DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Memory of Light

bscuga

I was reading The Gathering Storm for the first time the other day and a girl who lives in my building said "Is that a Wheel of Time book are they still making those? I stopped with book 8" I asked her why and she said "I just couldn't wait two or three years for each new book" I told her to start NOW and re-read every one of them. I am lucky I just started the WoT four months ago and I get to wait for at least one book. I get to have the experience everyone here seems to have had and I feel really lucky to have caught on to the WoT when I did at the end. So basically take all the time you need Brandon Sanderson it will just make the last book that much better.

Thanks

I started reading WOT in 1990 I read TEoTW and tGH back to back and had to wait for TDR... been waiting ever since. I am honestly afraid of how I will react to this thing actually ending. The people, places, things in these books are as real in my mind as the world I live in. (even though I know they are not) I bought Book 1 of TWOK, but have not been able to start reading it. I think I will wait until TWOT is over to start, that way I can read the first two back to back.

As far as I'm concerned he can take as long as he needs. It has to sit and feel right for the fans and most importantly for the memory of RJ. This is the book we have all been waiting the final battle, all those millions of words and characters to come down to the end to see who'll take the final bow as victor.

Anyone else completely bummed that WOT is ending?

I still will never understand this sentiment. The Wheel of Time isn't going anywhere. We will all finally have a complete set to read.

I mean, I guess I can understand a little that it is fun to come here and guess what will be in the next book. The anticipation of new releases is fun too, but really, I'll just be happy when it is complete. The work deserves to be completed.

Besides, there is always the Encyclopedia to look forward to.

Fish speaks:

Well, I just cannot believe this guy!

How DARE he decide to actually give his newborn child and wife a little more of himself than working six days a week at 14 hours per???!!!

Does he think that just because he will end up giving us over 1,500 pages of excellent new WOT material to read between October 26, 2009 and November 2, 2010 it gives him ANY excuse to take a breather???

Doesn't he understand that we the fans have every right to expect him to chain himself to his desk until he gets all these books out for us???

I mean, if he has to basically say ''F OFF!!!'' to his child and family in order to satisfy US...well, is that really so bad?

Does he really think we care that instead of choosing to rush AMOL out in some shoddy, hurried fashion so that he can just be done with his WOT Commitment and get back to his Stormlight and Mistborn books he is actually going to treat the final book of WOT with time, precision and respect that we will just automatically forgive him for this treachery???

What a Lazy Bum.

Seriosuly...I expected this. The man shows all the symptoms of being on the verge of a very understable case of burnout. I also had a strong suspicion that he had had some serious ''Buffers'' the past few years...''Buffers'' are common knowledge inside the publishing business, but, no matter HOW many Buffers the man has been graced with the past few years, he IS a very prolific writer, despite his modesty. The man is talented.

Mr Sanderson, if you see this, I want you to know that, while not perfect, the work you have done on WOT so far has overall been magnificent in this longtime WOT Fan's opinion and IS deeply appreciated by WOT Fans across th world.

Sir, take a breather, take care of your child and wife, rest, recharge and know that I have every faith that you will deliver AMOL when it is right and ready and respectful to Jim Rigney/Robert Jordan's legacy and it will be greatly appreciated even if it takes some extra time.

As a person who once had the honor of shaking Mr Rigney's hand, I for one am actually quite excited by the fact that you, Brandon, will conduct another reread before finalizing AMOL.

Fitting and proper.

The Wheel turns, Mr Sanderson; may it bring you and yours nothing but wonderful Beginnings...

- Fish

Well said Fish, I am totally with you on this

I'm not surprised at all. This wasn't the first we've heard of a delay.

Still, how can I complain? He's doing his best, and his best is very good indeed. Plus, I love his short stories. If anything comes out of those months, I'll be thrilled.

Let me ask you something, though. Do you think Tor will actually publish the book on a March date? Wouldn't they wait for Thanksgiving or something like that?

Archived