DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I'm Going on a Signature/Avatar Rampage

JenniferL

I've noticed a few people pushing the limits of what is acceptable for sig pics and avatars. Sometime this week I'm going to go through and edit the offending profiles. Do me a favor and check these guidelines. If you are out of wack, please fix it before I do. =)

1. Can only be 255 characters long (this includes any BB Codes or HTML you include). - Limited by the message boards

2. May be no more than 6 lines of text displayed on the message board

3. Signature Pictures may be of the following dimentions: 500x100.

4. Signature Pictures should contain no copyrighted material with out express permission from the artist.

5. If you use a Signature Picture and Text, you may have no more than two lines of text in addition to your picture.

1. You can choose from our many avatars in our gallery with out punity.

2. If you choose to link your avatar from your own site they must be no larger than 80x80.

3. Avatars should contain no copyrighted material with out express permission from the artist.

Honestly? If more people like you gave gentle reminders, I wouldn't have to go on rampages. If everyone understands that the site as a whole prefers properly sized graphics, and its not just Mommy being mean, they are more likely to comply voluntarily and feel good about doing so.

I'm just happy we're actually allowed to *have* sigs. Back in the day we couldn't even have sigs and we had to rely on our wits to make people like our posts ;)

(I'm pretty sure that's the DM version of the "in my day we had to walk ten miles in the snow just to get to our shoes"-story)

We didn't have actual sig areas on the boards I used to RP on (I think the ones with ranks that Emp's talking about), but you could HTML them in there or anything you wanted really. I often had a basic sig at the end, and a character picture in the beginning next to my RP text.

Oooo! Rank icons! Those were *fun*! I miss those. We had something like it on the old boards, but the real rank icons on the old-old boards were the best. I remember when I was allowed to finally use the Gray Ajah icon after having lusted after it for years.

*cries* I miss those so much! Especially the angry emails I'd get from people right after I raised them because they needed to update the cookies to see their new icon.

Oooh...Remember when I changed everyone's icons for CoL month? I made the WT default icon say "Aes Sedai Witch" and it had a little fire on it.

Archived