DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Pink Loincloth Tavern

It was....she got it literally at every meal during the 3 1/2 days we spent in Vienna. Can't believe that's how short most of my visits were but it was such an amazing time no matter how long or short it was. Oh and my trip to Vienna was definitely the most interesting....both my friend and I got sick. She was sick before we left and I got sick as soon as we got there. We did like one or two things the morning after we arrived, and then I slept for a straight twenty hours in the hostel and then wanted to do everything the next day even though she still wasn't feeling good - I drug here like everywhere. It was fun despite the sickliness....and I blamed the Austrian trees for mine!

lol I've never been out of the States... And don't have a real longing to go... I wouldn't mind it, but I don't feel like my life will be empty if I never do.. lol I'm a home body and I'm paranoid so I don't know that I would really enjoy the trip lol

I am SOOOOO glad I went abroad. I had dreamed of it for so long and it was everything I imagined plus more! I want to go to Spain desperately! I would love to take my husband to Rome with me, and to Granada. We (well I'm going to make him) are gonna save up for a nice long Europe trip that will be positively amazing :)

I can understand wanting to stay home though. But, as I tell people....I went to Rome, London, Athens, Vienna and Madrid...and still have yet to see Washington DC....and I'm totally okay with that!

lol I've actually been to D.C. I wasn't over impressed.. though I was only 6-7 at the time lol.. I did get to hold a giant cockroach though!! It was at the Museum of Natural Science.. it was as big as my hand (which granted was small at the time) It totally grossed my mom out lol... It was ok though.. We didn't get to go to the White House.. It was PACKED.. But we did get to see Bill Clinton's feet as he got on Marine 1 to go somewhere lol.. Of course we didn't know who that was till later when we saw that he had left to go wherever he went on the news that night and realized that's what it was.. it was neat though... Lots of cool museums if you like that kind of stuff.. I'd like to go back now that I'm older and could appreciate it more.

I wanna see more of Europe. And I wanna go to America. Anywhere in America, I haven't tackled there yet, but I think I have plenty of time for global gallivanting, and I plan to take on Europe instead of going to schoolies.

Do you guys have schoolies? (In Australia, all the grade twelves that just finished school go up to the gold coast for what is called schoolies week, during which time they all get either high or drunk or both and stay that way for a whole week. They actually give the schoolies a whole beach and guard it against toolies (Too old for schoolies))

I have never heard of such a thing BB.....

in America, we graduate 12th grade and they say "congrats, now you're gonna pay through the roof to learn your trade for 4-8 years". I was a lucky one and got a great scholarship!

And there is a lot of cool stuff in America...but Europe is so much cooler and has so much more history to see. Espeically Rome and Athens...LOVED those places!

Actually Jea, Spring Break kind of resembles that. The difference being it's mostly college age young'uns and its EVERY year for 4 or so years. Though "legal age" here is 21 for drinking adult beverages BB, there ARE those from High School (11th/12th grade) who show up to these things. It's more of a free-for-all though, it's not centralized to one location and what you call "toolies" are not quite as well separated... at least I don't think so.

ha no...if it's a party and drinking is involved, anyone who wants to be there will probably be there. And the Spring Breaks I had in college - year 1 I worked and did hw, year 2 I went on a missions trip to Chicago, year 3 I spent ten days traveling with my mom through Athens, Rome, Venice, Bolzano, Milano and Bologna, year 4 I went on my honeymoon

guess I failed at being the normal college student?