DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

How I think it will all go down

Jblaylock

Rand manages to trap the Darkone as well as the Forsaken in prison, and he seals it just like LTT did. The Darkone manages one final counterstroke, tainting Saidin. Male channellers go mad, including Rand. Rand slays all of his kin and starts wandering his palace in madness, not noticing all the dead bodies (most of them his own family) strewn about. Moridin, who somehow managed not to be completely trapped, shows up and grants him a temporary moment of sanity. Rand realizes what he's done and travels to some new spot on the planet, draws way too much Saidin, and kills himself, causing the ground to split and shoot up in an enormouse new mountain.

Basicaly, everything ends the way it ended for Lews Therin, thus not really ending, but beginning anew.

If the ending plays out just like the initial prologue, I think you will have some pissed off people.

It would mean that all of the effort of the characters in all the other books to avoid LTT's mistakes and to avoid another breaking of the earth would have been for naught.

If Stephen King was the author, maybe :smile:

We have the First Age, where everything is learned and perfected.

We have the Second Age, that ends with the prologue and the Breaking of the World.

We have the Third Age, which ends with ?

And finally we have the Fourth Age, which is a period of who knows what.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

I don't think ending the Third Age with a repeat of the Second Age would be a Stephen King, ala Dark Tower ending. It would be more like Monty Python where a year passed, Winter changed into Spring, Spring changed into Summer, Summer changed back into Winter, and then Winter gave Spring and Summer a miss and went straight on into Autumn.

I almost expect him to use Fain and the corruption he has become as some sort of buffer between the DO and the new seals. Just a thought. Then while dieing, he will have his best guy throw the sword back into the lake, and lady in the lake will catch it and submerge beneath the waves.

If the ending plays out just like the initial prologue, I think you will have some pissed off people.

It would mean that all of the effort of the characters in all the other books to avoid LTT's mistakes and to avoid another breaking of the earth would have been for naught.

It might start off or almost happen like it did before but he will do something to make it different and truely successfull

It might start off or almost happen like it did before but he will do something to make it different and truely successfull

He'll have the horn of valere from the very beginning. You watch.

Rand slays all of his kin and starts wandering his palace in madness, not noticing all the dead bodies (most of them his own family) strewn about.

Where did Rand suddenly get the family from?

He has a father, three wives, a half brother, and two kids on the way.

No, he has a half-brother and two kids on the way. The others aren't legally recognised. Nor are the two kids or the half-brother, really, but at least there's some genetics there.

Oh, he also has an uncle. Good luck kinslaying him though.

I find it strange how people forget there are 7 ages. And that they think the second age (the AOL) will be repeated here in the third age. Thats not how it works, you need to go a full turning of 7 ages.

Anyway, Im thinking he uses his own body as a buffer against the DO, preventing the Tainting.

"red on black"

Rands blood on the rocks of shayol ghul.

Red - his blood - meaning he sacrifices himself, touching the black - the DO.

Consider the other prophecies etc.. that make Rand's death very important.

The Aelfin say "To live you must die"

The Karatheon says "In the Pit of Doom shall his blood free men from the Shadow"

TO me it says that Rand wont just die, he actually has to die to win. The best way to make his death important is using his own blood/body as the buffer between the DO and saidin/saidar. Or at the least, as a key to sealing the bore more completely. Perhaps its like the super-glue that holds it together.

No, he has a half-brother and two kids on the way. The others aren't legally recognised. Nor are the two kids or the half-brother, really, but at least there's some genetics there.

Oh, he also has an uncle. Good luck kinslaying him though.

whatever the Rand Al' Thor is the law.

Archived