DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Red Ajah Autumn Fair - Haiku Contest

Naked~Frog

Welcome to the Autumn Fair Haiku poetry contest!

As defined by Answers.com a Haiku is:

A Japanese lyric verse form having three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables, traditionally invoking an aspect of nature or the seasons.

http://www.answers.com/topic/haiku

One example, that I think is fitting, is

old pond . . .

a frog leaps in

water’s sound

So of course the poems you enter need to be about Fall, the Red Ajah, and Fairs. It can be funny, it can be serious, or it can be off the wall crazy. (We all know crazy fits in well with the Red Ajah )

PM all your entries to me and I will be the judge, with the winning announcement on the 25th. The winner gets a signature announcing to the DM world that they are the winner. They may also get extra snugglebites from the Reds.

So go have fun, enter your poems and await the announcement.

This thread is for an autumn based Haiku contest. For those of you who don't know what Haiku is it is a three sentence poem.

Example:

old pond . . .

a frog leaps in

water’s sound

(found by Torrie)

I will be judging your submissions and announcing a winner on the 25th, Good luck!

Have fun, be creative, and I can't wait to see what you can do :)

Hate to say it, but that's not a Haiku (it might be in Japanese, but not in translation). In addition to being 3 lines, a Haiku's lines follow a very specific rhythm: 5 syllables in line 1; 7 in line 2; 5 in line 3.

Like this

Autumn: leaves red, gold

Football, costumes, turkeys, and

a red ajah contest

No limit on the amount you can enter, but I am sure poor Froggy would not want 50 entries from just one person. Feel free to turn in more than one, but keep in mind she does have to read and judge each and every one. :wink:

The link is up now, I just have not had time to update. :wacko:

• 1 month later...

Archived