A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WT Bio for NSW Amena Linoram - CC'd by Freelanders

Elgee

NSW Character - Green Ajah Head

Character Information

State whether this is a Traditional or a Salidar character: Traditional

Name (first and last): Amena Linoram

Nationality: Andoran/ born in Caemlyn

Age: main timeline: 120 years old (generally played at 100)

Appearance

Hair: Platinum Blonde (it hides the grays)

Eyes: Brown

Skin: medium toned, mostly tanned by the sun

Height: 5'8"

Voice: Other: body type: lean and athletic build

Optional

Special Skills: She's really good at picking up on little details and putting them together. It makes organizing battles come very easy to her and matching sword forms to an opponent's movements are easy, too.

Knowledge Weakness: She's unsure of whether she believes the Seals are weakening or that the Forsaken are loose. She sees plenty of evidence to support the last battle coming, but can't believe the Creator chose her generation to actually fight it.

Physical Weakness: She's relied upon saidar for most of her life and while she's good with forms and isn't clumsy, she's not physically very strong. She's also got scars down her torso from previous battles and has broken a hip in the last battle she fought. It drove her to return to the Tower and take up a position within it and leaves her gait a little impaired, too.

Personality weakness: She doesn't believe there's anything she can't handle and it makes her a bit overly ambitious. Since she can't order people around on a battle field, she's decided to do it in the Green Halls.

Personality

She's very ambitious and curious about the things going on around her. While she doesn't like drama, per se, she had no trouble sneaking in under the guise of assisting to draw out more information.

History

Amena had a pretty generic childhood, happily unaware of her gifts. She was born to a pair of shop owners inside Cairhien. Her parents made quite a variety of things, but usually focused on furnishings and decorations for homes. In that, Amena had access to some pretty influential people, as the Nobles frequented her parents' shop quite often as styles changed.

She was brought to the Tower at the age of sixteen, when a travelling Aes Sedai wandered into their shop to buy a piece of furniture. It really wasn't until she entered the Tower that her life took on any form of adventure. She wouldn't have chosen the Greens if it weren't for a conversation with a newer Green about a class in Battle Tactics she was taking to train for her time in the Borderlands. Halfway through the conversation, Amena realized she knew more about those tactics than the Green did and found herself tutoring the woman on manoeuvres before they left. From then on, she found herself fascinated with war histories and soon it became apparent where she was heading.

She spent many years along the Borderlands, choosing to extend her time along the lines when her term was up. She has many scars that tell the story of her time there, including a pair of deep scars that run down her torso and a broken hip that ended her battle days. She returned to the Tower ten years ago to take up a place among the Greens, collecting information and passing orders (approved by the Captain General, of course) to scouts and troops in the field along the Borderlands.

When Jaydena is found "sleeping," her curiosity is piqued. She sneaks into Jade's study and sifts through notes on her desk, trying to find clues about what might have befallen the sleeping Captain General.

lol Sleeping Beauty? ;)

I have a few things I'd like to see cleared up before approving.

First, the broken hip. While I can see sisters having scars (which would form if Healing wasn't available in time for the scar to set), I find it difficult to imagine that the Yellows could not restore the hip. That doesn't seem like an injury that would be beyond their abilities. If I've read it correctly, this broken hip is the reason she returned to the Tower and stopped going in to battle. Wouldn't that problem solve itself when the Yellows Healed the hip? Is there something else that made her decide to stay in the Tower and work from there?

Perhaps I missed it, but do Accepted get thought in battle tactics? What Ajah did she consider before settling on Green? I always had the impression that girls planning to go to the Borderlands (which, logically, would be for one reason, namely to fight Trollocs) by definition always aimed for Green. This is not really a deal breaker, I'm just curious to what other Ajah might be considered when having that goal in mind.

How long ago did she return to the Tower? If it wasn't that long, it seems odd that she would not believe the Forsaken are loose, with everything that's been going on. Surely she wouldn't be thàt much out of it? What makes her doubt these things?

I don't see anything wrong with the broken hip. True, it probably wouldn't be beyond the abilities of a Yellow to heal, but that's kind of conditional on a Yellow being there to heal it. If it was a life threatening situation, she probably would have just taken whatever healing she could get. You can't Heal the same wound twice, so unless there was a Yellow on hand at the time of the injury she'd just have to live with it.

I didn't know that about the can't heal the same injury twice. Where did you find this, Arath? I was always under the impression that 'if a wound or injury healed in a natural way or through other means' then it couldn't be re-healed again. But if it hadn't been healed, it should be possile. Both possibilities are possible in this bio, I just assumed from the way I read it that she went back to the Tower right after her hip got broken, thus 'ending her battle days'.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't know that about the can't heal the same injury twice.

Moirainne mentioned something like that when she met up with Tom in the Stone. His knee had been injured in the fight with the Fade in Whitebridge, but since it had been too long ago, she couldn't Heal it anymore, just bring a bit of relief.

It isn't stated in the Bio, but I presume there was no one around with the Healing Talent at the time, which is why the injury left her slightly incapacitated. I can have that added that in, if needed.

Perhaps I missed it, but do Accepted get thought in battle tactics? What Ajah did she consider before settling on Green? I always had the impression that girls planning to go to the Borderlands (which, logically, would be for one reason, namely to fight Trollocs) by definition always aimed for Green. This is not really a deal breaker, I'm just curious to what other Ajah might be considered when having that goal in mind.

Yes we're changing the Weapons Score to Battle Readiness Score, which will be about Battle Tactics and Weaves, and some of that will be taught to Accepted who are interested.

The fact that this character seems to have a Talent for tactics is not something I would allow in a PC, as it smacks of godmodding to me. I'm only allowing it because it's a full Aes Sedai NSW character, who will only be played in her position as the new Green Head.

How long ago did she return to the Tower? If it wasn't that long, it seems odd that she would not believe the Forsaken are loose, with everything that's been going on. Surely she wouldn't be thàt much out of it? What makes her doubt these things?

This is what she said:

Knowledge Weakness: She's unsure of whether she believes the Seals are weakening or that the Forsaken are loose. She sees plenty of evidence to support the last battle coming, but can't believe the Creator chose her generation to actually fight it.

To me that's more of a "holy onions I can't believe this is happening" than a flat out "this is nonsense and I don't believe it". Do I make sense? lol ... As we've seen from the books, the vast majority of people (AS included) are finding it difficult to truly believe "the end is nigh NOW". It's a quite human reaction - kind of how most Christians would feel if people started announcing they've seen Jesus walking around and the Second Coming is really imminent.