DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Seanchan prophesies are right

Morist

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the original version of the Prophesies?

Oh I'm not saying alot of people don't use Twitter to ask their questions, I was just having a little rant on how annoying/frustrating it can be to a huge fan of a series like the WoT, but never get the chance to say so in person.

But my rants over and done with now so we'll just leave it there :) .

Back to the origional question!

A.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, naturally both versions aren't 100% faithful to the original (if there ever existed a single globally-agreed-upon version in the first place), Brandon's as good as said so himself.

See, this is where I'm slightly annoyed about how the book tours go.

For what it's worth, I don't reside in the US myself. You make do with what you can read on the internet, and count yourself lucky that they're willing to interact with their readers at all. Why, just the other day I read another one of what counts for an update from GRRM. Apparently he's got 3 more chapters to go for ADwD. Guess that means I'll see the book when I get my Ph.D. (just started grad school).

Well, naturally both versions aren't 100% faithful to the original (if there ever existed a single globally-agreed-upon version in the first place), Brandon's as good as said so himself.

See, this is where I'm slightly annoyed about how the book tours go.

For what it's worth, I don't reside in the US myself. You make do with what you can read on the internet, and count yourself lucky that they're willing to interact with their readers at all. Why, just the other day I read another one of what counts for an update from GRRM. Apparently he's got 3 more chapters to go for ADwD. Guess that means I'll see the book when I get my Ph.D. (just started grad school).

My nephews will likely get their phd's before GRRM finishes the effing series, and they are still crapping their pants.

I find it very unpalatable that the moderators decided to [remove] my comment about Jews. I think it was a most poignant statement! To this day there are still arguments that the original hebrew texts were mistranslated, not purposefully, just in general lack of full comprehension of the language. One of the most frequently cited mistranslations involves the condition of the mother of the Messiah. This is a historical reference deeply rooted in the context of this conversation. Did someone in history purposefully mistranslate ancient hebrew texts?; Were the accidental mistranslations causes of centuries of division?; Were they even mistranslations or the actual prophetic truth?

The point is we don't know, and everyone has an opinion.

But my argument is that someone in control of this board decided to delete something I wrote. It was not written with malevolence, nor bigotry, nor any ill will of any sort. It was a comment placed within the context of our trying to understand how a set of prophecies may have been misinterpreted. I was trying to relate real-world occurrences of this very debate which we are engaging in order to place a realistic frame of reference.

Archived