self introduction to the Ajah
  9. Yellow Sisters have to make at least 3 contacts within their first year with non-channeling Healers as their contribution to the Ajah Eyes and Ears
  10. All Yellow Sisters have to attend an annual meeting where drinking is involved(YAY!), as well as a general exchange of new Healing knowledge, either in the form of new herbs, new weaves or new patient care methods. Failure to do so will result in Infirmary duty. 

Weaves to learn:

1. Weave to throw your voice as a whisper to a particular person in a distance. He/she maybe in a crowd, but only he/she can hear the voice and noone else can.
  2. Ability to unHeal. A dangerous weave which causes wounds to open and fester immediately
  3. Ability to make a person happy. In the Books, the Blue have a weave to induce fear, but inducing happiness maybe useful to Healers and I thought it might be good for a Healing Ajah to have this.
  4. Ability to cause someone to fall into a deep sleep. Again, useful for Healers when they want a patient to rest.
  5. Ability to make hair and nails grow on an animal or a person. Totally use

I was going