DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Discuss Demandred

Luckers

Oh, but you assumed that I don't in fact believe that Demandred will lead an army? Why would you do a thing like that?

Surely, what I believe and what I know to be speculation can be two seperate things?

Your getting to aggrivated cool down.

All i was saying it you may want to look that up if you doubt that Demandred will lead armies.

It was just from this quote

He's probably most useful to the Shadow by getting Rand to join with it, or by somehow or other assuring the victory of the shadow over the light. Whether that involves leading armies or not is uncertain.

that makes me think. Its semantics. You are correct technically because we dont know 100%

But seriously. Demandred not leading armies is totally stupid idead.

Again, to clarify not to offend you, as clearly i have, I do not mean to say you think this, but that quote was just pretty strange. To suggest that such a thing is "uncertain" is yes, technically correct, but logically pointless. 99.999999% Demandred will lead armies. its just common sense, I didnt think it had to be said.

Oh, and as for evidence. See tGS prologue.

Demandred says "My rule is secure. I gather for war."

If that doesnt say he is leading armies , then I am jesus and Perrin is a trolloc.

Edit for one more point. Clearly you get pretty heated, my aim was not to offend, I tend to be a bit blunt, thats all. So I apologize for that.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, but you assumed that I don't in fact believe that Demandred will lead an army? Why would you do a thing like that?

Surely, what I believe and what I know to be speculation can be two seperate things?

Nobody is going to preface everything they write on this board with 'I AM SPECULATING HERE'. Enjoy role playing White Ajah but dont expect anybody to play along for too long.

note: I AM SPECULATING about the above.

Barid, I wasn't getting upset at all! Thanks for the change in tone though. I enjoyed the debate.

Mbuehner: Erm, I wasn't even RP'ing. That's just how I think, unfortuantely. It would be sad to think that people around here would pull out of a perfectly good debate on the grounds that they think it's Roleplay. Of course, assuming that they might is pure speculation on my part.

;)

Barid, I wasn't getting upset at all! Thanks for the change in tone though. I enjoyed the debate.

Mbuehner: Erm, I wasn't even RP'ing. That's just how I think, unfortuantely. It would be sad to think that people around here would pull out of a perfectly good debate on the grounds that they think it's Roleplay. Of course, assuming that they might is pure speculation on my part.

;)

Ahhh cool. All good, I enjoy the debate aswell :)

But yeah, I come across quite blunt.

Anyway, back to Demandred. What say you on the tGS prologue quote?

"My rule is secure. I gather for war."

Leading armies

Yay or nay? :tongue:

My opinion? Definitely 'yay'. :)

BUT we have to wait and see

hahaha yeahh, I know what you mean. Well hopefully Demandred will be awesome.

its looking more and more promising.

Aside from the quotes posted (most by myself) saying how big demandred is going to be, I just found another that looks promising.

Austin Moore on Twitter - 3 January 2011

Has Demandred even been doing anything important besides building an army? (guessing it's in Murandy)

Brandon

He's been doing lots of important things.

Omar Subedar

Who is your favorite member of the Chosen?

Brandon

Moridin. Followed by Demandred. Followed by Lanfear.

To reach Taim's inner circle in the Black Tower( his receiving room, black on red) you had to walk for a long period of time... is it possible that you walk through a doorway or gate to another world or area of Randland? It wwas inferred when the Reds went to bond Ashamen and they were taken to Taim.Also in COT Rand was thoroughly ticked at Logain for his bonding of Aes Sedai... could it be because he knew that 13x13 gave dreadlords and Logain was giving Taim fodder for it with this?

Is it possible that Demandred has made a portal connecting the BT to his domain and the Dream Spike is keeping its whereabouts a mystery?

Demandred knows Taim and also knows Taim is a Darkfriend.

In WH, Raefar Kisman is told seperately by Taim, Demandred and Moridin to kill Rand.

On top of this, he is further told by Demandred to not even tell Taim about this order.

There is no reason for Demandred to add that if Taim is not a DF or at the very least 13X13ed.

You don't need to tell a DF not to say "I'm on a mission for one of the Forsaken" to someone that walks in the light heh, you would only say that if you wanted the info kept from another DF.

My personal opinion is that Taim follows or is under the control of Moridin.

Moridin has Asha'man guarding his fortress in the blight and is obviously employing the second Dreamspike at the Black Tower.

Coincidence that Taim locks down the Black Tower just as the Dreamspike becomes active there....I think not.

Is it possible that Demandred has made a portal connecting the BT to his domain and the Dream Spike is keeping its whereabouts a mystery?

The dreamspike negates the ability to create gateways. If a gateway is already open and a dreamspike is moved to that location, the gateway closes instantly as in the case when Gawyn nearly loses a foot returning to Tar Valon.

Demandred knows Taim and also knows Taim is a Darkfriend.

In WH, Raefar Kisman is told seperately by Taim, Demandred and Moridin to kill Rand.

On top of this, he is further told by Demandred to not even tell Taim about this order.

There is no reason for Demandred to add that if Taim is not a DF or at the very least 13X13ed.

You don't need to tell a DF not to say "I'm on a mission for one of the Forsaken" to someone that walks in the light heh, you would only say that if you wanted the info kept from another DF.

My personal opinion is that Taim follows or is under the control of Moridin.

Moridin has Asha'man guarding his fortress in the blight and is obviously employing the second Dreamspike at the Black Tower.

Coincidence that Taim locks down the Black Tower just as the Dreamspike becomes active there....I think not.

Yes. The most likely scenario is Taim isn't a Darkfriend when we first meet him, else he wouldn't have given Rand the seal, saved him from the Grey Man or rescued him at Dumai's Well. It seems as if he was self-serving and was only recently 13x13'd.

The dreamspike negates the ability to create gateways. If a gateway is already open and a dreamspike is moved to that location, the gateway closes instantly as in the case when Gawyn nearly loses a foot returning to Tar Valon.
Not exactly:
“Graendal,” he said softly, dangerously. “I know the key for this one.
The ability to forbid gateways into your places of refuge . . . Well, it was a vital tool, particularly when she decided to move against the other Chosen. It was more effective than wards, protecting one's dreams from any intrusion, and it stopped all forms of Traveling in or out of the area except for those allowed.
It seems the dreamspike knocks the reflection of a place in TAR slightly out of phase, and without knowing the specific correction to make to the weave it will prevent the opening of a gateway; but if you do know the key, it does not inhibit gateway formation.

Still, I think the Black Tower is just the Black Tower. It's obviously a stronghold of the Shadow, and Demandred, or the Black Ajah, or whoever, will rendezvous there rather than the other way around.

The most likely scenario is Taim isn't a Darkfriend when we first meet him, else he wouldn't have given Rand the seal, saved him from the Grey Man or rescued him at Dumai's Well.
And Rand. He had been sneaking through utter darkness toward Callandor, while all around him six men and five women walked, some hunting him and some ignoring him, some trying to guide him toward the shining crystal sword and some trying to stop him from reaching it, appearing not to know where he was, or only to see him in flashes.

Killing an assassin is an obvious way to insinuate yourself into someone's good graces; we've seen it done several time in this series (e.g., Daved Hanlon and Elayne). As for the seal and Dumai's Wells, they can easily be explained by orders conflicting with Demandred's desire to find the seals in KOD or Mesaana's attempt to capture Rand in LOC.

Archived