DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fat man angreal

herid

I don't think Katerine could have had it. All the AS da'stang had all their possessions destroyed except for their serpent rings.

good point

And as far as the forsaken speculating that Rand has an angreal....

That would be like wondering if the guy with a M4 and Desert Eagle has a pocket knife. Why would they worry about a weak angreal when he has the two most powerful sa'angreal that could be used by a man.

none but Lanfear knew that he had the access key until WH. Callandor was warded and they couldn't take it. They were definitely looking for any angreal or sa'angreal they could find. That's mentioned several times. They would certainly not scoff at a male angreal if they came by it. None of the male Forsaken are ever mentioned having any angreal at all.

he has the two most powerful sa'angreal that could be used by a man.

Not really, unless I misunderstand. He has/had #3, and #1. #2 is still out there, iirc. Lanfear hints about it early in TSR. Referring to Callandor, she says that two stronger angreal exist. She has shown that she makes some distinction between male and female angreal when talking to someone about them, so I took this to mean "Only two stronger angreal THAT YOU CAN USE exist."

Or has it been confirmed that Stronger Angreal #1 was the male CK, and Stronger Angreal #2 was the female CK?

Doesn't Cads look into the house/Lady where the Aes Sedai held Rand? I can fish around a little later on the subject.

ETA: Yep, it's Lady Arilyn's pad, where Cad's crew later sets up shop (trusting WoTEncylopedia on this so far).

yes, you are right. That's the same house. It does raise some interesting possibilities that I've never considered. But I can't find any mentioning of Cadsuane searching the house. Did she even know that Rand was held there? I can't find anything about that either. Min did tell her the abduction story so she may know it but I can't find any direct references.

Almost impossible for a saidar-user to recognise unless she has a specific physical description. It could have been picked up by a servant (non-channeler) and stashed away somewhere? Of course after Rand's searches,people will know he was looking for it and they would guess it's important even if they don't know why.

Almost impossible for a saidar-user to recognise

Not so. I immediately knew what it was soon as I heard the description, just like I knew when Domon described his (even before he mentioned warmness). The design isn't that unique. I mean, it could pass for a ter'angreal, I guess, but AS collect those as well.

Almost impossible for a saidar-user to recognise unless she has a specific physical description.

I disagree with that. It's often mentioned that objects of one power have a strange feel to them. Aes Sedai are experienced with those things and might have recognized that it was one. Of course male channelers are more likely to have done so but you can't rule out the Aes Sedai. What I find strange is how anybody could know in advance that Rand had it. Taim seemed to be looking for it as mentioned above. But how would he know of it at all? I don't think Rand ever mentioned it to Taim or any Asha'man. He hardly ever took it out in front of anybody as far as I can recall.

@Yoniy0 / Herid I'm sure any AS would recognise it from the description ala Bayle Domon of what it did to a guy, if she heard such a description. However, I meant, would they recognise it on sight? They would probably not pick up on the feel and it may look like just another knick-knack otherwise.

Of course, it might be a standard issue form-factor for a male AoL ang'real, and in that case, they would recognise it.

My point: If an AS saw it in context (Rand carrying it, or some man holding it and remarking on the warmth/oddness whatever), she would flag it. But if it was just sitting on an occasional table along with a couple of other (non-angreal) knick-knacks, she might not even notice it.

If one of the kidnapping AS had it, perhaps Sorilea ended up with it, and assuming she is a dark friend (which I think is very likely) anybody on the dark side could have gotten hold of it. Perhaps Demandred (or someone else) even gave her a female angreal in exchange, which would make sense if she's ever going to legitimately challenge Cadsuane at some point. Just spitballin together some loose ends.

Archived