DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

One RING... oh wait...

soccerscott

I enjoy long wa...oh man... yup...twice on one post... it's going be bad...

But for real, if you're still with me

My name is Scott, and I am married with 2 children. I work for the United States Army. Currently deployed in Afghanistan, I picked up these books. I never really liked reading before, in fact, it made me physically angry to read. I guess you could say I was much more of a movie guy. When I joined the army, being away from the family could be pretty rough and while in training your privileges are few and far between. I picked up a series (hope i can say this here...) The Sword of Truth. I'd recommend it if you can get passed some of the more tedious writing habits (if you can make it through this post, you'll be fine.). I Grew to love reading: yada yada yada. Got over here, bored out of my mind, so I ordered a recommended series from said previous one. The Eye of the World... I fell in love. I'm sure most of you can relate to this as you did enough to investigate a book via google, and then actually clicked the nerdy link, and FURTHER more are reading a new members welcome post ;) I hope to explain more about myself as my post trolling continues, and maybe have some insights on the novels. Thank you kindly for your time, and hopefully you don't feel like drooling after that awful compulsion weave ;)

Welcome to DM! I read Sword of Truth in your post and almost stopped reading it there :tongue: Just kidding. I made it like half way through that series before I honestly couldn't read another word, I might eventually pick it up again just to finish the series though. What's your MOS? I wish I could be deployed to Afghanistan *mutters curses under her breath* but no my unit has to go to Kuwait. Anyway, welcome again to DM, and if you have any questions feel free to ask :happy:

@ fire and ice...

Funny that you almost stopped reading the post, considering your user name. Isn't fire and ice another series? As for the rest of the SoT...It actually got worse. Goodkind started running out of things to write, so more of the same mundane(sp) paragraphs, and the same concepts through out the last books. I must say though, I'm glad I stuck it out because it brought me here. Also the ending is very fitting for the story. If you don't want to read it, just email me and I'll tell you whats up. Currently, my MOS is 12Y. Geospatial Engineer. With a route clearance BN so I get to do some high speed shit here and there. Iraq is picking back up so you'll probably see some nasty stuff while you're there so don't feel bad. Suicide bomber took out 83 Iraqi "army" trainies the other day. Dude sat in the square for over 4 hours before pulling the cord. Scary thought eh?

@ Jagen...

Yes I'm very happy that I found this series. Some of it bothers me, but then everyone has their own opinions right? I mean hey... you joined the Navy ;) ;) Just messin' with ya, I actually have some good aqaintences in the Navy.

@ anyone/everyone

I'm very surprised to have a couple of posts already, these must be pretty active forums! Thanks for the replies, I guess if you write it they will come eh?

I just meant I almost stopped reading the post because SoT is just such a horribley written series, but I have read a few of those *coughEragoncough* Yep A Song of Ice and Fire is the most amazing series ever written, HBO is turning it into a television series. So I highly recommend that series (and so would a bunch of other people) if you're looking for another series to start. So no WoT isn't my absolute favorite series ever, but it's in the top three.

I'm a medic and I love my job, that's why I don't want to be stuck in Kuwait. The navy takes care of the medical stuff there, so I really wouldn't be able to do my job. That's the whole reason I signed up for the Army! but whatevs I go where they tell me :happy: I'm in the group of people that think we shouldn't pull out of Iraq and whatnot, but oh well I don't need to turn your welcome thread into my political beliefs :tongue:

I first starting reading A song of ice and fire, then transitioned into wheel of time lol. I am a corpsman(medic) in the united states navy currently. I am at a strong tie between GRRMs AsoIF and WoT. I know a few people who have went to kuwait as navy coprsman and loved it lol.

I am at a strong tie between GRRMs AsoIF and WoT.

Ok, I know the WoT, and AsoFI, but what is GRRMs? I know a TON of people that have recommended the Shanara series. Although I'm not quite ready for 20+ some odd books yet.

You'll be fine in Kuwait...1 year of your life plus some bonus pay... just read a bunch =P

I was going to start another series, but I think I may just re-read WoT. I won't get to see Towers of Midnight untill I get back...whenever that is... So I think when I finish that I'll just start over again so I can be fresh for the last one. THEN I WILL be starting aSoFI.

I'm diggin the ammount of posts on this btw =P

Civilian here.

