DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Baby Gender Guessing Game

U4ea

I was talking to Twinny the other day and in the discussion mentioned Tadpole's heart rate as an indicator of (his/her) gender. She threw out a few other wacky theories and so I thought this would be a fun way to predict the gender of my 18 week old fetus! I have my gender-hunting ultrasound on April 12th, so that gives us 12 days to play.

*smirks*

So, if you've heard that something will predict the gender of a baby in mommy's belly, SHARE! We'll test it! :D

The list so far:

Heart rate-

The research: If the heart rate is below 140 bpm, it's a boy. Above 140 and it's a girl.

The Experiment/Data collection: hart rate at 6 weeks was 126 bpm, at 13 weeks was 154 bpm and 17 weeks was 157 bpm.

Hypothesis: Girl

High or Low-

The research: If the mother is carrying the baby high on the belly, then it's a boy. Lower on the abdomen and it's a girl.

The experiment/Data collection: Tentatively claiming high based on 3rd party observations. Will update with pics for general consensus.

Hypothesis: Boy

Sweet/Sour Cravings-

The research: if you are craving sweet things, it will be a girl, and if you crave sour things, it will be a boy.

The Experiment/Data Collection: I'm not much of a sour person, to be honest. I'm a certified chocoholic (and I love Easter candy!), though. So, most of the junk I eat is sweet. I haven't really had any cravings, per se, but... yeah.

Hypothesis: Girl

Morning Sickness-

The research: the worse morning sickness you had, the greater chance that it is a girl.

The experiment/Data Collection: I've been nauseous this round, but have yet to toss any cookies. So, I don't consider the sickness to be that bad (as compared to last time when I threw up every morning... I had a girl, btw.).

Hypothesis: Boy

Baby Bump-

The research: neat little bump= boy, weight gain spread out= girl

The experiment/Data Collection: I actually have flat spots on the sides of my stomach. I'm not sure if I can really call that a "neat bump," though. :(

Hypothesis: inconclusive at this time?/Girl

Well, the one I've heard most often had to do with whether the child was carried further forward. If the tummy was high and out (like a basketball under a shirt) then it was a boy. *shrugs* Sometimes it's hard to tell. I look forward to hearing what you find out and see what other common wives tales are out there. :D

Lemme see if I can get hubby to take a pic and we'll see about high or low. Everyone says it's looking pretty high this time, though. So, based on 3rd party observations, I'm going to tentatively say I'm carrying Tadpole kinda high. ;)

Let's add that to the list... *grins*

C'mon, who else?

I heard that the worse morning sickness you had, the greater chance that it is a girl. Something to do with the extra. Eostrogen I think. Also a nice neat bump is a boy, but general extra weight all over is a girl. Mind you both mine are boys and I was really sick each time and you don't even want to know about the weight gain lol

I always heard that if you are craving sweet things, it will be a girl, and if you crave sour things, it will be a boy. Any weird cravings?

My mother in law must be an oddity then, lol. She always tells me that when she was expecting her son, she craved honey and when she was expecting her first daughter she wanted sour cream and onion crisps. Though she had a friend who had a craving for coal when she was expecting and another friends who couldn't resist picking off wallpaper and eating it. I'd call those weird.

*grins* See? FUN!

So, do you consider being nauseous but not throwing up as bad morning sickness or not? I am saying not, just because I really threw up every morning for the first three months with Peanut (my 3 year old). I think THAT was pretty rough morning sickness. With this one, I skipped a meal or two because of it, but never actually threw up. My gag reflex is much more sensitive, though. Weird...

I've had two boys and felt sick without throwing up for much of the first three months. With my first I also had an aversion to eating anything yellow. Not long now till any theories become obsolete eh? In the meantime check out this site or similar ones.

http://www.babygenderprediction.com/chinese-gender-chart.html

LOL, Wow, that brings back memories! Now I'm going to have to drag out He-man videos from somewhere. "by the power of Grayskull... I HAVE THE POWER!" <-- feels really old now...

Peanut (my 3 year old) looked like "the Screamer" of Van Gogh fame. I'm terribly glad that wasn't a fortelling! LOL Of course, she also flipped her daddy off after he said she looked like an alien at 13 weeks, so... *laughs* yeah.

Tadpole... I dunno. Right now what strikes me is her personality... already? She really was waving at the ultrasound machine!

lol, honestly, that's the thing I was dreading most about having a boy. Boy's clothes just suck and they don't really ever get better. Ah, well, now I don't have to worry about it! *grins*

I bought Tadpole a onesie the other day that's completely black and has a appliquéd strand of pearls across the top that says, "This is my little black dress." LMAO

LMAO

that's just luck, babe. I watch my poor husband try to avoid the ones that don't fit right in the crotch every couple of days.

Besides, you'd worry about it more if you gave a crap. I don't think that's a gender related issue, just a level of give-a-crap one. ;)

Archived