AnimusMessor

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't call what Fedwin had as a block

No one cares.

I do.

No one cares.

The point is that Androl's block is not evidence for him being a wilder.

Charming. It's not conclusive, but a complete bar on being able to access the source appears to be observed more often in wilders, whereas a bar on something like channeling at a distance appears to be observed more often in learners. Bear in mind everyone who goes to the Black Tower are volunteers, so at least on some level are prepared to channel and die for it.

Yeah, I love the work Terez does and she obviously invests a crazy amount of time to it all but man o man is she frustrating to deal with.

I'm actually really easy to deal with so long as you are not an asswipe or an idiot. As I said above, I like the theory. Still do, even though the evidence has diminished. I figured if the theory could be defended, someone here would do it. But Mark Grayson was doing a much better job than you were. (It's that intelligence level thing again, I suspect.)

Yeah, I love the work Terez does and she obviously invests a crazy amount of time to it all but man o man is she frustrating to deal with.

I'm actually really easy to deal with so long as you are not an asswipe or an idiot. As I said above, I like the theory. Still do, even though the evidence has diminished. I figured if the theory could be defended, someone here would do it. But Mark Grayson was doing a much better job than you were. (It's that intelligence level thing again, I suspect.)

Whatever you say Terez, whatever you say.

You see what you wanna see /hug

Androl I guess was introduced in Towers of Midnight.

Which chapter/chapters does he appear in?

His first appearance was in WH prologue, he was one of the Asha'man that came to meet Logain.

His talent for gateway's is mentioned in tGS chpt 5 by Flinn.

Then we truly meet him in ToM chpt 46.

Androl I guess was introduced in Towers of Midnight.

Which chapter/chapters does he appear in?

His first appearance was in WH prologue, he was one of the Asha'man that came to meet Logain.

Then we truly meet him in ToM chpt 46.

Ok. Did not remember the first 2 references; just read them.

Everyone always likes to blame it on me while ignoring the trolls that get me in a pissy mood. I'm incredibly easy to get along with when I'm not being antagonized.

It takes two to tango :D

Anyhow, on topic:

Could you give me a quote of that? I don't have the book at hand, and I'm interested to read the reference as I can not remember it. I tried to use IdealSeek with keyword "Flinn" but it didn't give any results for chapter 5 D:

Could you give me a quote of that? I don't have the book at hand, and I'm interested to read the reference as I can not remember it. I tried to use IdealSeek with keyword "Flinn" but it didn't give any results for chapter 5 D:

Yeah, idealseek isn't updated past chapter 1 or 2 for tGS yet.

Here ya go...

"I apologize for taking so long to return, Lord Dragon." Flinn had a leathery face and only a few wisps of hair on his head. He looked a lot like some of the farmers Rand had known back in Emond's Field, though he had been a soldier for most of his life. Flinn had come to Rand because he wanted to learn Healing. Rand had turned him into a weapon instead.

"You did as ordered," Rand said, walking back toward the green. He wanted to blame Harine for the prejudices of the entire world, but that was not fair. He needed a better way, a way to make everyone see.

"I've never been exceptional at making gateway's," Flinn continued. "Not like Androl. I needed to--"

"Flinn." Rand said, cutting in. "Enough."

So not only can Androl make bigger gateway's than he should be able to but he doesn't seem to need to "know" the place he's making it from. At least not as long as most.

Everyone always likes to blame it on me while ignoring the trolls that get me in a pissy mood. I'm incredibly easy to get along with when I'm not being antagonized.

It takes two to tango :D

Indeed. And that was my point.

(Luckers, I'm done with the off-topic stuff btw - I just felt the need mainly to address the assumption that I am in contact with Team Jordan, which is of course not true. Otherwise I might have left his post alone.)

Back on topic I found that part about the apprenticeships in a life that already seemed too long to be really strong indicators that at the very least our chap is a good but older than he looks, however old that may be.

Exactly, no less than 12 apprenticeships, travels outside of Randland itself, serving in at least one major army (Tear) and he talks about his first instructor of the sword, inferring there may have been others as well.

Seems like a hell of a lot to fit into someone who is just hitting his middle years.

As far as the other goes...you said your peace. Now it's time to move on, let her indulge in her lastworditis knowing that you are one among many that doesn't approve of her treatment of others.

It/she is just not worth the time.

As for the subject matter of the theory, I think that what Taim refers to as a "bar" is probably the same as what the White Tower calls a "block." The mind refuses to accept some aspect of the One Power, and the person has a very difficult working in that way. Though it exhibited itself differently between Fedwin Morr and Nynaeve, the cause is the same - rejection of the fact that what the channeler can do is possible.

This is not the only thing that Taim refers to in terms different from the rest of Third Age Randland. It's probably another hint that he has connections to the Age of Legends through the Forsaken.

Based on that, and the fact that Morr was trained to channel, I agree with Terez's conclusion that a trained channeler can develop a block.

Archived