DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

BATE: Most Popular Tourist Destinations

Okay, for our first round paris won out 5 votes to 1, with London following by a wopping 6 votes to none and Tokyo and Germany castles are tied at three votes each. For now, I'm going to leave that tie in unless someone comes through and does the favor of breaking it!

And now, to get things moving along, I'm going to post the rest of the ties for Round One...

4. Hong Kong, China vs Seattle, Washington

A popular oriental city versus what is known to Americans as the rainiest city in the world (but apparently it has some cool stuff).

5. Cape Town, South Africa vs Orlando, Florida

Gorgeous south african scenery versus the amusement park capital of the U.S.

6. Scotland vs New York City, New York

A small culture rich city versus the Big Apple, the place every future big shot would like to go!

7. Ireland (Dublin) vs Sydney, Australia

Go have some Guiness with the Irish, or see the Great Outback!

8. Hawaii (Honolulu) vs Las Angeles, California

Tour the island with honeymooners or get a chance to see someone famous, and go to Hollywood!

9. Toronto, Canada vs Cairo, Egypt

"What's up, eh?' or....ride a camel to see the great pyramids.

10. Rome, Italy vs Greece

When walking through the streets of Rome, you know that city was not built in a day, maybe not even in a hundred years, but a quick tour of Greece will show you where Rome got all of their great ideas!

11. Bali, Indonesia vs Charleston, South Carolina

Culture rich with gorgeous scenery versus the hometown of our dearly beloved RJ (with some beaches to boot of course :wink: )

My votes

4. Hong Kong, China vs Seattle, Washington (I'd love to see it, even if it does rain all the time haha)

5. Cape Town, South Africa vs Orlando, Florida (already been to Orlando and would love to go see South Africa!)

6. Scotland vs New York City, New York (if for no other reason than to see niagra falls and the statue of liberty)

7. Ireland (Dublin) vs Sydney, Australia (gotta take dad there and heard Dublin wasn't terribly exciting)

10. Rome, Italy vs Greece (I've been to both and since we're essentially putting all of Greece against Rome, Greece has to win out because there is so much history there that was amazing to be able to be there...and I've been to Rome twice so I might as well go back to Greece now :) )

11. Bali, Indonesia vs Charleston, South Carolina (the beaches kinda get to me I guess?)

4. Seattle, Washington

5. Cape Town, South Africa

6. Scotland

7. Sydney, Australia

8. Hawaii (Honolulu)

9. Toronto, Canada

10. Rome, Italy

11. Charleston, South Carolina

4. Hong Kong, China vs Seattle, Washington

because my sister lives in Seattle

5. Cape Town, South Africa vs Orlando, Florida

6. Scotland vs New York City, New York

7. Ireland (Dublin) vs Sydney, Australia

that was flip a coin - not particularly interested in either, but Hawaii has some beautiful scenery (must just avoid the honeymooners)

Because I really want to hear someone say "What's up, eh?' :P ... plus, that's near enough to my Warder and several other Canadian friends. Plus, Canada is beautiful.

10. Rome, Italy vs Greece

Purely because I've been to Rome, but not yet to Greece

11. Bali, Indonesia vs Charleston, South Carolina

Rather than touring Disneyworld? Hell yeah! :biggrin:

I've not been to all the wine farms in the area, haven't been up Table Mountain in years, they've revamped the museums, etc etc.

Archived