DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A new member, yet a long time reader

Francois Hetu

Greetings, I am a french canadian who likes to read in english beacuse it's soooo less complicated than french!

I discoverd TWOT in 1995. The cover of the Eye Of the world practically spoke to me. So I bought the first 2 volumes in one go!

Been addicted to the stuff ever since! Thank you very much Mr. Jordan - James Oscar Rigney - (and Mr. Sanderson for keeping up the flame!)

You were one of my main inspiration as to start writing my own stuff! May the light shine on your soul for all etrnity and may you shelter in the

arms of the Allmighty! You have proven yet again that the pen is way mightyer than the sword!

You gave me the trip of my life: to travel alongside Rand, Mat, Perrin, Nynaeve, Egwene, Elayne, Thom, Moiraine, Lan and all the others! It was a marvelous

bit of travelling. Just for that, you have my eternal Gratitude!!!!

My step-grandpa was Canadian. There are many other Canadians on this site as well :)

I've always found the books to be a very good place to escape to :)

There are many social groups here, as well as some general boards that specifically focus on talking about the books. There are also rp boards if you are into that sort of thing

We hope you like it here!!

So who are your favorite characters?

Welcome to Dragonmount!!!

Welcome to Dragonmount, Biker :)

I agree with you whole heartily. Eternal gratitude is what they both deserve. Them and the entire Jordan team, really. For making WoT what it is and sharing it with all of us. Most epic fantasy series as far as my own opinion goes ^_^

Aiel Heart has already explained about the sections. I encourage you to check them all out and see what strikes your fancy.

If you have any sort of questions or just wanna chit chat with me, feel free to shoot me a private message.

Cheers,

Nyn

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome Nynaeve and Aiel Heart.

My favorites would be the Myrdraal, the forsaken, Padan fain/Mordeth/Ordeith (whatever names he decides to choose eventually) Lan, Thom Merillin, Mat, Perrin, Ruharc, Rand, Elayne, Amys and Bair, Lord Ituralde, Gareth Bryne, Morgase, Tam Al'thor, Basel Gill and Lamgwin, Gaul and yes Nynaeve... and I guess too much others to name them all! Oh yes, never forget the Lady Shiaine (the dark friend) she has some guts and Liandrin too!

Am a bit anxious to read the final book (It should be out by the end of october or the beginning of November, as with the 2 previous ones) but at the same time, it's gonna be time to sa farewell to all thos awesome caractes and the kind of final farewell to Robert Jordan! But I kept My promise and bought all the books in Hard cover edition, for I had the first 6 in paper back!

My other favorit Authors Are: L.E. Modesitt jr., Terry Goodkind, George R.R. Martin, J.R.R.Tolkien, Terry Brooks, Terry Prtchett (gosh that makes a lot of terries lol) And Others, but those are the main ones that I keep following almost religiously, a part from Mr Jordan Himself

I also read the first book of the stormlight archive from Brandon Sanderson, and though I had trouble getting into it, i kept at it and after i passed the first 300 pages, I got hooked!

Now I should work on my profile! Have a nice weekend all!

Cheers!

So your favorite favorites are the bad guys?

I like most of the characters. My top ones are Aviendha, Nyneave, Egwene, Verin, Siuan, Mat, Tuon, Thom, Talmanes, Tam, Gareth, all of the Wise Ones that aren't Shaido, Rhuarc.... Ok stopping there while I still can :P

Archived