DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Welcome, Recruit Wolf!

lol RN is a Registered Nurse. LPN is a Licensed Practical Nurse, also called a Vocational Nurse (or as we LPNs call it "Lower Paid Nurse"). Mostly I pass out drugs and do stuff that the Nursing Assistants can't do and the RN's don't want to do lol... but I don't do most IV things such as giving someone blood or any blood products. I also cannot do IV pushes, however I can insert an IV catheter and I can change out fluid bags and usually hang bags of medications. A lot of our practice is determined by the state that we are licensed in as each has it's own board of nursing that determines the job roles of the different types of nurses. For example in Mississippi I have to be IV certified to do anything with an IV however if i lived in alabama I could do IV therapy without any special certification

And story of the year is a pretty good band.. I listen to an assortment of music, anything from Rock to Country and just about anything in between.. The only thing i really don't care to listen to is Rap... mostly because i'm a white girl and i like to sing a long and i can't rap lol

Well heck i like all kinds of music, as the song progressed i found that it had a littlebit too much screaming for my tastes. But it is clear you have a good taste in music.

I can see you have your share of laws that make no sense :)

And also there are too many abbreviations in the english language hehe

You have no idea... You should see the stuff the Army has.. They have acronyms for their acronyms :wink: and yeah that's not my favorite of their songs.. I prefer songs that don't scream at me.. but some of theirs are better... Anthem of my Dying Day is a good one, as well as Sidewalks and Until the Day i Die...

Mostly though i listen to alternative... like Breaking Benjamin and stuff like that... I love it :biggrin: I love to sing too, but i wouldn't recommend my singing to anyone :unsure:

So, while we wait to get you added to the Band's usergroup, here is the awesome Official Spiel. It's just a little run down about the Band that I used to post for all new members. And I felt it was time to bring it back to life as we have quite a few new members! So grab a Brew, sit back and enjoy!

*official spiel*

Welcome Wolf! You have joined at an exciting time, since the Band is on the march to glory and greatness in 2011!

Basically, the Band of the Red Hand is the Travel, Music and Eating Out Social Group at DM! By signing up for the Band, you have joined a successful and growing Social Group on DM. Once the admins decide to add you to the Band's usergroup, we will get you through our Recruit system and into a Regiment. The Executive Officer position, who is in charge of all Raw Recruits, is currently F Horn of Valere, who will shortly get a thread set up for you. In this thread, the Band's three Regiments (Archers, Cavalry, Infantry) will try to convince you why their Regiment is best and why you should join them. After a week or two, you will be asked to pick your final choice of a Regiment, which will be your new home.

While being a Raw Recruit, there is nothing stopping you from earning points like any other Band member. Points lead to promotion within the Band. Points and promotions are carried out by Jeannaisais, the Under-Commander of the Band. Below is a list of possible ways to earn points:

- writing reviews on places to visit/holidays you have been on

- writing reviews on music albums and gigs

- writing restaurant reviews

- the variety of music based activity threads on DM

- replying to other people's reviews and asking questions

- composing Jak O' the Shadow verses

- posting in the monthly roll call in the Band's private boards here at DM

- a project to populate our Spotify music account (see our private boards)

- and much much more I cannot think of right now!

If you complete your time as a Raw Recruit successfully, you will get a special award (called the Raw Recruit Stripe) which you can add to your siggy as well!

While being a Raw Recruit, you should make yourself aware of the Laws of the Band of the Red Hand. These are enforced by the Redarms, who will shortly be reintroduced. They act as the Band's very own police force. If they see any Law breaking, they will either drag you up for a trial or give you a fun spot fine to do (usually 100 lines of something witty). Channeling is a major no-no in the Band. As is spilling Battle Brew, our beloved drink! We tend to give 3 strikes to use, and when join the Band's ranks officially, you will face the full force of Band Law like any other Bander does!

Of course, we are not all about working 24/7, as we do let our hair down now and then! We are famous for our bar brawls (look in the Regimental boards), which happen frequently! Keep an eye out for one! We also like jokes, tales, funny pictures - things that will make us laugh!

We also have many games, which can be found amongst our boards here at DM, which can be found in the stickies and in the Campfires. Also, take the lessons to learn our Dice Game, based on the luck of dice! You get the selected weapons of your Regiment, and can fight anyone in the Band! We'll give you a practise fight so you can get your bearing until you are ready to challenge a Bander. Also look out for our festivals of various games using the dice roller and Dice Game. There are many staff members (either myself, Imperium or Canis Rufus) for the Game who will be willing to help you out.

If I have left anything out (which I expect I have!), do not hesitate to ask questions! Someone will be able to answer them for you!

One last thing...

*hands Wolf a Marshal-General's Special Battle Brew*

CARAI AN SHEN AN CALHAR!!!!!

That is our main private board. That and others should appear above amongst The Matrim Awards board (as that is a public Band sub-board). If you can't see it, it means you still haven't been added to our usergroup.

Archived