DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

PUMONCA FOR SG LEADER!!! NO SPAM!!

Canukistani

Both of you are right. Your arguments actually complement each other. See, Nae is right that in a group this active he can't just walk in and say "Hey, its my way or the highway", because he'll have a lot of pissed off people. However, he can take the org in a whole new direction if he so desires, he's just got to be gradual about it, and do it in stages so that the membership can swallow it and accept it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not at all hurt or angry... go ahead and check out the blasted lands for the correct method of applying for Org leader.  I'm merely worried you will continue on this quest for gaining millions of posts on your count when we move to the new boards.  We set up an area specifically for spam because it's not everyones forte.   I've seen very little from the current active members of SG of late because all I do see are pages and pages and pages of spam from 5 people.  As I've said before.. DM is moving to new boards so I haven't been to worried about these ones... (other than the fact that the cutoff is the 10th so some poor soul has to move all the spam that happened before then) but on the new boards the spam will go back to being soley in the blight.

I will ask that you tread carefully with your mocking and insulting of those who don't agree with your carnage of the dying forum though.  Some is to be expected.. this is SG after all.. but don't overdo it.

Edit for Nyn.. yes.. if a new leader decides to take SG in a new direction that is one thing... a group of oldbies coming in and, without proper authority, deciding they are going to make it their mission to turn SG back to how it was when they were active is another.  Throwing mockery and insults at the current leaders and current active members because they dont WANT that method is not fair and is uncalled for.  I don't care if you've been here since the beginning of Dragonmount... having your membership to DM for 10 years instead of 3 doesn't give you a right to ignore those in charge of the area of DM you are in.  I'd certainly never go to the Aiel and belittle Min's authority and I know Mystica wouldn't come here and insult Verbal's authority.  Like I've said.. carnage all you want to the dying dm 7 Sg boards but don't expect a free pass to do so to the ones at Dm8.

who was he insulting?  where are these insults?  If anything you should be directing that line to me because i've called the spam that i've seen in the last few years to be done by mouth-breathers and that in and of itself is a mentally ableist remark.

so :P

I can't say that I have ever had the luxury of coming across intellectual spam.  The thread I moved to the blight before I remembered it didn't matter for now had nothing but xxx spam, pudding spam, pickle spam, blah blah blah spam, so on.  A few of the others I bothered to swim thru had more nonesense like "would you do it in a hat, well I didn't think of that, marshmallows are squishy, so is your tooshy." Much like the blight spam and fiddles spam.  Fun to those few who do it.  Mindless drivel to those who have to skim thru it all to find the few posts that make sense.

Like I said.. he, you, anyone, is more than welcome to go to the blasted lands and get the email addy and instructions for applying for the new leader postion.  In the mean time Pandy while he is around and Moggy, Verbal, and myself are the leaders of SG.  I haven't told anyone they have to stop and I wont on these boards but until the new leader decides if they want this to be a spammy social group or for it to stay in the blight then I won't tolerate it on the new boards.

this thread is for us to show support/ridicule for his application so that the judge can see what the communities reaction is to him.

if i send you pics of Nyn's boobies will you edit all your posts to say that you love Pumonca and want to have his forum babies?

I have been bonded to him for 2 years now.  What do you think?

I know nothing of Monca so I have no way of knowing if he'd be good for the position or not.  When he is not spamming he seems educated in his replies.  He at least has that going for him.

And Nyn is right.. boobies do nothing for me.

People always say that if you reinforce being straight in the first place that means that you're insecure of your sexuality.... and that if you go kiss a member of the same sex or wear the opposite sex' underwear... then that more than proves that you're straight.

How the hell does that add up exactly?  LOL

I think that's a story gay people thought up to get more people to bat in their team (genius plan, btw, kudus).

Nyn

who was he insulting?  where are these insults?  If anything you should be directing that line to me because i've called the spam that i've seen in the last few years to be done by mouth-breathers and that in and of itself is a mentally ableist remark.

It's not actually about that. It's about a challenge to authority based on prior interactions in SG, and about the lack of respect or regard for the Blight. It's more to do with not showing throat or bowing to more recent authority, and anintolerance for any brief veerign from the rigid organized structure several people obviously are comfortable and supportive of. I believe the only person I actually insulted was Barm, and that was because he abused his authority and power by editing posts without ethical purpose (spam should be moved, not peoples' posts edited unless for a violation of terms of use), and because he was spamming (not by my definition, but by that of himself and others) on threads as well. I don't know enough of Barm to know if he's a jerk or a great guy, I was simply pointing out the hypocricy and abuse of power that others demand be respected, and it pissed people off. I'm just seen as the catalyst for all of this because I began the flashback spams, and because I'm abbrassive and thus easily vilified. I certainly can't argue with that.

It's not actually about that. It's about a challenge to authority based on prior interactions in SG, and about the lack of respect or regard for the Blight. It's more to do with not showing throat or bowing to more recent authority, and anintolerance for any brief veerign from the rigid organized structure several people obviously are comfortable and supportive of. I believe the only person I actually insulted was Barm, and that was because he abused his authority and power by editing posts without ethical purpose (spam should be moved, not peoples' posts edited unless for a violation of terms of use), and because he was spamming (not by my definition, but by that of himself and others) on threads as well. I don't know enough of Barm to know if he's a jerk or a great guy, I was simply pointing out the hypocricy and abuse of power that others demand be respected, and it pissed people off. I'm just seen as the catalyst for all of this because I began the flashback spams, and because I'm abbrassive and thus easily vilified. I certainly can't argue with that.

this made me wet

Archived