DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Rand Should Die

SingleMort

If Lan does die I'm pretty sure Nyneave would too, csuse she'd go to save him and either succeed or die trying.

As for Rand having to live for hiss kids. Well yes perhaps it would be sweet to see Rand as a dad. but It would kind of fit if he was not there what with both HIS parents dying when he was born. His presence might also put the children in danger from darkfriends (if there are any left) or people who just hated The Dragon Reborn. Either way maybe Elyane had the right idea by keeping the father's identity secret because a lot of people might not be too pleased by her raising Rand's offspring.

I don't really thing it would THAT tragic if Rand did die. I mean this isn't the sort of series where the ending is going to turn into a character massacre. And pretty sure that things are going to turn out well for most of the cast.

I'm not saying that the end would be awful if he did live. But there are other series of books that sometimes get a bit rubbish when they get a bit too worried that the main hero has to live at the end. I remember one series where one guy in the group of good guys called Ryan, was sacrified so they could win. Then later in the series he came back from the dead. Then at the end he got sacrified AGAIN, so the "grand noble leader" didn't have to get his own hands dirty. I could help thinking "Jeez give Ryan a break, you only let him do all this dying stuff cause he's in love with your girlfriend..."---- Sorry got a bit off-topic there.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, I dont see it being a problem him dying.

I think he will live on in TAR.

He is a hero of the horn, he will be in there just like Birgitte was.

I can see one of two conclusions to this.

1. Rand, being who he is, is allowed to break the precepts(or whatnot) and can meet with Avi, Elayne (and hopefully min somehow) in TAR. RJ has given us a RAFO whether you can get pregnant in TAR, so its possible.

2. Rand is in TAR, and it ends with him looking on at Elayne and such who meet in TAR happy, watching over them hidden,

I think Rand should die in the end. A permanent death. Sure if he dies, and is brought back, all fine-and-dandy, but he should die again and stay dead. It would be just so fitting an ending. It's like Frodo in The Lord of the Rings. After all he went through, he could never find peace, until he passed on into the Undying Lands, where he eventually died and left the Circle of the World.

I think Rand should be granted the peace of the World of Dreams after he does his stuff.

(I had to look that up.. :blush:)

Totally understandable. Star Ocean is a fairly underrated series (though 2 was far better than 3. If you have a Sony Console, I'd recommend it. It came out on PSOne but got ported to PSP :smile:

I could be tempted! Mind you, I haven't done much since mothballing my Cobra Mk3..

Not sure about saving from sins part.

Rand's first death I take is to save humanity from the Shadow; which might be considered close to saving from sins.

If Rand dies a second time, it might be a "normal" death.

Until the DO hacks it, that is.. or just pulls the plug!

So, the Wheel of Time is Star Ocean 3?!

Also, I don't think I have won again, Lews Therin was the Dark One. It seemed a lotre like Ishamael's schtick.

Besides, if it was the Dark One, wouldn't it have been

I HAVE WON AGAIN, LEWS THERIN

Since clearly the Dark One belives that capslock is the Cruise Control for Cool.

Star Ocean refrence! Awesome, i did not even finish reading the post, i had to reply...

Archived