DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What movie would make a good Remake?

brujah

There are two remakes that haven't happened that I think would be good. The first would be a new version of the '50s WWII film Run Silent, Run Deep. This was a great old-time war film, with a superb storyline. But the effects by today's standards are incredibly cheesy. They look like the ships were toy models filmed in a swimming pool. When I watch this movie, I can't help but think how well it would do with a modern effects budget, and if not using CGI ships, then better looking models. Of course, it would have to stay true to the original story.

The second one requires some creative interpretation of saying this hasn't been remade yet. I might actually call it an "unmake": War of the Worlds. I realize the Tom Cruise version is only 5 years old, and that was just 10 years removed from Independence Day (which was heavily, and openly, based on War of the Worlds). But what I want to see is a version that stays true to the novel, without updating the story to the present day, and keeps the setting in 1890s England. To my knowledge, no adaptation of this book has ever done this, in any medium.

Most of Labyrinths charm lies in the crapiness, so a remake would be very stupid.

In general, remake = Suckfest, so no movie should ever be remade. I can't recall a single remake that has been better, or even on the same level as the original.

True about Labrynth, I'll give you that. But I'd still like to see it with todays Technology and possibly 3D. The potential there would be great. It would be fun to guess as to who they'd get to play the goblin king. Also gotta remember that its a kids movie.

"You remind me of the babe.

What babe?

The babe with the power.

What power?

The power of VooDoo.

Who do?

You do.

Do what!?

Remind me of the babe."

And as for DUNE, that would be a sick movie for them to remake. And Ill guarantee that it is remade in the next 10 years. Such a great story. And the movie isnt TOO bad considering the VERY limited budget and technology they had at the time. In fact I think they did amazing for the year.

And just like above Id wonder who they would get to take Sting's part in the movie. I'd say Marilyn Manson for the Goblin King, but he couldnt pull off a warrior like Feyd-Rautha, or any warrior for that matter.

But I STRONGLY disagree with you about Remakes. There's a few movies made in the 1950's 60's and 70's that have been remade that are MUCH better, just for the modern cast and filming. Young Guns isnt a full REMAKE of The Left Handed Gun with Paul Newman, but it does remake most of the Billy the Kid scenes. And if you do like the older versions better, then you're biased because you have to like old movies. 3:10 to Yuma remake is a damn good movie. So is True Grit. John Wayne is a legend, but Jeff Bridges amazed me. I didnt give him a snowballs chance in hell of being anygood in that movie. Ocean's 11. The original plain sucks. SCARFACE. Come on. The Al Pacino movie is a classic. Remakes CAN be done well.

Some remakes that might be better than original of the top of my head....

Oceans 11. Seen both of them and I greatly enjoyed the new one more.

The Departed which was a remake of Infernal Affairs. Maybe they are close in quality but I am pretty sure most Americans prefer the remake.

The Thing. No not the one coming out soon but the '82 Carpenter version was a remake of The Thing from Another World.

Archived