DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Trivial question About Birgitte

Winespring Patron

I don't think so, personally. I think she'll be relieved that her friend got through safe and sound. She likes Mat...

Do you think she has an ego about her past? I always got the impression that she was self conscious about it - worried that she couldn't live up to the "Birgette's", and her other selves, of legend.

I don't think so, personally. I think she'll be relieved that her friend got through safe and sound. She likes Mat...

Do you think she has an ego about her past? I always got the impression that she was self conscious about it - worried that she couldn't live up to the "Birgette's", and her other selves, of legend.

I'm not saying she will go as far as snubbing Mat or "marginalizing" his feat but I got the feeling she will be very startled that he accomplished a complex "suicide mission" (by her estimate) in half a day. You are right that she considers Mat a dear friend and seems to already treat him like one of the "Dead" Heroes. I'm sure that if she wasn't riding herd over Elayne she would have tried to talk Mat into letting her accompany him on the rescue expedition.

Birgitte might feel a tad little annoyed by Mat succeeding where she failed, but mostly she'll be relieved to see him back in (almost) one piece.

Birgitte is one of the most level headed, cool-thinking and practical characters in the books. once Mat explains Finnland's nature to her (shifting rooms and corridors), that only his ability to warp chance got them through, she'll realize she never had a chance.

Archived