DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What got you hooked?

DigitalSoul

Lets see...My son was at his martial arts class and I was bored, so I went next door to the used book store (Yay used book stores!!) I was cruisin the shelves and saw the cover, and almost DIDN'T buy it (this series is the perfect example of "Don't judge a book by its cover!!), but I read the synopsis on the back and was interested and since it was more than 1/2 off, (I never pay full price for ANYTHING for myself!!) I picked it up. I was hooked after the first few chapters. I was so into the interactions between the boys and the "women" I couldn't put it down. The run from The Two Rivers and Rand helping Bela (unknowingly of course) Man what a sequence! Most of my family thinks I'm crazy and I rarely have anyone around here to talk to about it. I am so glad there are others that are as hooked as I am that I can discuss the finer points of the series.

I first started reading last year when i was 15 and bored over the summer, I had run out of books to read and my dad suggested the series. Im not really sure what got me hooked, probably every differant aspect of the books. Having re read the series now i like the fact that RJ doesn't make Rand a perfect hero, he makes mistakes, goes in the wrong dirrection, gets manipulated and up till one of the later books is totally terrified of himself. I think the fact that Rand has to prove himself to the world because they all believe that the dragon is evil is a really great part of the plot.

A friend forced me to read the first book. After there was no chance of letting go, have been addicted since.

Without doubt the complexity and the epic storytelling that captured me. The huge mass of characters amuses me evertime i pick up one of the books.

The best fantasy-series there is.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived