DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

AMOL: who will die?

Jason Denzel

265 members have voted

1. 1. Which major character(s) do you think will die (and not come back) in the final WoT novel?

• Rand
    • Mat
    • Perrin
    • Egwene
    • Elayne
    • Min
    • Aviendha
    • Lan
    • Moiraine
    • Thom
    • Olver
    • Cadsuane
    • Faile
    • Tuon
    • Suian
    • Galad
    • Gawyn
    • Nynaeve

Faile because it fits in with the dark prophecy, she is the thing that Perrin is most proud off, so the last days of the fallen blacksmiths pride is the last days of her life (or it could be wishful thinking), not sure whys he’s fallen but i don’t think he will die if only because mordin(sp) is so sure of it, i think the part about the wolf dyeing refers to the “little wolf” (Rodel Ituralde) as i cant work out how Long tooth’s(he’s the only other person in randland that i can think of with a wolf reference) death would fit in with the despair everyone is going to feel. And Rodel Ituralde’s death could, if he were to die while leading a charge that almost scatters the trolloc(sp) army and his men lose hart, the trollocs fight back beat Ituralde’s men.it would cause despair in the harts of men

edit

just remembered that in the prophecy, after it talks about the fallen blacksmith is says” AND” then it goes on to talk about the wolf dying which suggests that they are two people and not the same person

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Voted Cadsuane. She's the only one I think is certain, simply cos she's so old even for an Aes Sedai.

Can I ask why people think Min will die? I mean I know she's been in the line of fire for most of the books, but come AMoL TG will start properly, and seeing as she can neither channel nor fight effectively, she will not be on the front line so I would expect her to be relatively safe compared to most of the characters.

I think that the thought behind this is that she ALWAYS insists on being near Rand, even if she is pretty useless with those damned knives of hers (Semirhage, anyone?). The fact that she can't fight won't be an issue for her, it hasn't been yet. Rand probably will die trying to save her from some attack. But I have made clear my dislike for the character, so I while I don't hope any "good" character dies, I wouldn't be heartbroken if she bit the dust.

I really hope that Rand stays dead. After an entire series worth of build up to him having to sacrifice himself to save the world, to end it all off with "Actually, I'm not quite dead, sir!" would be a real letdown and a fairly lame and disappointing ending. I love his character, but his sacrifice needs to be real and his getting to call a mulligan on it would be dumb. I take the "to live, you must die" bit to be a reference to his getting another life a few thousand years down the line instead of being wiped out with the rest of existence, not a reference to his coming back to this life.

Other than him, I think that every major character is going to live. Tenobia and Bashere are two secondary characters who are toast and a bunch of other minor ones will probably be offed here and there, but the main people end up getting through it.

Voted Cadsuane. She's the only one I think is certain, simply cos she's so old even for an Aes Sedai.

Can I ask why people think Min will die? I mean I know she's been in the line of fire for most of the books, but come AMoL TG will start properly, and seeing as she can neither channel nor fight effectively, she will not be on the front line so I would expect her to be relatively safe compared to most of the characters.

I think that the thought behind this is that she ALWAYS insists on being near Rand, even if she is pretty useless with those damned knives of hers (Semirhage, anyone?). The fact that she can't fight won't be an issue for her, it hasn't been yet. Rand probably will die trying to save her from some attack. But I have made clear my dislike for the character, so I while I don't hope any "good" character dies, I wouldn't be heartbroken if she bit the dust.

I think it's mainly because she's been in quite a peripheral (albeit important) role for a while and the Shadow are attempting to strike at those that Rand cares about, so she seems like a nice juicy target...

With the indications suggesting that Rand will find some way to cheat death (or maybe he'll just meet up with Elayne & co in Tel'Aran'Rhiod) I also see her death as a handy plot tool to get around the longevity problem when it comes to all but her being able to channel.

Archived