Welcome to DM, and hope that you pick up Ice and Fire at some point. Awesomely written series, kinda torn between it and WoT for my favorites. You may occasionally read me or the occasional other poster suddenly lapse into Goodkind bashing in our posts, though. But its not nearly as common here as it is elsewhere on the interwebs :D

Oh I'll be one of the first to join in on the bash fest. Sword of Truth, great concept, HORRID writing. That and I'm pretty sure Terry Goodkind may be a pedofile... i mean some of the stuff dude wrote in there was just...yea...

So this "ajah" stuff I see in people sigs, is that the social section of these boards? Can't say I'll get into the RP stuff... but just curious.

so what do you all do there..like..email each other in RP format? Not really my cup of tea. Especially considering I don't drink tea!!! Let's see though... Black Tower guild/clan/ehh....group? with a name like Shadow Walker... I'm going to guess that you come out at night and help elderly people safely cross the street? It's ok you don't have to tell me I'm right... And I won't tell anyone that you help with their groceries either....

Welcome to the Mount :D

Looks like others found you first, I hope they've been nice to you :3

Do you have any questions that you need answered or that you've asked and have been left unanswere?

If so feel free to PM me or re-ask them here, and I shall answer to the best of my ability :3

Until then, have fun Storming the Mount!

Yep the Ajah stuff is part of the social section of the White Tower. It has nothing at all to do with Rping. Basically it's just about making friends and having fun :happy: you can read about it here if you'd like. There are some pretty cool people involved over there :wink: Of course all the social groups are pretty cool, so you should definitely go read the stickies in each of them if you're interested in making friends and talking to different people, though not into the whole RP thing.

Personally, I think you should join our Writer's Guild. Yup.

:rolleyes:

So if I go and check out each of the welcome posts, do I find a similar quote? Or does my brash and sarcastic sense of humor rub you the right way? ;) Now, is the writers guild seperate from the other social groups? The way I figure things work, (as I have not yet had the time to read the sticky posts) when I choose a social group...I am "BOUND BY THE ONE POWER" unless of course I was severed/re-bonded/ressurected by the DO/bought a new pencil? ;)

Welcome to the Mount :D

Looks like others found you first, I hope they've been nice to you :3

Do you have any questions that you need answered or that you've asked and have been left unanswere?

If so feel free to PM me or re-ask them here, and I shall answer to the best of my ability :3

Until then, have fun Storming the Mount!

First off, thank you to EVERYONE for the great welcome if I haven't already. Yes it would appear I've been found. By the red ajah none less...so does that make me an honorary(sp) of the black tower already? (heh)

Secondly... What part of Washington State are you in. I Lived there for the first 22ish years of my young life. Then Uncle Sam said YOU SHALL NOT PASS GO, and I got booted to good ol' North Kackalaki (or Carolina for people who actually like the place).

Third(ly), I do pose a question to you... I'm curious if there has been a tally, or in spirit of the WoT a hunt for DF, but how many dudes on here pretend to be women I wonder. Just a thought. Yes...Some will laugh at this... but I seriously wonder how large the number is. LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!

Yep the Ajah stuff is part of the social section of the White Tower. It has nothing at all to do with Rping. Basically it's just about making friends and having fun :happy: you can read about it here if you'd like. There are some pretty cool people involved over there :wink: Of course all the social groups are pretty cool, so you should definitely go read the stickies in each of them if you're interested in making friends and talking to different people, though not into the whole RP thing.

Gotta point this out if no one else has... you made me 'chuckle' (I'm a man in the military damnit...I don't giggle)that in your location, you went all cliche(sp). Good stuff Ice and Fire. I also dig that this whole site other than a book discussion, is essentially a w/c (aka work chat) guild if you will. I may be hanging myself more with this than with SoT...but I USED to play WoW.. ok ok... let the jokes and folley fly... and we had a pretty bad ass forum going before I quit and of course the world revolving around my exsistance the forums collapsed and the game itself went to garbage. You can all applaud now. :)

haha...yes I help old ladys cross the street.*rubs hands together* :biggrin:

You can learn exciting stuff in the tower, once you join you never leave..... :baalzamon:

oh man...I totally forgot what I was going to say when I grabbed your qoute and saw the last smilie entitled... "Baalzamon" ... what have I gotten myself into....

Archived