DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Demandred. Legend - wait for it - Dary. Legendary.

Barid Bel Medar

116 members have voted

1. 1. Will Demandred have an epic role in AMOL?

• Yes
    • No

I dont buy the idea of Demandred being responsible for the weakening of the Pattern. I attribute that to Rand and him being one with the land, and Herid Fels comment on faith and order bringing strength.

Its an interesting possibility, but I cant see it being the case nor do I think it will grant him legend-wait for it-dary status. It feels like a copout. For one thing anyone could have done that. Second thing his excuse for bailing out of the Cleansing was that he is a general. The behind the scene balefire plot boils down to nihilism, not commanding. So even the results of it wouldnt be steering towards the awesomeness people were expecting, but rather chipping away at Moridins field of expertise.

I cant find that link to where Brandon says Demandred will be the Shadows main dude in AMoL. Could someone post it again please?

All in all I think Cenn Buies dad was more awesome because of stuff he did offscreen as well.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the 'Demandred will be the main guy for the Shadow' comment is true, what way should we take it? Demandred deals the most damage/he is the most lethal-epic? And either way...just what happened to Moridin, because something has to happen to him to allow Demandred to rise up. Could the DO find out about his link with Rand and sacrifice him in a bid to weaken Rand enough if Rand seems very close to succeeding?

I think, or hope at least that Demandred will be awesome in A Memory of Light (can't wait for the book anyway).

If the 'Demandred will be the main guy for the Shadow' comment is true, what way should we take it? Demandred deals the most damage/he is the most lethal-epic? And either way...just what happened to Moridin, because something has to happen to him to allow Demandred to rise up. Could the DO find out about his link with Rand and sacrifice him in a bid to weaken Rand enough if Rand seems very close to succeeding?

Seems possible, but (something I've always wondered) why has Ishamael always been the number 1 forsaken while Demandred is always described as the second best in the Age of Legends, just behind Lews Therin? Because of that Ishamael is the only one truly dedicated to the Dark One because of his philosophy?

I think, or hope at least that Demandred will be awesome in A Memory of Light (can't wait for the book anyway).

Seems possible, but (something I've always wondered) why has Ishamael always been the number 1 forsaken while Demandred is always described as the second best in the Age of Legends, just behind Lews Therin? Because of that Ishamael is the only one truly dedicated to the Dark One because of his philosophy?

Demandred wants to rule in the Dark Ones name when he wins. Not going to happen. Moridin wants an end to existence. Moridins motive is the same as the DarkOnes, Demandreds arent

Could Demandred be Old Cully? (The uber-high-ranking DF and beggar mentioned in CoS) He hasn't appeared on-screen, but we know that he's way the hell up there. That's the same story Kadere got with Asmodean, (REALLY high-ranking, only a step below the Forsaken) and we see that Carridin, while he is able to function around Sammael, he gets really worried when he thinks about Old Cully.

“All we have is one reference to ‘Lands under the Shadow, beyond the setting sun, beyond the Aryth Ocean, where the Armies of Night reign'."

Re-reading WoT. Some text written in blood in Fal Dara. Verin thinks that it is the Seanchan. The Armies of Night, and Lands under the Shadow, can not be a reference to the them? They are not under the Shadow, and I dont recall the Seanchan army being called by this name.

So, Demandred raising an army, might this be the one? Or am I forgetting something?

Archived