• Replies 237.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smiley73

• Crimson_Ayla

• Nyanna al'Meara

• mmeeshal

Want a DS, or are you too weak for that? (sorry, I'm too lazy to check the points page)

You are a pretty good bit higher than me. If you can think of a way to handicap yourself to make it even I'm game.

You can use my angreal. Then we're almost perfectly equal.

I would like snow; we're hoping to get it soon, but the ground's too warm at the moment, so it won't stick for a while, I think. XD Drat!

I took lots of pictures of the Halloween party last night, but I haven't yet uploaded them. That's on my to-do list for today, as well as getting caught up on my reading for school.

For me, I'm a couple of weeks behind in all but one of my classes. I missed a couple of things, then I got really bummed about that and depressed and I haven't even been sure I want to catch up or at least salvage a pass from my grades.... And then looking at everything I've missed since then, makes me feel overwhelmed, like I can't handle it. My grandma, having plenty of psychological issues of her own, tells me "you have major depression, go see a doctor and get medicated." Maybe she's right about the depression; I've been medicated for it in the past, but I don't like all these major medicines and my grandma telling me to get medicated has only inspired me to try and pick myself up and kick myself out of my depression.

You have the right attitude about it! Good luck in school as well. What classes are you taking?

Thanks! :smile: My hope for this semester is just to pass the classes. I'm okay with getting C's in all of my classes, although I think I can get a B or an A in one of them, because I've been keeping up with that one just fine. Just as long as I pass. XD

I'm taking Freshman Composition (Eng 101), Principles of Macroeconomics (which is the one I'm keeping up in), American History to 1877, and Intro to Psychology. The school I'm taking classes through doesn't have a huge selection of online classes, unfortunately, or I wouldn't be taking any economics class. >.>

I used to get really bad panic attacks from school work, even when I was caught up, just because I was in a lot of advanced classes at once and there was so much to do

Break it down into parts. It really makes it a lot easier. And don't think about how many parts there are, just start completing them. Maybe make a checklist and cross them off as you go along. Trust me, you can beat it.

There are very few people that truly need medications for depression. I don't think you're one of them.

Thanks for the advice, AH. I've just started with the basics of what needs to be done, and just focusing on this one step makes it seem a lot more manageable. :smile:

I'm glad I don't have to worry about work anymore atm, that way I can just spend my time focusing on getting caught up. :laugh: