DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What's with the link between Rand and Moridin

What does the link between Rand and Moridin mean?

Will they have to face eachother after Rand defeats the DO and they both end up dying or will Moridin do a complete turn around and betray the DO because of the link between them.. And what will become of Cyndane and Moghideian and possibly greandal I could see her being Mindtrapped to Moridin now..

Also kinda off topic but this has to be the most curious thing in the books to me. How did Mearin(Lanfear, Cyndane) end up in Rands dreams is this just another quality of the creator he recieved and will he be able to save his lost love and turn her to the light once again?

How did Cyndane enter Rand's dream? I would guess through the coursouvra.

If they face each other, it would not be after Tarmon Gaidon since during it Rand would save mankind from the Shadow by death.

There might be a chance of Moridin's conversion through their link.

Also kinda off topic but this has to be the most curious thing in the books to me. How did Mearin(Lanfear, Cyndane) end up in Rands dreams

Moridin used his link with Rand to get her there. Rand got into Moridin's dream in tGS using the link and Moridin has now returned the favor. that's how they got past Rand's wards without him noticing anything.

So it could possibly be a trap then that would be interesting if it were, but I kinda would like to see it more honest myself. I think Mearin is a good person she just has to find her place in life and in the Age of Legends she wasn't satified with where she was but in the New Era she could have everything she wanted. But I would also like to see Moridin turn though highly unlikely it still would be sweet lol.

What do you think the second flaw to Callondor is and who will Rand take to Shayol Ghul? Me personally I think Mat will have to go I think while Rand is doing his thing sealing the DO, Mat will have to face Shadar Heran since Heran has some peculiar way of knowing when someone is channeling and possibly able to shield them, not sure about the ladder but I think he did that to Moghidien. Also I'm sure it's gonna be Moraine and Nyneave that link with Rand while he uses Callondor but I'm stuck like Min when trying to interpret "And the three shall be one." does that mean a link or what idk it's very curious though I'm looking forward to what Jordan had planned for it but I like to hear other's oppinions on it as well.

So this is basically some theories that pop to mind about the link... again not much can be backed up by more than mere speculation but I like to think I have a knack for that.

It seems Rand's plan is not to actually fight the DO but more to seal him away again yet this time for a more permanent stay. That to me makes it seem as though Rand's dying doesn't have as much to do with the confrontation with the DO as it may with something else, my thinking points to Moridin and the link between them. One of the big questions for me has to do with Min's research and especially this "other" flaw. For some reason I'm starting to think the "three will become one" reference has more to do with Rand, Lt, and Moridin and the bond between them. It seems like Lt and Rand in ToM have definitely become one now and I think that this second "flaw" and Min's obsession with finding a way for Rand not to die has to do with the link between Moridin and Rand. Maybe it's just an off the wall theory but if Rand and Moridin fight wouldn't either one winning mean the death of both... unless someway is found to severe that bond or change that bond.

Just something on my mind.

So this is basically some theories that pop to mind about the link... again not much can be backed up by more than mere speculation but I like to think I have a knack for that.

It seems Rand's plan is not to actually fight the DO but more to seal him away again yet this time for a more permanent stay. That to me makes it seem as though Rand's dying doesn't have as much to do with the confrontation with the DO as it may with something else, my thinking points to Moridin and the link between them. One of the big questions for me has to do with Min's research and especially this "other" flaw. For some reason I'm starting to think the "three will become one" reference has more to do with Rand, Lt, and Moridin and the bond between them. It seems like Lt and Rand in ToM have definitely become one now and I think that this second "flaw" and Min's obsession with finding a way for Rand not to die has to do with the link between Moridin and Rand. Maybe it's just an off the wall theory but if Rand and Moridin fight wouldn't either one winning mean the death of both... unless someway is found to severe that bond or change that bond.

Just something on my mind.

That seem's like something that could happen... But we don't know that if they kill one another both would die or if anything else would happen. The link was caused by touching of balefire flow's right so we don't know anything about that kind of link besides the fact that Moridin felt the loss of Rand's hand and Rand feels Moridin's hand like his should still be there, also Moridin seems very afraid of anyone of the Forsaken going after Rand beside's himself which he doesn't have to worry as much any longer since Demandred seems to be the only forsaken left that has free will. but that seems to suggest that if they are to die then both would otherwise Moridin wouldn't be afraid. Another question is did Moridin purposly send his flow of Balefire to Rand's in Shadar Logoth or was it by accident. And on the other "flaw" of Callandor it doesn't really solve that maybe the prophecies could shed some light on it but I haven't been able to piece it together.

Since Rand now has LTT's memories, he should be good in TAR.
Not sure if Lews Therin and/or the other incarnations spent any time in Telaranrhiod while alive.

The body in-between spinnings may be different than all incarnations.

ALL the Forsaken are experienced in TAR. Do you think they are all Dreamers? That Talent is very rare for men. And there were 8 male Forsaken. How great is the change the 8 most powerfull channelers who swore to the DO are all dreamers? Maybe they had just loads of ter'angreal, or they entered in the flesh, or have just learned to enter it while sleeping, even if they are no Dreamers. Dreaming is not entering TAR, Dreaming is have Dreams of what could happen. And maybe Dreamers can learn more control of TAR, but I don't think they are the only ones.

I'm going to try it tonight.

Archived